• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

No. 1 small city for young people

mthoopsfan said:
uptopgriz said:
Why is this thread here? It has noting to do with Griz football.

The desirability of Missoula for young people and players has alot to do with Griz football.

You have nothing to do with Griz football.

Why does MSU have 7,000 more students then?

uptopgriz said:
Why is this thread here? It has noting to do with Griz football.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Like hoops said, neither do you. 8-

Besides, I asked the same question on page 2.

BozAngelesGriz said:
grizondarez said:
Missoula is great for nightlife/restaurants/shows/and outdoors but the high taxes for pet projects, the crime and the junkies have me ready to bail. We need good jobs here.

Crime and junkies have always been there. I remember people saying the same thing 20 years ago. And a little grunginess kinda keeps Missoula real in my opinion. Otherwise you get Bozeman or Whitefish; sterile Disneyland versions of what realtors are trying to sell as ‘Montana.’

Bozeman is a bunch of hipsters, trannys, drunks, and homeless ppl

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Local politics aren’t to blame. There was a regional court decision that’s currently in appeal that is responsible for the cities inability to remove tent cities. Basically the law states that unless there are enough homeless shelter beds for each and every homes person you cannot legally forcibly move a single person from those tent cities. It’s the same rule in right wing Montana towns as left wing towns

Guess it's time to issue lots of 'A-Tags' and 'B-Tags.'
The courts, starting with Earl Warren, have F'd up this country. Time to re-awaken the Vigilante spirit of Montana. Henry Plummer's last words were, "Give me a good drop, boys." :eek:

Griz Addict said:
BozAngelesGriz said:
Crime and junkies have always been there. I remember people saying the same thing 20 years ago. And a little grunginess kinda keeps Missoula real in my opinion. Otherwise you get Bozeman or Whitefish; sterile Disneyland versions of what realtors are trying to sell as ‘Montana.’

Bozeman is a bunch of hipsters, trannys, drunks, and homeless ppl

But at least the drunks are gainfully employed. As assistant coaches for the bubs, where annual raises are expected (and bonuses are paid for each time you're able to elude local law enforcement).

I’ll start by asking — what does this have to do with Griz or FCS football?

Second, I’ll share a harsh reality — Missoula does not have the resources to solve homelessness. And if we copy what San Franciso or Seattle have tried, Missoula will be destroyed faster than those major cities because we don’t have the same resources.

That’s why so many people from blue cities and states are moving to red states like Montana. Ironically, that's a huge reason why the cost of housing in Missoula is increasing. The good liberal Democrats of Missoula never bother to connect those dots.

Regarding the homelessness crisis in Missoula, the bureaucrats tasked with “solving” homelessness are not incentivized to solve anything. The worse the problem gets, the bigger their budgets get, the bigger their departments become, the more poltical power they gain, etc.

And that’s ultimately what this is all about — poilitical power. “Vote for me if you care about solving homelessness!”

They have no business jacking up taxes even further to buy old hotels or expand the Poverello Center. If they were smart, if they really cared about helping the addicts, they’d stop enabling them.

Sounds harsh, but have you noticed all the pot shops springing up around the Pov? Right next to the liquor store? THAT is where the money to solve holemlesness is ultimately going. Our local governent is feeding the addictions that are causing the homelessness. The underlying issues that led to addiction are never addressed.

The addicts get their checks, then they get drunk and high and commit crimes, inevitably leading to police, fire, and ambulances responding to clean up their mess.

Bottom line, Missoula will never have the resources to solve homelessness. And it’s outright theft to jackup our county and city property taxes and redistribute our hard earned money to the drug addicts and criminals, and cover the cost of their drain on our public services.

Back