• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Post Game: 3-1

jcu27 said:
And any QB that can throw a ball would damn near have the same stats if they had our WR corps. Akem is NFL worthy. Toure is up there not quite NFL status though. And then you got JLM, Sulser, and Robert's. Any of those WRs would start over anyone else in the Big Sigh. Also would probably be starters on a lot of FBS teams. They are what I like to call Stat padders. I do like Sneed but I dont think hes a god like most of you.

Not true. Sneed is more than half of the equation. He's the straw stirring the drink.

Sneed does not to reduce TO's. Better ball security on runs. Fewer interceptions. But in reality, if he had about 1 less fumble and 1 less pick this year, he would be just fine on those stats.

Last season, Sneed was virtually tied in conference for fewest picks per throw, but Maier was slightly better, among throwing qb's.

Sneed is near the top of FCS in completion percentage and passing yards per game. First in conference in completion percentage. Just under 70%. A few percentage points ahead of Maier.

Maier has 1 more pick and 1 less passing TD than Sneed this year. Maier has about 3 more passing yards per game.

PlayerRep said:
SoldierGriz said:
There are things to criticize for sure...Dalton Sneed is not among them. Period.

Agreed..

Definitely agree!! If we had a team full of Sneed's as good at every position as he is at quarterback, we might not get beat this year again!

1972 said:
PlayerRep said:
SoldierGriz said:
There are things to criticize for sure...Dalton Sneed is not among them. Period.

Agreed..

Definitely agree!! If we had a team full of Sneed's as good at every position as he is at quarterback, we might not get beat this year again!
jcu has been called out adequately for his idiotic never Sneeder narrative. A gang of one.

jcu27 said:
And any QB that can throw a ball would damn near have the same stats if they had our WR corps. Akem is NFL worthy. Toure is up there not quite NFL status though. And then you got JLM, Sulser, and Robert's. Any of those WRs would start over anyone else in the Big Sigh. Also would probably be starters on a lot of FBS teams. They are what I like to call Stat padders. I do like Sneed but I dont think hes a god like most of you.

I'm glad you like Sneed. But I don't remember most of EGriz calling him a god. Refresh my memory if that was posted somewhere. Godhood is reserved for Dave Dickinson on this board, I believe.
jcu27 said:
I'd take a Jordan Johnson over a Dalton Sneed any day of the week. If y'all want to name h I'll m the second coming.
The fact is that I liked JJ a lot, but that doesn't mean that I am at all focused on comparing the 2. We've got Sneed and so far this year (what is all that matters to me right now) he is 3-1 and we know where that loss came from. If he takes us to a win over the Scats and a conference championship and several playoff wins and to the Chipper then I might make room for him on Mt Olympus of Grizdom.

On a couple other subjects from the Monmouth game.

1 The goal line stand(improperly overturned or not) was impressive to me. If their QB did get the ball over it was by an inch or less. I believe there was also another 4th down run they stopped. Definitely showed me some DDLA especially against the run. Something we haven't seen in a while.

2. Our Special Teams is something special! No surprise from Bobby but this really matters. The opponent has the choice of kicking off long to Malik or punting to JLM and seeing the strong possibility of a momentum changing TD or long run. Or they can give up hope and continue to give us a short field as Monmouth did. This can be such an important part of the game, but it really can matter a lot. Bobby understands this and has it clicking. I love our Punt and Kickoff teams, both Offensively and Defensively.

Love Sneed. Love him. So don’t skewer me for this.
But am I the only one who gets the sense that he plays better on the road? No stats to back that up; just a hunch, and maybe I’m the one over-stressing at home

Well guess it's just me but I just felt like I've seen him turn the ball over a lot. Like I said before mostly fumbles. I wasn't trying to start world war III. Just feel like he hasn't had a game without a turnover even against weaker competitors. But I guess I was wrong. We will see how the year plays out.

jcu27 said:
Missoula223 said:
jcu27 said:
Just saying he has a knack for giving the ball to the other team. Was an issue last year too. Pretty sure he already has close to 7 ints this year.

You realize he's 111 for 160 completions this year right? With over 1200 yards and 8 touchdowns? And try 4 interceptions? Those numbers would suggest he has a knack for giving the ball to his receivers.

You're an idiot. Don't talk shit about players when you have no idea what you're talking about. Also try watching the games, and maybe you'll realize his play making is what makes our offense so successful.

I watch every single game buddy. I'm not talking shit. I'm pointing out hes turned the ball over quite a bit in his career here. And I'm not just talking about interceptions I'm talking about fumbles too. Hes a gamer and I do like how he plays. But causing a turnover or two is going to cost us some games. And it doesnt matter what his stats are other than in the W column. So far this year it's good but we have played some pretty bad teams. Last year we had 6 wins and I guarantee that stat is mainly because of turnovers. I like Sneed though don't get me wrong I just want to see a game where theres not a fumble or interception. I knew when I posted that the heat was going to come. But I can almost guarantee you that Sneed has had more fumbles than all the RBs put together.

