• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NDSU Gets Chick-fil-A & McDonalds at the White House

Fat Bruno said:
PlayerRep said:
Fat Bruno said:
PlayerRep said:
How is it possible that you don't know that the deficit under Obama was over $1 Trillion for 4 of his 8 years? Trump's first 2 years didn't approach that amount. $621 billion in 2018 according to CNBC. Bush's deficit was under $2 Trillion total in 8 years.

You are a financial and economic idiot. You can't even Google to an answer that is credible.

You are truly one shallow pinhead. O's deficits were high because he inherited the SKYROCKETING deficits from Bush as well as Bush's economic recession. Of course, they were going to keep going up until his own policies kicked in, simpleton, and then they began their downward trend. Then Trump inherited O's solid economy and decreasing deficits and, now, of course, his deficits are slated to hit record nos. in record time. This is what happens EVERY time. Clinton actually ran a surplus in his last year and Bush blew up the debt. Now, we have the same trend all over again. Ray Gun did the same with the deficit... like I said, EVERY time. How did a naif like you ever get through law school? Some kind of favoritism?

I didn't blame anyone for deficits; I just said that it's not true that Trump has had record deficits.

Feel free to quote anything on budget deficits that I said that was not correct.

You continue to try to Google for answers, and then post dumb stuff. You are a picture boy for dem-liberals who don't understand economics. You are a huge joke.

"Has had..." The projections -- see, that means in the future, not the past -- by all major economists and the CBO show record deficits as a result of current economic policy ... and that as his been pointed out here several times is assuming the most favorable circumstances and no recession ... so they'll be even worse ... far worse. It's now clear that anything with the simplest twist or complexity is beyond you ... you're either a simple dipshit in the first place or are suffering from advanced intellectual decline.

The record budget deficit is over $1.4 Trillion, which was under Obama. No, all major economists don't predict record deficits under the current economic policy. US revenues set a record last year and will set another record this year. Corporate taxes are only about 7% of US revenue, so don't start blaming corporate tax cuts.

The CBO is notoriously wrong on much of what it predicts. They have been very wrong on healthcare numbers in recent years. Below is what the CBO said recently. Note that $1.0 Trillion is less than the record of over $1.4 Trillion. Also note that the CBO recently reduced its deficit prediction. 2022 is still a long way off.

"Yearly budget deficits are expected to exceed $1 trillion beginning in 2022. But CBO said its cumulative deficit projection over the next decade is $1.2 trillion less than it was in early 2018,"

You are an economic idiot. You can't even Google to a credible answer. Keep digging your hole.

Fat Bruno said:
PlayerRep said:
Fat Bruno said:
As long as we're standing here by the old cherry tree, let's take a look at some of its other fruit:

Tariff Man Has Become Deficit Man
Trump really has no idea how international trade works.

Paul Krugman

Republicans hate deficits. Or at least that’s what they claim.

Republicans in Congress spent the entire Obama administration inveighing against budget deficits, warning incessantly that we were going to have a Greek-style fiscal crisis any day now. Donald Trump, on the other hand, focused his ire mainly on trade deficits, insisting that “our jobs and wealth are being given to other countries that have taken advantage of us.”

But over two years of unified G.O.P. control of government, a funny thing happened: Both deficits surged. The budget deficit has hit a level unprecedented except during wars and in the immediate aftermath of major economic crises; the trade deficit in goods has set a record.

Yet Trump’s twin deficits tell us a lot about both the tweeter in chief and his party — namely, that they’re both dishonest and ignorant.

About the dishonesty: Is there anyone left who believes that Republicans ever really cared about debt and deficits? The truth is that the phoniness of their fiscal posturing should have been obvious all along.
Oh, and the tax cut has utterly failed to deliver the promised investment boom. Companies didn’t use their giant windfall to build new plants and raise productivity, they used it to buy back a lot of stock, passing the gains on to wealthy investors.And the supposed cause of the deficit isn’t the only thing Trump gets wrong about trade policy. He also keeps insisting that foreigners are paying his tariffs. In reality, prices received by foreign exporters haven’t gone down. Prices paid by U.S. consumers have gone up, instead.
... the main damage (of Trump’s tariff war) is to U.S. credibility.

