• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Next Up: NoColo ... Now NAU

Status
Not open for further replies.
oldrunner said:
What was up with the Carolina blue unis?

Part of Nike N7 - other schools across the country participate as well. Hit the link for an article about it:
https://www.montanasports.com/sports/big-sky-conference/montana-grizzlies/designer-of-montana-grizzlies-alternative-native-logo-proud-of-monumental-showcase-of-heritage

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
oldrunner said:
What was up with the Carolina blue unis?

Part of Nike N7 - other schools across the country participate as well. Hit the link for an article about it:
https://www.montanasports.com/sports/big-sky-conference/montana-grizzlies/designer-of-montana-grizzlies-alternative-native-logo-proud-of-monumental-showcase-of-heritage
Nike flexing their muscles and making all their minions wear NC blue. That's hilarious. :lol:

oldrunner said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Nike flexing their muscles and making all their minions wear NC blue. That's hilarious. :lol:

Turquoise is an important color in native culture. It has nothing to do with North Carolina.

Old runner,you seem like good guy and a good poster. These comments seem a bit insensitive and bigoted however.

info said:
Old runner,you seem like good guy and a good poster. These comments seem a bit insensitive and bigoted however.

…heard he was good before…
…seems to have an agenda…
…speaks with forked tongue…

… :shock: …

I join with most Montanans and UM students/alum in celebrating the Montana N7 Alliance... for many reasons.
I'm linking Kyle Hansen's KPAX coverage piece because it gives a glimpse of the pre-game recognition to Montana's native tribes. Also important was that a respectful inclusion of native tribes from Arizona was specifically included in the ceremony.
https://www.montanasports.com/sports/big-sky-conference/montana-grizzlies/aanen-moody-keeps-hot-streak-going-as-montana-grizzlies-hold-off-northern-arizona

... and this coverage from SWX on the N7 recognition last week during the Montana WBB pre-game ceremonies:
https://www.montanarightnow.com/sports/montana-grizzlies/n7-celebrations-kick-off-at-university-of-montana/article_23dddf50-9ed2-11ed-9ad4-d39af12d78c7.html

info said:
Old runner, you seem like good guy and a good poster. These comments seem a bit insensitive and bigoted however.
Cut him some slack ... some are between "a rock and a hard place" on this.The N7 program is certainly a worthy cause ... and highly appropriate for Montana. I am pleased that the Griz took part.

However, some have, shall we say, considerable skepticism about the "purity" of Nike's motives here. Remember, this is a company that has been proven to have long employed "sweatshops" in low-wage overseas production facilities. Despite considerable scrutiny of some notorious areas, it is not clear that they have not found new places to keep their costs as low as possible. Yes, locals are happy to work at sweatshop wages because they are at least better than the normal economy provides. But that is still exploitation.

oldrunner said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Turquoise is NOT North Carolina baby blue. Piss off wanker. I did the work for you and you didn’t even bother seeing what it was about. Take a long walk off a short dock.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
oldrunner said:
Turquoise is NOT North Carolina baby blue. Piss off wanker. I did the work for you and you didn’t even bother seeing what it was about. Take a long walk off a short dock.
I apologize. I had no intention of hurting anyone's feelings. It sounds like a great cause and sentiment to honor our Native American Tribes. It just hit me on the funny bone seeing the Griz in what appeared to me to be Tarheal blue. I'll buy turquoise if that it what it was meant to be. On TV it looked baby blue. Colors often come across different on TV.

oldrunner said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
I apologize. I had no intention of hurting anyone's feelings. It sounds like a great cause and sentiment to honor our Native American Tribes. It just hit me on the funny bone seeing the Griz in what appeared to me to be Tarheal blue. I'll buy turquoise if that it what it was meant to be. On TV it looked baby blue. Colors often come across different on TV.
All is forgiven. I looked in late and being far from Missoula, I saw a team in blue that finally looked like a team the Griz could beat and get a home win over a bottom feeder. What a surprise.

oldrunner said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:

Fair. Thanks.

This Native American doesn't forgive Oldrunner. This is just another example of the person he is. I think he's a jerk.

N7 is run by a member of my tribe, Fort Peck. "Sam McCracken, a citizen of the Sioux and Assiniboine Tribes, was working at a Nike distribution center when he submitted a proposal in 1997 to reach out to Indigenous communities. The proposal grew into the Nike Air Native N7 shoe and retail line, and he is now general manager and founder of Nike's N7 division. Apr 27, 2022."

https://ictnews.org/news/the-wrap-the-man-behind-nike-native-n7#:~:text=through%20physical%20activity.-,Sam%20McCracken%2C%20a%20citizen%20of%20the%20Sioux%20and%20Assiniboine%20Tribes,founder%20of%20Nike's%20N7%20division.

Our lake neighbor, Erik Sprunk, tried to get us introduced last fall when Sam was to visit him, but it didn't happen.

mthoopsfan said:
This Native American doesn't forgive Oldrunner. This is just another example of the person he is. I think he's a jerk.

N7 is run by a member of my tribe, Fort Peck. "Sam McCracken, a citizen of the Sioux and Assiniboine Tribes, was working at a Nike distribution center when he submitted a proposal in 1997 to reach out to Indigenous communities. The proposal grew into the Nike Air Native N7 shoe and retail line, and he is now general manager and founder of Nike's N7 division. Apr 27, 2022."

https://ictnews.org/news/the-wrap-the-man-behind-nike-native-n7#:~:text=through%20physical%20activity.-,Sam%20McCracken%2C%20a%20citizen%20of%20the%20Sioux%20and%20Assiniboine%20Tribes,founder%20of%20Nike's%20N7%20division.

Our lake neighbor, Erik Sprunk, tried to get us introduced last fall when Sam was to visit him, but it didn't happen.

Literally nobody gives two sh!ts who your neighbor at the lake is.

Why do you continually drop names to strangers on the internet who don't care?

Oldrunner is one of the classiest & most consistent non-Griz contributors to eGriz and the feGriz football forum. Even moreso because -- when he makes a mistake -- he has the ability to admit error and apologize. That's far more than some tunneled-vision members of this forum can muster.

gotgame75 said:
mthoopsfan said:

Literally nobody gives two sh!ts who your neighbor at the lake is.

Why do you continually drop names to strangers on the internet who don't care?

When you live in your Mom's basement. what else do you have going for you?

GrizLA said:
oldrunner said:
All is forgiven. I looked in late and being far from Missoula, I saw a team in blue that finally looked like a team the Griz could beat and get a home win over a bottom feeder. What a surprise.
😂 LMAO❗

Pretty sure Oldrunner didn’t come over here to stir up crap. I for one knew of the event, but my tv also showed baby blue. Either way, we are 1-0 in them.

grizzlyjournal said:
Oldrunner is one of the classiest & most consistent non-Griz contributors to eGriz and the feGriz football forum. Even moreso because -- when he makes a mistake -- he has the ability to admit error and apologize. That's far more than some tunneled-vision members of this forum can muster.

I concur. Oldrunner has provided many a great conversation regarding Weber State, NAU and Big Sky conference hoops with me in the past. I enjoy his insight, have always found him to be approachable and appreciate his ability to view the game in an objective manner.

-MTJack

grizzlyjournal said:

Here's Info's view: "These comments seem a bit insensitive and bigoted however."

I think oldjunner is bigoted too. Sorry, but apologizing for bigoted comments is not good enough. He needs to know enough to not make bigoted comments. Journal, you are a white guy. Maybe you should go to sensitivity training too. You are out of touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back