• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

QB depth going into spring

Griz til I die said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Don’t forget a DT and a CB.
There’s no god damn way we’re bringing in 4 O lineman, a DT and a corner. I think 1-2 O lineman, and a corner. We don’t need a DT, we got Gunner and Alford.

They should bring in about 6 OL. Maybe Germer can get lucky and one of them will be honorable mention BSC.

SoldierGriz said:
Griz til I die said:
There’s no god damn way we’re bringing in 4 O lineman, a DT and a corner. I think 1-2 O lineman, and a corner. We don’t need a DT, we got Gunner and Alford.

They should bring in about 6 OL. Maybe Germer can get lucky and one of them will be honorable mention BSC.

That is the same with QB's and Hauck, we have nobody on the roster that will amount to much without a semi average OL. I would get 8 OL, you nailed it with your OL comments

mtgrizrule said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Well, for what it is worth, I have heard there have already been discussions by the coaches and Brown about changing positions.

I heard that too. Hence my assertion of him gaining weight and strength for TE. That worked well before.

Think Josh Paffhausen. I doubt Brown will take another snap at QB for UM, but I hope he stays with the program. A good kid from the sounds of it.

goatcreekgriz said:
mtgrizrule said:
I heard that too. Hence my assertion of him gaining weight and strength for TE. That worked well before.

Think Josh Paffhausen. I doubt Brown will take another snap at QB for UM, but I hope he stays with the program. A good kid from the sounds of it.

Brown will be starting in 2023.

Griz Addict said:
goatcreekgriz said:

Brown will be starting in 2023.

I’ll take that bet for any amount of $$ you want to wager. :thumb: :thumb:

Unless you were talking about him starting for MSU-N…

grizindabox said:
Griztrain said:
the 2 transfers we have offered? or 2 new names?

Only 1 name was mentioned specifically and it is not a name listed on the thread about recruiting/offers.

Could it be the WSU o-line connection?
Dylan Mayginnes - brother of Griz player Hunter Mayginnes
Brian Greene - originally offered in 2017 by the Griz

go96griz said:
grizindabox said:
Only 1 name was mentioned specifically and it is not a name listed on the thread about recruiting/offers.

Why would Brian Greene leave WSU? He's a starter at center and has a couple years left to play.

indian-outlaw said:
go96griz said:
Why would Brian Greene leave WSU? He's a starter at center and has a couple years left to play.

I thought he already entered the portal?

And wasn’t Johnson the starting QB at SDSU? He left…

indian-outlaw said:
go96griz said:
Doesn't like the new coach????

Griz til I die said:
indian-outlaw said:

You might be on to something with him disliking the coach. Regardless, Outlaw, Brian is out of WSU and being followed on Twitter by Rosenbach and Germer.

https://twitter.com/BrianGreene50/status/1480644685513195521

go96griz said:
Griz til I die said:

You might be on to something with him disliking the coach. Regardless, Outlaw, Brian is out of WSU and being followed on Twitter by Rosenbach and Germer.

https://twitter.com/BrianGreene50/status/1480644685513195521
If we get him, he will be great. But I would be surprised if he goes FCS.

indian-outlaw said:
go96griz said:

According to his post he only has one year left to play.

Back