But Trump’s twin deficits show that his party has been lying about its policy priorities, and that he is completely clueless about his signature policy issue. Luckily, a great nation like America can survive a lot, including dishonesty and ignorance at the top.

This is the great leader whose brilliant economic leadership you love to tout ... and Krugman's points on the utter hypocrisy and ignorance of you clowns is perfection.

The tax cut is a large part of what is driving the booming US economy and the strong job growth. Krugman was once an economist, but now is mainly a political hack.

The tax cuts have been a total bust and have not contributed to shit ... that is now accepted across the board, by conservatives and liberals alike and is why the GOOP decided not to even mention it during their ass kicking in the last election.

Not true. Tax cuts are a big part of what is driving the strong economy.

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
Interesting. I will have to check on the white monkey job.

What Kraft did is embarrassing for him, but not a big deal for me. Many of the people who went to the place were just getting a massage. Those people now have tapes of them getting undressed and dressed and getting a massage. Doesn't seem right to me.

The whole surveillance think stinks to me. I can't imagine it is legal, but don't know. Is the US getting more like China in that regard?

One guy identified and named publicly was misidentified. He's already brought a lawsuit. I hope the county and authorities get hammered.

"The prostitution case against Patriots owner Robert Kraft linked to a Florida sex-trafficking ring could be a long shot for prosecutors — partly because the women he was caught on video with are the 45-year-old spa manager and a 58-year-old licensed masseuse, according to legal experts.

But it appears Kraft was caught on camera getting services from two women who are not victims of human trafficking: the 45-year-old manager of the spa, Lei Wang, and 58-year-old spa employee Shen Mingbi, also believed to be an operator of the business — both licensed masseuses and Florida residents." http://www.rightmindsforum.com/cgi-bin/anyboard.cgi/rightminds?cmd=get&cG=330333033313&zu=333033303331&v=2&gV=0&p=

That's not my idea of trafficking. Older Florida residents and licensed in Florida.

I don't blame Kraft or anyone for trafficking. They weren't involved. They didn't know. I can't imagine Kraft spend time figuring out how trafficking works. I sure don't. A Florida county sheriff was quoted as saying the women could have left anytime, by the way.

I don't blame people who smoke marijuana for causing the drug trade and smuggling either.

quote from a trafficking expert on 'licensed massage therapists' and such at that very place:

“Having a school associated with several locations that are engaged in illicit massage business — It’s one more way of appearing legitimate,” Myles said, commenting generally rather than specifically on Tokyo Day Spas. He said the owners of such chains often use schools to recruit and groom women to work in their parlors, even giving them the answers to the licensing exams ahead of time if they are good candidates for sex work.

Interesting. Never knew that. Makes sense, I suppose. Assume Kraft never knew that. Can't imagine that Florida residents are 45 and 58 are being trafficked. Just trying to making a living, I would think.

note that is says the women ranged in age from late 20's to early 60's.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/a-crazy-amount-of-money-seattle-police-raid-prostitution-network-in-massage-parlors/?fbclid=IwAR01qlZZyOOSPjszFcV89M80YXNfLF_SfYAp-Lr8KyF8Clu28XkJzusRr58

The women with Kraft were 45 and 58. What does Seattle have to do with Kraft?

PlayerRep said:
Fat Bruno said:
PlayerRep said:
Fat Bruno said:
You are truly one shallow pinhead. O's deficits were high because he inherited the SKYROCKETING deficits from Bush as well as Bush's economic recession. Of course, they were going to keep going up until his own policies kicked in, simpleton, and then they began their downward trend. Then Trump inherited O's solid economy and decreasing deficits and, now, of course, his deficits are slated to hit record nos. in record time. This is what happens EVERY time. Clinton actually ran a surplus in his last year and Bush blew up the debt. Now, we have the same trend all over again. Ray Gun did the same with the deficit... like I said, EVERY time. How did a naif like you ever get through law school? Some kind of favoritism?

