• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

No one knows where people are getting infected

i will watch this documentary about the ccp coverup of the virus when i can. sounds like everyone should, to get a better idea of how the ccp operates, and what it means to the world: https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/01/28/china-hbo-covid-film/

the w.h.o. charade continues... https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3119977/who-investigators-visit-wuhan-seafood-market-search-origins

argh! said:
i will watch this documentary about the ccp coverup of the virus when i can. sounds like everyone should, to get a better idea of how the ccp operates, and what it means to the world: https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/01/28/china-hbo-covid-film/

also, sorry to quote myself, but note that hbo, warner brothers et al have more cajones than the nba, and a number of others who make money in china.

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
To me, this were huge missed opportunities. Judged today, they were total screwups.

I'd put these 2 CDC problems, along with the CDC testing issue, in my Top 5 for screwups and missed opportunities. Masks would be in my Top 5. So would generally not pushing along manufacturing of PPE a bit faster, or much faster.

I would put Trump messaging in another category by itself. It wasn't good, but it's hard for me to rate that because I'm not sure who was really listening to him and taking action based on what he said. My view is that the Dems and the press used his messaging against him and kept shouting all the way, but I don't see how his messaging killed anyone in an elder care home. I suppose one could argue that his messaging to downplay the virus caused some elder care home employees not to be careful enough and they got covid and infected older people at work. However, I'm not so sure that elder care home workers tended to be people following Trump, and there were lots of elder care home precautions put in place fairly quickly.

Sending older covid patients back to elder care homes was a huge goof up, but I put it in a category by itself, and that was all over the various governors.

Vaccine development was a huge positive. Extra beds in places like NY were positive, even though probably not necessary. Same with more production of ventilators. Closing down travel from China early. Too bad travel from Europe and other places wasn't restricted sooner, but that was a tough one. The CDC screwups potentially could have gotten the US to closing down European travel earlier.

After Trump lost and now that Biden is in charge, has caused the media and Dems to calm down and keep pointing fingers at every opportunity.

yes, vaccine development was phenomenal. distribution of the vaccine, and prioritization of non 1a or 1b tier individuals by many institutions was unforgivable. i read some hospital in georgia was removed from the places receiving vaccine for six months, because they did something similar to what apparently happened in billings - giving the vaccine to administrators and other lower risk individuals. harvard and many other institutions, including the very high-profile scripps hospitals in socal, should also receive some sort of penalty, but they are too rich, powerful, and connected to the hhs. two of the nih institute directors i know, including one who's lab i was sort-of in as a postdoc (i conducted research at two institutes, it's a long story), are scripps guys. one got his girlfriend a huge lab, with basically blank-check funding, when he took the nih position.

sorry, the above is a long ramble, because the issue pisses me off, but the point i want to make is that it is private industry research and development companies, where one's findings have to be real and of value to somebody, that have made the best vaccines - pfizer and moderna. if only they could also be in charge of distribution... here's an interesting read, sort of, until plotkin starts 'humble bragging': https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/01/27/expert-covid-vaccine/?arc404=true

We are hearing about hospitals elsewhere allowing people to be vaccinated ahead of the most vulnerable, similar to the vaccination of 400 teachers at St. Vincent’s Healthcare in Billings. People such as large donors, hospital directors, teachers. This type of abuse is unacceptable as it can be a matter of life or death.

Who are these people deciding putting people ahead of those most at risk. Prison felons(murderers, rapists, child molesters, etc) have been put ahead, and now it was proposed to vaccinate terrorists held at Gitmo. WTF?!!! :roll:

Dr. Richard McCormick thinks Covid will be every year like the Flu. He was on Newsmax today.

Grain of salt.

the ccp sure is sensitive about the virus. even the wu tang clan's symbol hurts their feelings, because they seem to think it looks like a bat. never mind that it was created 30 years ago by a group that is a big fan of chinese kung fu movies. i wonder how you say "karen" in mandarin?

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy/article/3120549/row-over-wu-tang-clan-spoof-t-shirt-delivers-another-blow

argh! said:
the ccp sure is sensitive about the virus. even the wu tang clan's symbol hurts their feelings, because they seem to think it looks like a bat. never mind that it was created 30 years ago by a group that is a big fan of chinese kung fu movies. i wonder how you say "karen" in mandarin?

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy/article/3120549/row-over-wu-tang-clan-spoof-t-shirt-delivers-another-blow

卡倫
Kǎ lún

back to more important things - the w.h.o.'s investigation of the virus was obviously very thorough. i mean, they sent the best guy possible to lead it, inspector clouseau...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/coronavirus-who-china-investigation-wuhan/2021/02/09/2af3c44c-6a79-11eb-a66e-e27046e9e898_story.html

Impressive investigation by WHO. Visit Wuhan over a year after start of Covid. Do only what China allows. Ask top officials at lab whether lab leaked Covid. Don’t ask for any records of studies and projects of lab. Accept word of lab officials that they didn’t leak or work on the virus. Move on and announce that lab wasn’t the source. And Biden wants to start funding these jokers again without strong changes in leadership and new rules. Thx for continuing info and links, argh and others.

PlayerRep said:
And Biden wants to start funding these jokers again without strong changes in leadership and new rules.

Anyone who voted for that POS gets what he/she deserves. Unfortunately, so do the rest of us. It was common knowledge that the CCP had bought out the Bidens long ago. As I remember, you stated you'd be voting for Biden, right? Buyers remorse? :? I proudly voted for Trump. :thumb:

tourist said:
PlayerRep said:
And Biden wants to start funding these jokers again without strong changes in leadership and new rules.

Anyone who voted for that POS gets what he/she deserves. Unfortunately, so do the rest of us. It was common knowledge that the CCP had bought out the Bidens long ago. As I remember, you stated you'd be voting for Biden, right? Buyers remorse? :? I proudly voted for Trump. :thumb:

No buyer’s remorse at all. Wasn’t going to vote for Trump. Wasn’t going to not vote or vote for third party or write-in. Doesn’t mean I’m not going to criticize Biden.

tourist said:
PlayerRep said:

did you ever criticize trump? if you did, did you have buyer's remorse? if you didn't... oh, my!

"Lions, and tigers, and bears, oh my!" 'Wizard of Oz' came to mind. To answer your questtion, no, I never criticized Trump. I thought he wasted his first two years trying to play nice with the left when he should have eviscerated them.

argh! said:
tourist said:

did you ever criticize trump? if you did, did you have buyer's remorse? if you didn't... oh, my!

I criticized Trump frequently. Called him the worst human ever invented. A jerk, bully and mean. Liar. No understanding or respect for the Constitution or our democratic institutions. I voted for Hillary. Was fine with many of trump’s policies and accomplishments. I have criticized Hillary a lot.

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:

I criticized Trump frequently. Called him the worst human ever invented. A jerk, bully and mean. Liar. No understanding or respect for the Constitution or our democratic institutions. I voted for Hillary. Was fine with many of trump’s policies and accomplishments. I have criticized Hillary a lot.

And the new administration has an understanding and respect for the Constitution and our democratic institutions, oh please! Plus Biden is the pinnacle of integrity right?

Back