• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Post Game Press Conference

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
UncleP said:
Wait….what?
You were able to take the 3 seconds and make 15 key strokes to glean that trove of information?
Impressive!

Do you know where Boulder, Colorado is? His salary will be just a bit more there.

Why would he take that terrible job? Money? Doubt it. If he leaves I don’t think it will be a repeat of the UNLV scenario. If he stays a few more years he will probably be coaching U of M in the Mountain West anyway. Cue the move up discussion. My thoughts on his presser behavior - today I am having PB&J for lunch.

:shock:

CDAGRIZ said:
Can anyone tell us what he said or did or didn’t say that triggered this? There has to be something or somethings. I truly don’t know.

a reporter asked Bobby " Coach Barnum paid for all the beer at a Portland State home game, have you ever thought about buying all the fans beer ?" The local media's serious hard-hitting journalistic curiosity drives the coach to wonder why he is spending valuable time at the press conference.

Proud Griz Man said:

CDAGRIZ said:
Can anyone tell us what he said or did or didn’t say that triggered this? There has to be something or somethings. I truly don’t know.

a reporter asked Bobby " Coach Barnum paid for all the beer at a Portland State home game, have you ever thought about buying all the fans beer ?" The local media's serious hard-hitting journalistic curiosity drives the coach to wonder why he is spending valuable time at the press conference.

So Barnum buys a 12 pack and you want Hauck to buy for 26000+?

https://www.mediaite.com/sports/college-football-coach-pays-14448-for-fans-to-get-loaded-on-coors-light-after-desperate-plea-on-local-radio-show/

cclarkblues said:
Proud Griz Man said:

So Barnum buys a 12 pack and you want Hauck to buy for 26000+?
no, not a 12-pack. $14 thousand beer tab. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bobby Hauck is the FCS version of Nick Saban. Coaches of extremely successful programs who are often standoff-ish towards the media, but behind the scenes are highly loved by everyone who truly knows them.

I'll take a Bobby Hauck/Nick Saban for a head coach over the Jeff Choates of the world.

Proud Griz Man said:

CDAGRIZ said:

so bobby can't distinguish a joke question, perhaps meant to lighten things up?

:roll: :roll: :roll: it is an example of the local media getting far FAR off topic, and please Arghie don't try to make your weak effort to justify a joke question, because it is a weekly meeting with the press and not a comedy show or celebrity roast.

argh! said:
Proud Griz Man said:

argh! said:
Proud Griz Man said:

Distinguishing it is one thing; determining its value is another.

kemajic said:
argh! said:

Here’s the problem, the first several questions ask information related directly to the game. The deeper it goes in the press conference, the focus of the questions change and it’s more about the interviewer just getting their name into the broadcast.

:shock: another reporter asked Hauck "I am going to coach my first football game with the kindergarten guys, do you have any advice?" Bobby says "have fun" (succinct- and honest) then the same reporter says something like "my son is on the team, can I get him to listen to my coaching?' Bobby says "have fun."

that exchange demonstrates Hauck's professionalism, but also clearly :roll: shows the local media is FAR off topic.

the problem is the Fans and local media want access to the UM football program, and the UM Athletic Dept schedules regular, weekly meetings and pushes Bobby to make himself accessible and he often brings two players ( note- more than MSU coach Sixx - who often brings no players). Then when the local media gets access to the UM football program, they waste the time talking about kindergarten kid football and Portland beer tabs.

griz98 said:
kemajic said:

Here’s the problem, the first several questions ask information related directly to the game. The deeper it goes in the press conference, the focus of the questions change and it’s more about the interviewer just getting their name into the broadcast.

Post-game press conference dialogue:
"Coach Hauck, do you think aliens exist?"
"I don't know, I'm here to talk about this game and the next one."
"So, you have no opinion on aliens?"
"No."

Article:
MISSOULA--Coach Bobby Hauck continued displaying his negative attitude toward the press by all but dismissing a reporter's question moments after the Griz emerged victorious against the #1 USC Trojans 22-20 in a hard-fought game that was played in Missoula for some reason. It was the biggest upset in college football history, by far. Anyway, Saturday's real story came when a reporter asked Hauck if he believes in aliens. Hauck, with an eyeroll, refused to answer the question, completely disrespecting a hard-working member of the media. Will Hauck finally learn from his mistakes and make an attempt to have a good relationship with the press? We shall see; time will tell.

Okay here's one; Coach you ran almost everything against South Dakota out of the shotgun but against PSU out of a pistol formation. What changed in what you saw to change that?

CDAGRIZ said:
"No."

Article:
MISSOULA--Coach Bobby Hauck continued displaying his negative attitude toward the press by all but dismissing a reporter's question moments after the Griz emerged victorious against the #1 USC Trojans 22-20 in a hard-fought game that was played in Missoula for some reason. It was the biggest upset in college football history, by far. Anyway, Saturday's real story came when a reporter asked Hauck if he believes in aliens. Hauck, with an eyeroll, refused to answer the question, completely disrespecting a hard-working member of the media. Will Hauck finally learn from his mistakes and make an attempt to have a good relationship with the press? We shall see; time will tell.

POTY

CDAGRIZ said:
"No."

Article:

I was thinking of asking Coach Hauck the alien question next time I attend a Wednesday Coach's Show at Finn. I mean the last one I attended in 2019 I asked him where his favorite fishing spots were in Montana and he responded with "Yes". I found that an acceptable answer. :lol:

get'em_griz said:
Bobby Hauck is the FCS version of Nick Saban. Coaches of extremely successful programs who are often standoff-ish towards the media, but behind the scenes are highly loved by everyone who truly knows them.

I'll take a Bobby Hauck/Nick Saban for a head coach over the Jeff Choates of the world.

:lol:

Back