• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ramos and Walker are Back

kemajic said:
SoldierGriz said:
For the season Montana had an average of 4.4 YPC vs. 3.9 YPC for opponents.

Did UM average over 200 yards, give up no sacks, have 10 3d down conversions, and have almost 40 minutes of TOP, all with mostly the backup qb who was not overly mobile.

Do you judge o-line play by only by yards per carry? Is that the sole criteria? With the backup playing, do you not
think SS packed the box? If the O-line was having bad game, why would UM keep running the ball and picking up first downs?

kemajic said:
SoldierGriz said:

Much of which was boosted when they were playing bad teams. EWU at the end, for example. The team didn’t average above 4 YPC against any teams with a winning record, if I remember correctly. Can’t win a lot of games being that inefficient.

PTGrizzly said:
kemajic said:

Much of which was boosted when they were playing bad teams. EWU at the end, for example. The team didn’t average above 4 YPC against any teams with a winning record, if I remember correctly. Can’t win a lot of games being that inefficient.

As I have said several times, o-line play is more than yards per carry. It's pass protection. It's not giving up sacks.

Ostmo, Knight, Johnson, Harris and Childs, the main runners, averaged just over 5.0 per carry for the season. Johnson didn't play against Weber, not much against SS, and not the second half against NDSU. He averaged 4.4 per carry (even with sacks) and scored 8 rushing TD's for the season, tops on the team. Brown averaged .7 yards per carry.

Not having Johnson for all of SS and any of Weber, both hurt the offense but also hurt the running game. He was averaging 12 per carry went he went out at SS.

PTGrizzly said:
kemajic said:

Actually, when the top running backs and Johnson weren't on the field, the average per carry went down significantly.

When the top running backs and Johnson were in the game, they averaged over 5 yards per carry.

mthoopsfan said:
PTGrizzly said:

Actually, when the top running backs and Johnson weren't on the field, the average per carry went down significantly.

When the top running backs and Johnson were in the game, they averaged over 5 yards per carry.
[/quote

Truth is the offensive line was horrible, but they may have just been a victim of the poor offensive coordinator, who was fired by BH.

Back