What did Snead boof your old lady or something, Buddy?

Post game presser - Coach Hauck said pretty much the same thing " coughed it up", so the team is focused on cleaning things up.

PlayerRep said:
Sneed does not to reduce TO's. Better ball security on runs. Fewer interceptions. But in reality, if he had about 1 less fumble and 1 less pick this year, he would be just fine on those stats.

PlayerRep said:

Last season, Sneed was virtually tied in conference for fewest picks per throw, but Maier was slightly better, among throwing qb's.
Even great QBs get some picks when they throw a lot; Maier had three last week. Of Sneed's picks, I don't recall any pick 6's, some have been on deflections (it happens) and some have been on long passes that wound up being much like a punt. Those are not killers. His int performance has been a plus for UM; his fumbles have been a minus and will get a lot of work going forward. Overall, in 15 games, with below average protection, his TO rate is way down the list of issues Montana needs to correct.

Dutch Lane said:
jcu27 said:
Missoula223 said:
jcu27 said:
Just saying he has a knack for giving the ball to the other team. Was an issue last year too. Pretty sure he already has close to 7 ints this year.

You realize he's 111 for 160 completions this year right? With over 1200 yards and 8 touchdowns? And try 4 interceptions? Those numbers would suggest he has a knack for giving the ball to his receivers.

You're an idiot. Don't talk shit about players when you have no idea what you're talking about. Also try watching the games, and maybe you'll realize his play making is what makes our offense so successful.

I watch every single game buddy. I'm not talking shit. I'm pointing out hes turned the ball over quite a bit in his career here. And I'm not just talking about interceptions I'm talking about fumbles too. Hes a gamer and I do like how he plays. But causing a turnover or two is going to cost us some games. And it doesnt matter what his stats are other than in the W column. So far this year it's good but we have played some pretty bad teams. Last year we had 6 wins and I guarantee that stat is mainly because of turnovers. I like Sneed though don't get me wrong I just want to see a game where theres not a fumble or interception. I knew when I posted that the heat was going to come. But I can almost guarantee you that Sneed has had more fumbles than all the RBs put together.

What did Snead boof your old lady or something, Buddy?

I sure hope he didn't put my old lady in his butt. Maybe that explains all the fumbling. You're on to something buddy!

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:

Even great QBs get some picks when they throw a lot; Maier had three last week. Of Sneed's picks, I don't recall any pick 6's, some have been on deflections (it happens) and some have been on long passes that wound up being much like a punt. Those are not killers. His int performance has been a plus for UM; his fumbles have been a minus and will get a lot of work going forward. Overall, in 15 games, with below average protection, his TO rate is way down the list of issues Montana needs to correct.

Just to point out I think Sneed is a great QB but I just felt like there hasn't been a single game in which he didn't fumble or throw an int(theres probably plenty of games he hasn't) just feel like he hasn't had a super clean game. It's the only negative I can really say. Other than he has went for some receivers in double coverage when theres been a guy wide open. But that happens you don't always have time to scan the entire field. If he didn't fumble as much I believe he'd have a shot at the CFL but I think it's going to bite him in the butt. Just imagine though if he only threw a few more ints and 0 fumbles the rest of the year. We would win out for sure. But he takes a lot of hits and doesn't secure the ball the greatest. I mean you can only ask for so much though and this is FCS football. Hes almost as good as it gets. Other than a few other QBs we've had. And EWU seems to always get super talented QBs. At least we aren't in MSEwwws shoes.

Proud Griz Man said:
Post game presser - Coach Hauck said pretty much the same thing " coughed it up", so the team is focused on cleaning things up.

Oh shit Bobby better watch out for them pitch forks now!

PlayerRep said:

Picks will happen....but the fumble was a turnover you just can't make in that situation. Hopefully Bobby got the point across. Some turnovers are just great defense, that one was poor offensive play. Must live with the good defensive ones, but need to eliminate stupid ones to make a real run at being a playoff team.

Ursus1 said:
Picks will happen....but the fumble was a turnover you just can't make in that situation. Hopefully Bobby got the point across. Some turnovers are just great defense, that one was poor offensive play. Must live with the good defensive ones, but need to eliminate stupid ones to make a real run at being a playoff team.
Just for some perspective. According to NCAA stats, Griz players have lost 2 fumbles in four games. Not a great performance, but putting them in the top 40% of FCS. Kennesaw State fans have a better reason to bitch … their team has lost 5 fumbles in four games. And one team -- Lamar -- has lost 6 fumbles.

Back