• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Not your regular favorite griz ever thread..

Fat Bruno said:
Larry Miller … it’s hard for people used to good football to imagine how electrifying those Swarthout teams were after all the years of mediocrity. The effect they had was similar to the effect rock had when it first came in after all the pop pabulum of the day ... on a much smaller scale, of course. Miller, at 5’9” and around 250, was astonishing at bowling his way through the line and nailing a back. I don’t think they counted sacks in those days or he’d be near some kind of record.

image_handler.aspx

Outstanding selection FB. Two time heavy weight wrestling champion as well. Loved the 69-70 teams.'

Few times I found agreement with fats....Larry Miller was slick, fast and tough.

More recent was a sneaky reciever named Marvin Turk. Did not impress coach Read in practice but in a game he was lights out. Two speeds, fast and faster!

Watkins is a good one. Sticking with the Big Sky vibe, Brent Meyers, pound for pound one of the hardest hitters ever.

Levi Horn, one of the best O-Lineman to ever play at Montana!
Keith Thompson, hardest hitter pound for pound that has ever played at Montana!

Andy Thompson not the flashiest, not the quickest, not the hardest hitting LBer we've had at Montana but the kid always showed up and was always around the ball.

Mercedes Bourgeau.....cause there's nothing in the title about it having to be a football player.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Too young to have seen him play, but Paul Weskamp was my history teacher. Liked the Pauls a lot because Paul Connolly, griz halfback early sixties, once bought me a soda ... that's right, a soda ... I knew the proper name was pop, but wasn't going to argue since I was a kid and he was buying ... he looked about 5'9", maybe 160.

Aaron Wellkirk, Bobby J. Farnham, Elton Watkins, Howard "Howie the Howler" Atkins, Nelson Eddie Cantor ... that should wrap it up. Lock it.

Latest posts

Back