• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ramos and Walker are Back

Seems like the tweet is now unavailable but Montana Griz football made a tweet saying they are back and got waivers from the NCAA

HookedonGriz said:
Seems like the tweet is now unavailable but Montana Griz football made a tweet saying they are back and got waivers from the NCAA

That’s a big deal! All five lineman returning and an experienced kicker. Good news👍.

alabamagrizzly said:
HookedonGriz said:

That’s a big deal! All five lineman returning and an experienced kicker. Good news👍.

Now the line has depth as well with additions.

Word on the street is Walker has a shot to play on Sundays. Another year here of development is awesome as he was on the defensive side until this last year. He’s still learning and he is tough as nails.

HookedonGriz said:
Word on the street is Walker has a shot to play on Sundays. Another year here of development is awesome as he was on the defensive side until this last year. He’s still learning and he is tough as nails.

Some of the incoming frosh and returning dudes need to attach themselves to this guys hip. Work hard and see how it's done.

All 5 starters from the Griz OL return, love it. The o-line didn't have the best start to the season but IMO got better quickly and actually proved itself to be possibly the most stable group on offense. We have a 1st team all conference player in Mayginnes and a 3rd team with Forbes. Casey at RT got Pac 12 interest and played his first full season entirely there, I expect his experience to really ramp up his skill. Walker was rusty in September, that was widely shared, but boy he really improved fast. RG saw both Brown and Grimsrud and now we've added Panfiloff who has 2 years of experience playing at Utah Tech.

Suddenly this Griz OL has really good experience and even depth with a lot of meaningful reps. There's a long way to go for this group, but it's a positive sign to me.

Ramos, like Walker, got better as the season went. Always happy to have a solid kicker back at it too.

Ramos was 79% which is pretty respectable

https://twitter.com/khansen406/status/1621216345059913735?s=46&t=s03ZjhBvr3F-9yXTRRvMcA

Awesome, great news on both counts. O’line should be solid and with Nico back and Rohrbach we should be solid in the kicking game as well. I would bet Bobby may look for a transfer later in the off season.

HookedonGriz said:

This will be his 7th year of college. Which means he’ll be 25 if/when drafted. That is an OLD rookie. :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:

This will be his 7th year of college. Which means he’ll be 25 if/when drafted. That is an OLD rookie. :lol:

These kids keep getting older and older. Look at Stetson Bennett…..2 years older than Brock Purdy!

Awesome news! Makes me think of Tommy Boy
tommy-boy-college.gif

I thought all the Griz players hated the program and wanted to leave..because you know of Bobby and Robby and Rosey and Germer. Actually other than a backup QB has anyone else hit the portal? In today's College FB with the portal that is pretty remarkable. Maybe these guys are coming back because they know that they have the potential to play on a pretty good football team.

UncleRico said:
I thought all the Griz players hated the program and wanted to leave..because you know of Bobby and Robby and Rosey and Germer. Actually other than a backup QB has anyone else hit the portal? In today's College FB with the portal that is pretty remarkable. Maybe these guys are coming back because they know that they have the potential to play on a pretty good football team.

Definitely haven’t been hit hard by portal or departures. I thought it would be worse. Who have we had leave….Knight, Britt, anyone else recently?

I’m guessing we will lose a few after spring, either young men who decide to look for a greener pasture or young men who are told they should move on. This will open up a few more schollies which is good too. I am sure we go after 2-3 more guys after spring.

AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:

That's straight up BYU material right there.

Back