• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Nice Weather Saturday-Another Record Crowd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grizbeer said:
grizfromhel said:
I'm watching on tv today and surprised by the number of empty seats that show up on the crowd scans, particularly on the second level east side. Will be interesting to see what the "official" attendance figure is.
Those seats are eligible for the club. Seats are not filled but people are in the glass club area watching the game and having some drinks. Other than the UCD fan seats this was probably the most full the seats have been all year

The last record was this year against South Dakota 26,303.

Big G said:
Pure poppycock, plain and simple
Goddamn that was funny. I know you are supposed to type lol but surely that was beyond a simple lol. I truly did laugh out loud. Sir, I salute your comedic value.

Big G said:
go96griz said:
I believe they announced 25,667 or 25,566 or something similar. Regardless, it was not a record crowd. Should be some bet winners on here.

I would bet the loud mouth won't pay up and walsh on the bet he made. 25k is funny, not even close. Use your eyes people and see all the empty seats on tv.

I was there and if you look at the beginning of the game and after half, there were a lot of empty seats. People were late getting to the game. Noon start I would guess. By the middle of the first quarter, it was full. Even the upper level of the majestic plaza. The upper level had more people in the seats than south dakota game. If you were not there, it is really not fair to judge by the TV. It was like a dodgers game. People didn't show up till the 3rd inning.

Wonder where the Ivy League, I played the game, loaded with character, PLAYERREP is to make his debits rights, $200.00 if I'm correct...

One thing I noticed was the lack of people holding up tickets for sale. I seemed like they were all holding up fingers wanting to buy tickets. I had three extra for the game and sold all within a minute or so of hitting the tailgate area.

Does anyone know if they count attendance by the tickets scanned upon entry, or by the total tickets sold including season tickets?

spsyk said:
Wonder where the Ivy League, I played the game, loaded with character, PLAYERREP is to make his debits rights, $200.00 if I'm correct...

Low moral people do not pay up, nobody will see any money he lost he will not be a man and pay up.

Big G said:
get'em_griz said:
I don't know, but it seems like just about every game that I go to, it looks like the stadium is packed with 25,000+. Maybe I need to get my eyes checked because apparently a lot of posters would say that there's no way. :roll:

Here is a tip that might help you, the empty spots all over the stadium that do not have people in them are fans that may have bought tickets but did not show up for the game. Lots of open space when looking at it in the stadium and on TV. The numbers are fudged to keep interest where it is waning.

Waning? 25,000+ every home game....FCS attendance leader-BY A LONG SHOT--every year...yep...it's waning alright. Next thing you know we'll be seeing attendance figures like UNC.

AZGrizFan said:
Big G said:
get'em_griz said:
I don't know, but it seems like just about every game that I go to, it looks like the stadium is packed with 25,000+. Maybe I need to get my eyes checked because apparently a lot of posters would say that there's no way. :roll:

Here is a tip that might help you, the empty spots all over the stadium that do not have people in them are fans that may have bought tickets but did not show up for the game. Lots of open space when looking at it in the stadium and on TV. The numbers are fudged to keep interest where it is waning.

Waning? 25,000+ every home game....FCS attendance leader-BY A LONG SHOT--every year...yep...it's waning alright. Next thing you know we'll be seeing attendance figures like UNC.
No kidding. At that includes games against heavy hitters like CWU and USD. The ship most definitely be sinkin'. :coffee:

spsyk said:

I'm right here, in Kansas City, gearing up for World Series game 1.

First, I never felt that we were able to come to agreement on a bet. Every time I tried to establish the bet, you answered in an odd matter. It occurred to me that you were trying to set me up by claiming that the crowd for the Stones or McCartney or some other event was the largest event in Griz stadium. You wouldn't say yes, that's the bet, and you wouldn't tie your bet to football attendance, in responding to my posts. See some of your comments.

"$200.00 if I'm correct". [What's with the "if I'm correct" stuff? You don't know what you wanted to bet.]

