• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Portland State Regular Season Predictions

Griz til I die

DONOR
Ready for the most brutal schedule you’ll ever see? This is about as difficult of an FCS schedule as I’ve ever seen in my life. Portland State may actually have a decent team this year, but you’d never be able to figure that out with how tough this is. Let’s dive in!

August 31 @ Washington State - L. The Cougs have fallen on hard times but they’ll have no problem in this one.

September 7 @ Weber State - L. So this is interesting. Weber and PSU were supposed to play each other in week 5 which is the regularly scheduled conference opener, but both teams agreed to move this game up to week 2 to accommodate non-conference opponents later in the season. I think this is a 50-50 game. PSU won their last trip to Ogden but I’ll say Weber pulls out a close one. PSU could desperately use a win here though.

September 14 vs. South Dakota - L. Good for PSU convincing the Coyotes to come to Portland. I assume it’s part of a home and home and they’ll go there next year. This will be a tough one though. USD is a pre-season top 5 team with a lot of talent returning. Coyotes win comfortably.

September 21 @ Boise State - L. This one’s gonna be ugly. Boise State is the consensus favorite to be the G5 representative in the CFP this year. If that’s the case, then this one will be over in the first half.

September 28 @ Chattanooga - L. Probably their longest road trip in quite some time. The Mocs were a playoff team last year, losing in the Second round to Furman. I expect them to have another playoff caliber team this year. If this game were in Portland I’d probably pick the Vikings to win, but I’ll take Chattanooga at home.

October 5 vs. UC Davis - L. Diving back into conference play and things won’t be easy for them. Davis should win easy.

October 12 @ Idaho State - L. I’m reluctant to pick PSU in this one cause they lost to ISU at home last year. Now it’s in Poky so logic would say ISU wins at home.

October 19 vs. Montana State - L. Things don’t get easier anytime soon. They take an L at home.

October 26 BYE. Boy are they gonna need it too.

November 2 @ Sacramento State - L. Ya, I just don’t see them winning this game.

November 9 vs. Idaho - L. Same thing here. We’re at the point in the season where the feelings are gonna be hitting hard. Counting down the days til the offseason.

November 16 @ Montana - L. Normally PSU would probably be pretty excited to play at Wa-Griz, but they’re gonna be demoralized coming into this one.

November 23 vs. Northern Colorado - W. This is the only game I truly feel good about them winning. It’s a shame that it’s the last game of the season because mentally they may just be checked out by the time they get to this one.

—————————

I’ve got Portland State going 1-11. I think at an absolute max, their ceiling is 3 wins, and if they get 3 I’ll genuinely be impressed. PSU has to rank #1 in strength of schedule. There’s no way anybody has a tougher schedule than this. Gods speed PSU. I wish them the best. That’s my prediction. Thoughts???

How the
September 14 vs. South Dakota - L. Good for PSU convincing the Coyotes to come to Portland. I assume it’s part of a home and home and they’ll go there next year. This will be a tough one though. USD is a pre-season top 5 team with a lot of talent returning. Coyotes win comfortably.
How they get anyone to come to Portland that's not required to by the BSC is beyond me...

This will be Lamb's second year at UNCo. They were improved last year, but their record didn't show it. I would expect that they will be improved again this year. I would say that their game with PSU is a 50/50.
I say 0-12 and they start talking change again.

This will be Lamb's second year at UNCo. They were improved last year, but their record didn't show it. I would expect that they will be improved again this year. I would say that their game with PSU is a 50/50.
I say 0-12 and they start talking change again.
What ? Oh, Portland State going FBS next year? That some kind of change, alright.

Someone really must have put a fur up Barney's ass to try a PR Stunt schedule like this....this is BRUTAL! I could see them getting a couple more wins, maybe Idaho or Davis but they will both have to fall flat on their faces to allow PSU to beat them. Sac is a possible win, but not likely with how much talent they have returning. Good luck PSU, it was nice knowing you.

Huh I thought PSU was a protected rival for EWU.

Not that I really care about them not being on the schedule. I guess the away games were nice since it was practically a home game for EWU, though it wasn't a high hurdle to clear.

Don't know about Barney's contract but watch this be a contract year for him and PSU goes undefeated 🤣

Huh I thought PSU was a protected rival for EWU.

Not that I really care about them not being on the schedule. I guess the away games were nice since it was practically a home game for EWU, though it wasn't a high hurdle to clear.

Don't know about Barney's contract but watch this be a contract year for him and PSU goes undefeated 🤣
Yeah, that's weird, as they are one of Eastern's protected rivals. Evidently those determinations are too stupid even for the bsc, which says a lot. #bsc

Back