• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Post Game Press Conference

Well, this is a revelation. We have a coach that has built one of the best football programs in the land and several of you aren’t happy with him because of his perceived relations with the press. Life must be really boring for you to express dissatisfaction with Bobby.

Spanky2 said:
Well, this is a revelation. We have a coach that has built one of the best football programs in the land and several of you aren’t happy with him because of his perceived relations with the press. Life must be really boring for you to express dissatisfaction with Bobby.
Especially knowing the competence of the Missoula press.

UncleP said:
mthoopsfan said:
Is anyone of note actually watching post-game pressers? I doubt those watching are UM's big ticket donors, or major influencers. Also, I don't think he comes off like a dick, just a bit disinterested at times. Where's your $500,000 per year coming from?

Just google it. The details of his four year contract are out there.

Why don’t you google it? You should support what you said. I’m guessing you can’t support it.

AllWeatherFan said:
It’s time for Haslam, and if not Haslam then Bodnar, to send a clear message to Hauck: Lighten up! Don’t take yourself so seriously, man! Have a little fun
You want the Prez to get involved with football press conferences? Why? What did BH say? I must have missed it. Did he “grin” again? Like that time he grinned at the student journalist.

How do you know BH’s not having fun? What if he’s the one having fun and it’s really you who has an issue?

As Stitt epitomized, the pride and tradition of UM football cannnot be entrusted to the timid or weak.

I think Coach Hauck isn’t doing his job if he isn’t pissing off pussies.

I'm a big Bobby fan, as is everybody on this board---as is pretty much the entire press corps. As I said in my initial post, I love what he's done with this program and with the quality of the kids he recruits. And since I was a student in the days when basketball was king at Montana, I appreciate the fact that he's back, he loves it here and he's likely not going anywhere, unlike any number of the successful Griz basketball coaches who've treated us as a stepping stone to greener pastures. Bobby not only oversees a great program, it's one that's likely to endure. And especially for somebody who now lives out of state, I appreciate that with Bobby the Sky is not the limit. No matter it's a league beneath the basketball program, this is a team with legitimate national aspirations.

I've had my say, let's leave it at that and get on with what promises to be a wonderful season for all us Griz fans.

mthoopsfan said:
UncleP said:
Just google it. The details of his four year contract are out there.

Why don’t you google it? You should support what you said. I’m guessing you can’t support it.

You’re right. I can’t support it. In truth what I did when I was curious what coaches salary is I rolled six dice. There was a 5 and 5 zeros. I thought wow that must be his potential salary. Now I’m not much of a probabilities guy so I’m not sure how all of his incentives worked their way through the dice but it happened. Honestly I didn’t even know dice had zeros but…whatever.

citay said:
I'm a big Bobby fan, as is everybody on this board---as is pretty much the entire press corps. As I said in my initial post, I love what he's done with this program and with the quality of the kids he recruits. And since I was a student in the days when basketball was king at Montana, I appreciate the fact that he's back, he loves it here and he's likely not going anywhere, unlike any number of the successful Griz basketball coaches who've treated us as a stepping stone to greener pastures. Bobby not only oversees a great program, it's one that's likely to endure. And especially for somebody who now lives out of state, I appreciate that with Bobby the Sky is not the limit. No matter it's a league beneath the basketball program, this is a team with legitimate national aspirations.

I've had my say, let's leave it at that and get on with what promises to be a wonderful season for all us Griz fans.
Good post

There's a simple solution...if you get all uptight about how Coach Hauck conducts himself at a press conference don't watch. I for one could give a crap! He's a great coach and we're lucky to have him and his staff.

Bobby’s a great coach. No question about it. I bet he can handle my helpful suggestions better than a lot of fans.

Lighten up, everybody!

Honestly, I would be willing to bet that a very small number of Griz fans actually watch any of the press conferences. I would be just as sure that very few prospective high school players/parents watch them either.

I watch the pressers only to listen to the opposing coaches explain how good the Griz are and why they got their asses kicked. It give me goosebumps. Thanks Bobby.

I think he understands some of the questions are ridiculous…what was your favorite song? how good are the Griz? Are they as good as UNDSu? How good are the Griz? Could they hang with undsu? Same questions different asks. I love watching him give succinct answers to dumb ass questions. Now, there are some excellent questions and you will see him do a better job in answering those. We know who asks good questions

Can anyone tell us what he said or did or didn’t say that triggered this? There has to be something or somethings. I truly don’t know.

kemajic said:
Especially knowing the competence of the Missoula press.

Agree with you about the Missoulian in general, but over the years they have has some pretty good sportswriters. It seems like it has been a bit lackluster the last several years, not sure if that is due to the economics of newspapers, having a sports editor (now executive editor) based out of Belgrade, or fall out from the Gwen years.

The Missoulian does have a new Griz football writer that just started and seems to be doing a nice job. Hopefully this will help the Missoulian get back to the days where you want to read it again to follow the Griz.

UncleP said:
mthoopsfan said:

You’re right. I can’t support it. In truth what I did when I was curious what coaches salary is I rolled six dice. There was a 5 and 5 zeros. I thought wow that must be his potential salary. Now I’m not much of a probabilities guy so I’m not sure how all of his incentives worked their way through the dice but it happened. Honestly I didn’t even know dice had zeros but…whatever.

$401,500. Pretty good.

"Hauck racked up $196,500 in incentives during the 2022 fiscal year, which included the 2021 football season.

The 2021 campaign was Hauck’s first full season under the contract he signed in February 2020, which has a base salary of $205,000."

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/montana-football-coach-bobby-hauck-earns-nearly-200k-in-bonuses-during-2021-campaign/article_346b4c7f-ae52-5f9a-930a-94d8b4e71bae.html#:~:text=The%20football%20assistants%20and%20strength,a%20base%20salary%20of%20%24205%2C000.

mthoopsfan said:
UncleP said:

$401,500. Pretty good.

"Hauck racked up $196,500 in incentives during the 2022 fiscal year, which included the 2021 football season.

The 2021 campaign was Hauck’s first full season under the contract he signed in February 2020, which has a base salary of $205,000."

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/montana-football-coach-bobby-hauck-earns-nearly-200k-in-bonuses-during-2021-campaign/article_346b4c7f-ae52-5f9a-930a-94d8b4e71bae.html#:~:text=The%20football%20assistants%20and%20strength,a%20base%20salary%20of%20%24205%2C000.

Wait….what?
You were able to take the 3 seconds and make 15 key strokes to glean that trove of information?
Impressive!

UncleP said:
mthoopsfan said:
$401,500. Pretty good.

Wait….what?
You were able to take the 3 seconds and make 15 key strokes to glean that trove of information?
Impressive!

Do you know where Boulder, Colorado is? His salary will be just a bit more there.

UncleP said:
mthoopsfan said:
$401,500. Pretty good.

Wait….what?
Impressive!

Actually, I looked for an hour, but couldn't find reference to his half million contract. I guess you lied to us.

mthoopsfan said:
UncleP said:
Wait….what?
Impressive!

Actually, I looked for an hour, but couldn't find reference to his half million contract. I guess you lied to us.

It took you an hour to find the details of his contact? Are you really that thick? Nah. You’re just funnin.

Back