• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Next Up: NoColo ... Now NAU

Status
Not open for further replies.
ordigger said:
We have the most annoying announcer in the Big Sky. Someone needs to sit him down, and tell him to quit repeating the same topic over and over and over. How many times has he said the Bears have not been swept in 5 years? At least 15-16 so far.

I like think the guy has a great personality and gives an excitement to what is usually, on screens, anyway, a very dull crowd. If you can do better, go for it.

ordigger said:
We have the most annoying announcer in the Big Sky. Someone needs to sit him down, and tell him to quit repeating the same topic over and over and over. How many times has he said the Bears have not been swept in 5 years? At least 15-16 so far.

He thinks we're really dumb! 🙃

And that every minute of every game must be announced as the last seconds of NBA or Stanley Cup Finals, Game 7 of World Series, Olympic 100 meter finals and 18th at Augusta all rolled into one!

zengriz said:
…just win baby…

:cool:
And they did.

But the way they did (barely) does not inspire confidence. Meanwhile, NAU hung with MSU until the very end. Unless the Griz play a whole lot better on Saturday, I am not hopeful.

This team is maddening to watch. They refuse to put anybody away and literally don’t know how to step on any throats. Bannon and Moody had huge missed free throws down the stretch….again. And Moody who literally couldn’t miss for while missed his last four or five and some wide open. I’m glad they got the win but man they struggle.

Great ball movement tonight. More back door cuts than I’ve seen in a LOOONG time. Another awful showing by the students. Great win

HookedonGriz said:
This team is maddening to watch. They refuse to put anybody away and literally don’t know how to step on any throats. Bannon and Moody had huge missed free throws down the stretch….again. And Moody who literally couldn’t miss for while missed his last four or five and some wide open. I’m glad they got the win but man they struggle.

A nine point lead with 5 minutes to go. 4 points with 4 minutes left. 3 points with 2 minutes left. A 1 point lead with 45 seconds to go. Griz outscored 11-3 in that stretch. Just horrific to watch them struggle to close out games.

If this Griz team were any good they’d have put this team away by 15-20. I literally have zero expectations at this point in the season.

I get that it is death, taxes and inability to close out games.

Again it isn't as if they aren't getting quality shots late, they just aren't going in. Moody had one or two, Bannan a couple, meanwhile NC gets a couple low percentage outcome shots to go and suddenly it is a 1 possession game for the last three minutes.

What it comes down to in part, we just don't have a player that can get every shot he wants when he wants it. Moody is a great off ball player, when we run him through screens, he is about as close to a sure thing as we have. In that last 4 minutes we had Martin, Whitney and Nap/Oke/Vasquez on the floor and it appeared despite have space to shoot they just didn't want to shoot it. Nap passed up a couple late (which is expected), but no one else seemed to want to shoot the ball unless it was a 1 second left on the shot clock heave.

There was a ton of movement to get players clear but last night it was the Bannan/Moody show late. Both were assertive, but it didn't take a genius to figure out where the shot was going to come from. Without Thomas on the floor, just makes for slim pickings after those two that feels confident enough to release the basketball.

I know Thomas picked up some fouls, but what did he do to sit almost the whole half? Dog house for some reason?

Let’s give Northern Colorado a little credit. They played hard right to the final whistle. That have some quality players, including Kountz and Knecht. They did not want to lose the game, and they tried really hard to upset the Griz. I know we’d all like to see blowouts every night in our home gym, but I will take the win and move on to NAU.

GrizLA said:
ordigger said:

I like think the guy has a great personality and gives an excitement to what is usually, on screens, anyway, a very dull crowd. If you can do better, go for it.

He also likes to whisper to emphasize a point. Totally obnoxious. I used to do radio long ago. He is far better with a 2nd person next to him.

HookedonGriz said:
I know Thomas picked up some fouls, but what did he do to sit almost the whole half? Dog house for some reason?

He couldn't score. he couldn't rebound, he couldn't defend. He did not show up to play. He did nothing to disserve to play more than he did. Very disappointing after his great game against PSU.

IdaGriz01 said:
But the way they did (barely) does not inspire confidence. Meanwhile, NAU hung with MSU until the very end. Unless the Griz play a whole lot better on Saturday, I am not hopeful.
I figured ... Why start a new thread?

This one worries me a lot. The Lumberjacks could really be pumped after the way they came within less than a minute of upsetting the kitties on the cat's home court. And the Griz are ... well, the Griz. ("They are what they are.") A couple of late breaks go the other way last evening, and they lose ... again, after holding a decent lead.

AllWeatherFan said:
Let’s give Northern Colorado a little credit. They played hard right to the final whistle. That have some quality players, including Kountz and Knecht. They did not want to lose the game, and they tried really hard to upset the Griz. I know we’d all like to see blowouts every night in our home gym, but I will take the win and move on to NAU.

Yes, they played hard. I don’t need blowouts every night, but I WOULD like to know that this team has the ability to convincingly put away a 2-7 team ON OUR HOME COURT. Especially when you have a 9 point lead with 5 to play. Just seems like we play the last 5 minutes of every game trying not to lose instead of doing what was successful for the first 35 minutes. I’ve watched it time and time again this season—and last.

Grizfan-24 said:
I get that it is death, taxes and inability to close out games.

Again it isn't as if they aren't getting quality shots late, they just aren't going in. Moody had one or two, Bannan a couple, meanwhile NC gets a couple low percentage outcome shots to go and suddenly it is a 1 possession game for the last three minutes.

What it comes down to in part, we just don't have a player that can get every shot he wants when he wants it. Moody is a great off ball player, when we run him through screens, he is about as close to a sure thing as we have. In that last 4 minutes we had Martin, Whitney and Nap/Oke/Vasquez on the floor and it appeared despite have space to shoot they just didn't want to shoot it. Nap passed up a couple late (which is expected), but no one else seemed to want to shoot the ball unless it was a 1 second left on the shot clock heave.

There was a ton of movement to get players clear but last night it was the Bannan/Moody show late. Both were assertive, but it didn't take a genius to figure out where the shot was going to come from. Without Thomas on the floor, just makes for slim pickings after those two that feels confident enough to release the basketball.

Maybe the Griz should recruit GrizWBB frosh Libby Stump (19 pts last night at 53% from the field). ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back