"The bet is that, at tomorrows game, a new recorded will be set for attendance, that means asses in the seats not tickets sold. That means it will be announced that this is a new record for attendance in WA-Griz." [Why to mention of attendance for a football game? I wanted to verify that the bet was on football attendance, not attendance in Wash Griz stadium.]

"It has to be the largest attendence every in Wa Griz stadium." [Again, no mention of a football game. I wanted to clarify it was attendance at a football game.]

I made this statement back to you: "For a Griz football game, as announced officially by UM." You didn't say yes, or yes we're talking football attendance. You said only this: "It has to be the largest attendence every in Wa Griz stadium."

I finally gave up and quit looking, because I couldn't get a straight answer out of you.

Nevertheless, if you are willing to honestly say that you intended to bet $200 (and that you would have honored the bet had you lost) on whether a football attendance record in the stadium would be broken or not on Saturday, then, despite my not believing that we had reached agreement on a bet, I would be willing to consider paying you anyway. We will have to meet in person, at a mutually agreeable time and at a place that I'll select (I'm taking you up on your offer: "Where to meet after the game?" It's now after the game, and I'll let you know where to meet up.). I want to meet you, and only you, in person. I will need to know your name and have some other method of knowing that it is in fact you. I have some ideas on how to verify that. Also, we can have someone like Titleist help set this up. I know and trust Titleist. In fact, he can come if he wants. I will contact him to discuss how he can help set this up. In the meantime, you can also contact Titleist and discuss with him how you can or will verify who you are, and how you will verify that to me. If Titleist knows you, then I'm fine with getting the information from him. It will be worth it to pay to find out who you are and get to size you up. I see that you live in Missoula, so it shouldn't be hard to meet up. If you try to send someone else in your place, that there will be no payment.

Let us know if you are willing to honestly verify the things that I asked for in the first paragraph of the paragraph above this one.

grizatwork said:
Big G said:
go96griz said:
I believe they announced 25,667 or 25,566 or something similar. Regardless, it was not a record crowd. Should be some bet winners on here.

I would bet the loud mouth won't pay up and walsh on the bet he made. 25k is funny, not even close. Use your eyes people and see all the empty seats on tv.

I was there and if you look at the beginning of the game and after half, there were a lot of empty seats. People were late getting to the game. Noon start I would guess. By the middle of the first quarter, it was full. Even the upper level of the majestic plaza. The upper level had more people in the seats than south dakota game. If you were not there, it is really not fair to judge by the TV. It was like a dodgers game. People didn't show up till the 3rd inning.

I agree that people were late to the game. I am a North End Zone Crazy, and the seats directly to my left, and the seats directly to my right, and the seats directly in front of me were empty until 9 minutes remaining in the 2nd qtr. (3 different groups of people)

What a great game, what a great day weather-wise! (A sun-kissed WA GRIZ stadium in mid-Oct). A great day for a Griz victory. Just what a great day overall.

I loved the heart the kids and coaches competed with. And I loved how the team and fans came together to raise Cancer Awareness.

I thought the Griz helmets were pretty sweet, with the Pink GRIZ lettering and the pink facemasks. Both of those symbols kept me thinking about Cancer, and the need to find a cure.

Not many fans know this, but head football coach Mick Delaney lost his first wife to Cancer in the early 80's. She was a great lady. I'm sure he had a heavy heart during this game. Job well done, Mick!!! Patsy is so proud of you.

PlayerRep said:
spsyk said:

First, I never felt that we were able to come to agreement on a bet. Every time I tried to establish the bet, you answered in an odd matter. It occurred to me that you were trying to set me up by claiming that the crowd for the Stones or McCartney or some other event was the largest event in Griz stadium. You wouldn't say yes, that's the bet, and you wouldn't tie your bet to football attendance, in responding to my posts. See some of your comments.

"$200.00 if I'm correct". [What's with the "if I'm correct" stuff? You don't know what you wanted to bet.]

