• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

No. 1 small city for young people

MikeyGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
How does that compare to a livable wage?

Minimum wage jobs should not pay a livable wage. They are more of a pathway to getting the necessary skills for a livable wage position. They are by definition an entry level position.

In theory, but that isn't necessarily the reality.

Its the fourth week of football season, so what is the relationship between Griz Football and the FCS and this topic??? :?:

Locker Room or Political BS is where this thread belongs.

HelenaHandBasket said:
MikeyGriz said:
Minimum wage jobs should not pay a livable wage. They are more of a pathway to getting the necessary skills for a livable wage position. They are by definition an entry level position.

In theory, but that isn't necessarily the reality.

Many entry-level positions in Billings are paying 17-18/hr.

CDAGRIZ said:
Man, Missoula must really clean most of this up literally every time I come to town.

Right? You would think that it's a horror wasteland. They must have kept it all under wraps when I was there last weekend for two days and didn't have a single issue with a vagrant or junkie. If anything it seemed a bit too glitzy than I remember, not dystopian.

BozAngelesGriz said:
armonte said:
When you have lefty loonies in power look forward to Portland, Seattle, San Francisco. for that manner just include blue states. Governor of Washington signed a law that teaching STEM courses are racist and not necessary any more.

Is our governor a leftist loony? Montana is pretty deep red at the moment, and the vagrant problem exists in all of our major towns. It might not be as visible as Missoula because of how concentrated everything is, but there are substantial homeless camps in Bozeman and Billings as well. Growing up in Bozeman until I left four years ago I never locked my car doors. Not once. Now when I visit I lock them if I go into the grocery store for ten minutes. Myself and family members have all had unlocked cars gone through in the last year, and some things stolen. In my opinion you could just as easily correlate this rise in crime to when Gianforte and his supermajority took over as to any other political figure. But these things don't always conveniently follow party lines.

The Missoula homeless problem is a Missoula problem. The MT problem has nothing to do with Gianforte. The MT homeless problem has increased with the improvement of the Cats.

https://matr.net/news/wall-street-journal-missoula-montana-faces-a-homelessness-problem-similar-to-san-francisco-and-l-a/

Wall Street Journal – Missoula, Montana Faces a Homelessness Problem Similar to San Francisco and L.A.
September 2, 2023 /

grizondarez said:
BozAngelesGriz said:
Crime and junkies have always been there. I remember people saying the same thing 20 years ago. And a little grunginess kinda keeps Missoula real in my opinion. Otherwise you get Bozeman or Whitefish; sterile Disneyland versions of what realtors are trying to sell as ‘Montana.’

Yes the junkies always been here but it is 20 times worse than 2003. I worked downtown back 2000-2003. It was great. Moved to Bozeman for work until 2018 and came back. It is nothing like it used to be. Most everyone i know has moved to the Bitteroot or to Frenchtown because of the tents, crime and the high taxes. The river trail is like the walking dead zombie show.

i run on the river trail like 3 times a week and have no idea what you are talking about. For about 2 or 3 weeks it was bad then they kicked everyone out the tents and its fine again. Go talk about Portland like evey other pearl clutching loser

armonte said:
When you have lefty loonies in power look forward to Portland, Seattle, San Francisco. for that manner just include blue states. Governor of Washington signed a law that teaching STEM courses are racist and not necessary any more.

grizondarez said:
Yes the junkies always been here but it is 20 times worse than 2003. I worked downtown back 2000-2003. It was great. Moved to Bozeman for work until 2018 and came back. It is nothing like it used to be. Most everyone i know has moved to the Bitteroot or to Frenchtown because of the tents, crime and the high taxes. The river trail is like the walking dead zombie show.

Yes it is for sure only the Lefty cities dealing with homelessness and drug use, for sure dude

MikeyGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
How does that compare to a livable wage?

Then who is working these, high school kids and the elderly?

griznative24 said:
grizondarez said:

i run on the river trail like 3 times a week and have no idea what you are talking about. For about 2 or 3 weeks it was bad then they kicked everyone out the tents and its fine again. Go talk about Portland like evey other pearl clutching loser

Thats because the city temporarily moved them from the trail and parks so the kids summer camps were able to function. You can attend city council meetings via zoom if you want to keep up on what is happening. Thanks

mthoopsfan said:
BozAngelesGriz said:
Is our governor a leftist loony? Montana is pretty deep red at the moment, and the vagrant problem exists in all of our major towns. It might not be as visible as Missoula because of how concentrated everything is, but there are substantial homeless camps in Bozeman and Billings as well. Growing up in Bozeman until I left four years ago I never locked my car doors. Not once. Now when I visit I lock them if I go into the grocery store for ten minutes. Myself and family members have all had unlocked cars gone through in the last year, and some things stolen. In my opinion you could just as easily correlate this rise in crime to when Gianforte and his supermajority took over as to any other political figure. But these things don't always conveniently follow party lines.

The MT homeless problem has increased with the improvement of the Cats.

This is the real issue no one is talking about

retiredpopo said:
apple news? I am not clicking on that they will start sending me liberal crap news bits all day long...

Lol...that's what I'd worry about in todays world...SMH

grizondarez said:
griznative24 said:

Thats because the city temporarily moved them from the trail and parks so the kids summer camps were able to function. You can attend city council meetings via zoom if you want to keep up on what is happening. Thanks

And you can feel free to leave your couch and go see for yourself. Since I was a kid there has always been tents and weird sh!t that was down on the Kim Williams, even in the late 90s. It hasn't changed much, dude, except that Missoula has grown by a lot since then.

armonte said:

grizondarez said:
'Governor of Washington signed a law that teaching STEM courses are racist and not necessary any more."

That is completely made up.

griznative24 said:
grizondarez said:

And you can feel free to leave your couch and go see for yourself. Since I was a kid there has always been tents and weird poop that was down on the Kim Williams, even in the late 90s. It hasn't changed much, dude, except that Missoula has grown by a lot since then.

The mayor declared a State of Emergency on June 9th over this issue. Not on the couch. I am outside working all over town seeing it 1st hand.

UncleRico said:
armonte said:
'Governor of Washington signed a law that teaching STEM courses are racist and not necessary any more."

That is completely made up.

I am constantly amazed people not only believe shit like this, but then actually repeat it.

EverettGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Man, Missoula must really clean most of this up literally every time I come to town.

Ha! I had precisely the same thought, CDA.

It's a weird phenomenon.

When I stay in a hotel, I usually get up early and walk around wherever I'm staying. 6am-ish until businesses open, as most people know, is like the witching hour for homeless people. I walked most of downtown during that time and only saw two or three homeless people. I want to thank the amazing City of Missoula for rolling out the red carpet for visitors like us by cleaning up the streets before we arrive. Oh, and when I saw them, I did the amazing: I walked by and ignored them without incident.

Back