I didn't blame anyone for deficits; I just said that it's not true that Trump has had record deficits.

Feel free to quote anything on budget deficits that I said that was not correct.

You continue to try to Google for answers, and then post dumb stuff. You are a picture boy for dem-liberals who don't understand economics. You are a huge joke.

"Has had..." The projections -- see, that means in the future, not the past -- by all major economists and the CBO show record deficits as a result of current economic policy ... and that as his been pointed out here several times is assuming the most favorable circumstances and no recession ... so they'll be even worse ... far worse. It's now clear that anything with the simplest twist or complexity is beyond you ... you're either a simple dipshit in the first place or are suffering from advanced intellectual decline.

The record budget deficit is over $1.4 Trillion, which was under Obama. No, all major economists don't predict record deficits under the current economic policy. US revenues set a record last year and will set another record this year. Corporate taxes are only about 7% of US revenue, so don't start blaming corporate tax cuts.

The CBO is notoriously wrong on much of what it predicts. They have been very wrong on healthcare numbers in recent years. Below is what the CBO said recently. Note that $1.0 Trillion is less than the record of over $1.4 Trillion. Also note that the CBO recently reduced its deficit prediction. 2022 is still a long way off.

"Yearly budget deficits are expected to exceed $1 trillion beginning in 2022. But CBO said its cumulative deficit projection over the next decade is $1.2 trillion less than it was in early 2018,"

You are an economic idiot. You can't even Google to a credible answer. Keep digging your hole.

Duh, no yore dum ... When you learn to read a simple chart and put it into context and when you can master the comprehension of a compound sentence, get back to me. I'm feeling a little embarrassed kicking your ignorant, pathetic ass around, quite frankly.

Fat Bruno said:
PlayerRep said:
Fat Bruno said:
PlayerRep said:
Again, most trade deficits are not really a big deal. See below. The strong US economy, and strong US dollar, are causing the trade deficit. I'm fine with that. Would you prefer a weak economy and a weak dollar? Again, you are just plain stupid on economics. You can't even Google to a credible answer.

“The fact that the U.S. economy is doing very well is the main reason the trade gap has risen,” said Kenneth Rogoff, a professor at Harvard University and former chief economist at the International Monetary Fund.

“Policies that play around at the margins with tariffs are always going to get swamped by macroeconomic factors,” Mr. Rogoff said.

Hahaha ... do you have cherries at "the lake place?" You're excellent at picking them. Trump's leading ass kisser in the econ world, Lou Dobbs, says ... well, you saw what he said, above ... reread that.

I don't follow Dobbs, and didn't understand what you quoted. Can you explain it?

I can believe you don't understand it ... or anything else. How goddamn hard is it to understand when one of Fox's main econ guys says Trump has lost his way, then states why?

I don't know why you keep bringing up Trump. I'm not debating or discussing or defending Trump. I am talking about the US economy.

Fat Bruno said:
PlayerRep said:
Fat Bruno said:
PlayerRep said:

Duh, no yore dum ... When you learn to read a simple chart and put it into context and when you can master the comprehension of a compound sentence, get back to me. I'm feeling a little embarrassed kicking your ignorant, pathetic ass around, quite frankly.

I think most everyone is becoming further convinced that you are an idiot.

What chart are you talking about?

PlayerRep said:
Fat Bruno said:
PlayerRep said:
Fat Bruno said:
As long as we're standing here by the old cherry tree, let's take a look at some of its other fruit:

Tariff Man Has Become Deficit Man
Trump really has no idea how international trade works.

Paul Krugman

Republicans hate deficits. Or at least that’s what they claim.

Republicans in Congress spent the entire Obama administration inveighing against budget deficits, warning incessantly that we were going to have a Greek-style fiscal crisis any day now. Donald Trump, on the other hand, focused his ire mainly on trade deficits, insisting that “our jobs and wealth are being given to other countries that have taken advantage of us.”

But over two years of unified G.O.P. control of government, a funny thing happened: Both deficits surged. The budget deficit has hit a level unprecedented except during wars and in the immediate aftermath of major economic crises; the trade deficit in goods has set a record.