"The bet is that, at tomorrows game, a new recorded will be set for attendance, that means asses in the seats not tickets sold. That means it will be announced that this is a new record for attendance in WA-Griz." [Why to mention of attendance for a football game? I wanted to verify that the bet was on football attendance, not attendance in Wash Griz stadium.]

"It has to be the largest attendence every in Wa Griz stadium." [Again, no mention of a football game. I wanted to clarify it was attendance at a football game.]

I made this statement back to you: "For a Griz football game, as announced officially by UM." You didn't say yes, or yes we're talking football attendance. You said only this: "It has to be the largest attendence every in Wa Griz stadium."

I finally gave up and quit looking, because I couldn't get a straight answer out of you.

Nevertheless, if you are willing to honestly say that you intended to bet $200 (and that you would have honored the bet had you lost) on whether a football attendance record in the stadium would be broken or not on Saturday, then, despite my not believing that we had reached agreement on a bet, I would be willing to consider paying you anyway. We will have to meet in person, at a mutually agreeable time and at a place that I'll select (I'm taking you up on your offer: "Where to meet after the game?" It's now after the game, and I'll let you know where to meet up.). I want to meet you, and only you, in person. I will need to know your name and have some other method of knowing that it is in fact you. I have some ideas on how to verify that. Also, we can have someone like Titleist help set this up. I know and trust Titleist. In fact, he can come if he wants. I will contact him to discuss how he can help set this up. In the meantime, you can also contact Titleist and discuss with him how you can or will verify who you are, and how you will verify that to me. If Titleist knows you, then I'm fine with getting the information from him. It will be worth it to pay to find out who you are and get to size you up. I see that you live in Missoula, so it shouldn't be hard to meet up. If you try to send someone else in your place, that there will be no payment.

Let us know if you are willing to honestly verify the things that I asked for in the first paragraph of the paragraph above this one.

Egriz. One big miserable dysfunctional family. If you don't settle this now I'm telling mom. :argue:

So that makes Titleist, a PlayerRep-Rep? Would that in anyway be a conflict of interest which violates egriz's high standard of unbiased moderators? (smile) Is Titleist getting paid for his time? What is the going rate of a PlayerRep-Rep? Can I be spsykrep? Can this be done by PlayerRep-Rep and myself doing a briefcase drop and switch in the alley by the Red Bird entrance?

Lord Disick

If egrizz decided to charge a voyeur fee, I think I would actually pay it. Words cannot express how much fun it is to be a part of something so utterly and completely eff'ed up.

ABQCat said:
If egrizz decided to charge a voyeur fee, I think I would actually pay it. Words cannot express how much fun it is to be a part of something so utterly and completely eff'ed up.

this! :lol:

PlayerRep said:
spsyk said:

Well, Jack, it's what I expected, and you are full of shit, I suspect that you can't afford to pay yours debits, and that is OK, however don't fret, I dont need the money, and I will get $ 2000 worth of ridicule on this forum on the guy that attended Dathmouth, played the game,and renege on bets that he made.

Perhaps you should read the thread again, it's apparant that the wager was accepted, after all I wanted to know where to meet after the game, to square up, no matter who won.

Your education at an Ivy League, paid off, for gettin out of paying lost wagers, although you didn't learn much about character.

Jack if you need a couple of bucks let me know.

spsyk said:
PlayerRep said:
spsyk said:

Well, Jack, it's what I expected, and you are full of shit, I suspect that you can't afford to pay yours debits, and that is OK, however don't fret, I dont need the money, and I will get $ 2000 worth of ridicule on this forum on the guy that attended Dathmouth, played the game,and renege on bets that he made.

Perhaps you should read the thread again, it's apparant that the wager was accepted, after all I wanted to know where to meet after the game, to square up, no matter who won.

Your education at an Ivy League, paid off, for gettin out of paying lost wagers, although you didn't learn much about character.

Jack if you need a couple of bucks let me know.

So you don't have the balls to come pick up the money, huh? Interesting. The ridicule will be of you not having any balls. Note that it is after the game now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back