• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

O’Connell a Top 3 Finalist for Buck

O'Connell is one of the best LB's to ever play at UM definitely cracked the top 10 all time with the season he is having this year

AZGrizFan said:
daGrizJ said:
And, I can't be one to say he doesn't deserve it. Dude's been a monster at every position he had to play.

They should create a “Swiss Army Knife” award and give it to Anderson. :lol:

LOLLOLLOL. I will say, despite that disgusting, vomit inducing jersey he wears, very smart and high caliber football player. One of the greats in the BSC. I for one, will sleep more soundly never having to play against him ever again.

AZGrizFan said:
SACCAT66 said:
Believe that Marriani and Colt Anderson were both Walk-ons as well...

Yes, but O’Connell wasn’t even offered to do that, as far as I remember.

You seem to be correct... My overall point was that there have been some really great players (some of the best) that were not high end recruits... I always look back at that when everyone is going nuts on signing day.

SACCAT66 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Yes, but O’Connell wasn’t even offered to do that, as far as I remember.

You seem to be correct... My overall point was that there have been some really great players (some of the best) that were not high end recruits... I always look back at that when everyone is going nuts on signing day.

Understood…but at least Mariani and Anderson were offered to walk on. Stitt didn’t even do that. O’Connell had to wait him out, and contact Hauck when he came back. THEN had to walk on. :lol: :lol:

Back