Yet Trump’s twin deficits tell us a lot about both the tweeter in chief and his party — namely, that they’re both dishonest and ignorant.

About the dishonesty: Is there anyone left who believes that Republicans ever really cared about debt and deficits? The truth is that the phoniness of their fiscal posturing should have been obvious all along.
Oh, and the tax cut has utterly failed to deliver the promised investment boom. Companies didn’t use their giant windfall to build new plants and raise productivity, they used it to buy back a lot of stock, passing the gains on to wealthy investors.And the supposed cause of the deficit isn’t the only thing Trump gets wrong about trade policy. He also keeps insisting that foreigners are paying his tariffs. In reality, prices received by foreign exporters haven’t gone down. Prices paid by U.S. consumers have gone up, instead.
... the main damage (of Trump’s tariff war) is to U.S. credibility.

But Trump’s twin deficits show that his party has been lying about its policy priorities, and that he is completely clueless about his signature policy issue. Luckily, a great nation like America can survive a lot, including dishonesty and ignorance at the top.

This is the great leader whose brilliant economic leadership you love to tout ... and Krugman's points on the utter hypocrisy and ignorance of you clowns is perfection.

The tax cut is a large part of what is driving the booming US economy and the strong job growth. Krugman was once an economist, but now is mainly a political hack.

The tax cuts have been a total bust and have not contributed to shit ... that is now accepted across the board, by conservatives and liberals alike and is why the GOOP decided not to even mention it during their ass kicking in the last election.

As Krugman says, just above, btw ... Oh, and the tax cut has utterly failed to deliver the promised investment boom. Companies didn’t use their giant windfall to build new plants and raise productivity, they used it to buy back a lot of stock, passing the gains on to wealthy investors.

Now, who should I believe, the Nobel guy, or the stupidest and most dishonest dipshit this side of Reinell and Tourist? Now, I'm done with you ... you are simply not up to the game and are not a worthy adversary, Trumperhhoid.

Fat Bruno said:
PlayerRep said:
Fat Bruno said:
PlayerRep said:

As Krugman says, just above, btw ... Oh, and the tax cut has utterly failed to deliver the promised investment boom. Companies didn’t use their giant windfall to build new plants and raise productivity, they used it to buy back a lot of stock, passing the gains on to wealthy investors.

Now, who should I believe, the Nobel guy, or the stupidest and most dishonest dipshit this side of Reinell and Tourist? Now, I'm done with you ... you are simply not up to the game and are not a worthy adversary, Trumperhhoid.

Krugman is more of a political writer now, and is not much of an economist. Too biased.

The tax cuts are clearly one of the drivers of the strong economy.

You've got and shown nothing, except that you're an idiot and nasty. You know nothing about economics and nothing about sports. Will be good to see you slink off with your tail between your legs.

Wall St Journal, March 6.

Tax Reform Unleashed the U.S. Economy
The surge in private investment has brought big returns for households as well as the government.

"The Commerce Department reported Thursday that real gross domestic product grew by 3.1% from the fourth quarter of 2017 to the fourth quarter of 2018—the largest rise in 13 years. And last month the Congressional Budget Office reported that even if the current surge in economic growth isn’t sustained, the revenue residual from our current strong growth rate will pay for some 80% of the projected cost of the 2017 tax reform."

"The tax cuts and the lifting of regulatory burden have produced an economic takeoff that had failed to occur under the policies of the previous administration, despite a doubling of the national debt and the greatest monetary easing in the history of the Federal Reserve. Many respected economists in those years concluded that America suffered from “secular stagnation” and was incapable of strong growth. But today, greater than 3% GDP growth for the first time in 13 years makes it clear that bad policies rather than fate were the cause of the failed recovery."

"When the economy was shackled by tax increases and adversarial regulations, private investment lagged, productivity fell and labor-force participation dropped among prime working-age persons. Since 2017 private investment has returned to the levels that drove other postwar recoveries, and productivity and labor-force participation are rising."

"The top 10% of U.S. households earn 33.5% of all income but pay 45.1% of all income-based taxes, including income, Social Security and Medicare taxes. The top 10% of American earners pay 1.35 times their share of income in income taxes. In France, Germany and Sweden—supposed progressive paradises—the top 10% of earners pay just 1.1, 1.07 and 1.01 times their respective shares of national income.

With the most progressive tax code in the developed world, the U.S. government relies increasingly on a small proportion of higher-income families to pay a larger share of taxes. Because the income of the top 10% of earners is tied closely to business profits and capital gains, slow growth now decimates federal revenues."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/tax-reform-unleashed-the-u-s-economy-11551740837

PlayerRep said:
The women with Kraft were 45 and 58. What does Seattle have to do with Kraft?

how obtuse are you, greenie? you seemed to dismiss the idea that 45 and 58 year old women could be part of a prostitution/trafficking scheme, apparently to cut kraft some slack. so, i handed you some info about how these schemes work, from an even more recent bust, showing that it is indeed a common occurrence. but then, your comments over the years have belied your sense of superiority over women. can't recall you ever name dropping a successful woman in your endless list. generational thing, to some degree, i suppose,

PlayerRep said:
Fat Bruno said:
PlayerRep said:
Fat Bruno said:

Krugman is more of a political writer now, and is not much of an economist. Too biased.

The tax cuts are clearly one of the drivers of the strong economy.

You've got and shown nothing, except that you're an idiot and nasty. You know nothing about economics and nothing about sports. Will be good to see you slink off with your tail between your legs.

Yeah, not much of an economist ... like you, a stupid politically motivated fool. His bias is liberal simply because the facts have a powerful, liberal bias. If you had the slightest self awareness, you'd be red faced with embarrassment by now at what a fool you are, but you are far past the ability to even know you're slobbering on your bib every time you open your slack jawed blow hole.

PlayerRep said:

The surge in private investment has brought big returns for households as well as the government.

"The Commerce Department reported Thursday that real gross domestic product grew by 3.1% from the fourth quarter of 2017 to the fourth quarter of 2018—the largest rise in 13 years. And last month the Congressional Budget Office reported that even if the current surge in economic growth isn’t sustained, the revenue residual from our current strong growth rate will pay for some 80% of the projected cost of the 2017 tax reform."

"The tax cuts and the lifting of regulatory burden have produced an economic takeoff that had failed to occur under the policies of the previous administration, despite a doubling of the national debt and the greatest monetary easing in the history of the Federal Reserve. Many respected economists in those years concluded that America suffered from “secular stagnation” and was incapable of strong growth. But today, greater than 3% GDP growth for the first time in 13 years makes it clear that bad policies rather than fate were the cause of the failed recovery."

"When the economy was shackled by tax increases and adversarial regulations, private investment lagged, productivity fell and labor-force participation dropped among prime working-age persons. Since 2017 private investment has returned to the levels that drove other postwar recoveries, and productivity and labor-force participation are rising."

"The top 10% of U.S. households earn 33.5% of all income but pay 45.1% of all income-based taxes, including income, Social Security and Medicare taxes. The top 10% of American earners pay 1.35 times their share of income in income taxes. In France, Germany and Sweden—supposed progressive paradises—the top 10% of earners pay just 1.1, 1.07 and 1.01 times their respective shares of national income.

With the most progressive tax code in the developed world, the U.S. government relies increasingly on a small proportion of higher-income families to pay a larger share of taxes. Because the income of the top 10% of earners is tied closely to business profits and capital gains, slow growth now decimates federal revenues."

The WSJ is the dingiest, large,piece of right wing ass wipe in the country. It is owned by Rupert Murdoch, the foul owner of Fox News. To even post anything from that sink hole is a joke ... and you want to talk about political bias, you oblivious, Trump humping zombie?!!

The Trump Madam is at the center of a whole ring of rich abusers ... and may have an espionage element ... typical of the kind of pus hole at the center of the monstrous sleaze mire that is the Trump presidency. Is PR hoping for an invitation? A little out of his league to wildly understate it ... but he can dream, can't he?

Founder Of Robert Kraft ‘Spa’ Reportedly Selling Chinese Access To Trump

The woman who founded the “day spa” where New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft was arrested and later charged with soliciting prostitution has a business that offers access to President Donald Trump to fee-paying Chinese investors, Mother Jones magazine reported Saturday.

GOP donor Li Yang, who uses the name Cindy, has posted selfies on social media with Republican Party leaders and politicians — including Trump. She snapped a photo of herself with the president at a Super Bowl viewing party last month at Trump’s West Palm Beach club. (Trump cheered for the team owned by his pal Kraft.)

She has also posted selfies with Eric Trump, Donald Trump Jr., Kellyanne Conway, Sen. Rick Scott (R-Fla.) and Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), among several others.

Yang owns a string of spas and massage parlors in Florida with a “reputation” of providing sexual services, the Miami Herald reported. She denies that she has ever broken the law.

Now Mother Jones reports that “consulting company” GY US Investments LLC, owned by Yang and her husband, Zubin Gong, offers fee-paying clients the “opportunity to interact with the president, the [U.S.] Minister of Commerce and other political figures,” according to the magazine’s translation of the firm’s web site, which is mostly in Chinese.

i guess the trumps are familiar with chinese guanxi, as well as their own american version:
https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/03/a-florida-massage-parlor-owner-has-been-selling-chinese-execs-access-to-trump-at-mar-a-lago/

Fat Bruno said:
The Trump Madam is at the center of a whole ring of rich abusers ... and may have an espionage element ... typical of the kind of pus hole at the center of the monstrous sleaze mire that is the Trump presidency. Is PR hoping for an invitation? A little out of his league to wildly understate it ... but he can dream, can't he?

The woman who founded the “day spa” where New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft was arrested and later charged with soliciting prostitution has a business that offers access to President Donald Trump to fee-paying Chinese investors, Mother Jones magazine reported Saturday.

GOP donor Li Yang, who uses the name Cindy, has posted selfies on social media with Republican Party leaders and politicians — including Trump. She snapped a photo of herself with the president at a Super Bowl viewing party last month at Trump’s West Palm Beach club. (Trump cheered for the team owned by his pal Kraft.)

She has also posted selfies with Eric Trump, Donald Trump Jr., Kellyanne Conway, Sen. Rick Scott (R-Fla.) and Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), among several others.

Yang owns a string of spas and massage parlors in Florida with a “reputation” of providing sexual services, the Miami Herald reported. She denies that she has ever broken the law.

Now Mother Jones reports that “consulting company” GY US Investments LLC, owned by Yang and her husband, Zubin Gong, offers fee-paying clients the “opportunity to interact with the president, the [U.S.] Minister of Commerce and other political figures,” according to the magazine’s translation of the firm’s web site, which is mostly in Chinese.

This woman sold her spa in 2013. That's 6 years ago. You and Mother Jones are a bit behind the times, and really stretching.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/03/the-massage-parlor-owner-peddling-access-to-trump-has-ties-to-chinese-government-linked-groups-cindy-yang/

PlayerRep said:
Fat Bruno said:

This woman sold her spa in 2013. That's 6 years ago. You and Mother Jones are a bit behind the times, and really stretching.

she sold that spa but still has more, greenie. keep up.

Fat Bruno said:
PlayerRep said:

The WSJ is the dingiest, large,piece of right wing ass wipe in the country. It is owned by Rupert Murdoch, the foul owner of Fox News. To even post anything from that sink hole is a joke ... and you want to talk about political bias, you oblivious, Trump humping zombie?!!

The Wall St Journal is the best source of business news in the world, by far. By the way, the Journal doesn't exactly like Trump. You are too business and economically illiterate to know that. You continue to show your business and economic ignorance.

argh! said:
https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/03/the-massage-parlor-owner-peddling-access-to-trump-has-ties-to-chinese-government-linked-groups-cindy-yang/

Speculation by Mother Jones, but even the article says this: "No direct evidence of any such activity has yet emerged." We shall see.

Back