• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NCAA launches new FCS logo

EverettGriz said:
SloStang said:
kemajic said:
Soon they'll have all 127 in the playoffs. May decide to not keep score... kumbaya....
Yeah, like DI basketball having 68 teams make the dance. We all know what a complete failure the NCAA basketball tournament is. No money or interest there. :roll:

Well, a little different though, no? 360 teams vs. 120. And the "fcs" schools play the Big Boys. How many people would care about a low mid-major tournament if North Carolina, Florida, Ohio State, etc had a different tournament?
18.88% vs 20%. Not that big of a difference.

SloStang said:
EverettGriz said:
SloStang said:
kemajic said:
Soon they'll have all 127 in the playoffs. May decide to not keep score... kumbaya....
Yeah, like DI basketball having 68 teams make the dance. We all know what a complete failure the NCAA basketball tournament is. No money or interest there. :roll:

Well, a little different though, no? 360 teams vs. 120. And the "fcs" schools play the Big Boys. How many people would care about a low mid-major tournament if North Carolina, Florida, Ohio State, etc had a different tournament?
DHiW doesn't do math :lol: :lol: :lol:

SloStang said:
EverettGriz said:
SloStang said:
kemajic said:

Hey, I'm fine with 24 teams. But you gotta acknowledge the other differences. And of course, there aren't 25% of NCAA teams who are non-scholarship and have absolutely no chance like there is at the fcs level.

And IQ25.06 doesn't do anything. Except troll. And he's even shitty at that.

EverettGriz said:
SloStang said:
EverettGriz said:
SloStang said:

Hey, I'm fine with 24 teams. But you gotta acknowledge the other differences. And of course, there aren't 25% of NCAA teams who are non-scholarship and have absolutely no chance like there is at the fcs level.

:lol: It funny that the NCAA runs some 80 championships and uses the same formula foar them all, 20% of the divivision goes into the championship field. It works great in all of those championships ...... except that it makes the FCS a watered down travesty :lol: :lol:

Cats2506 said:
EverettGriz said:
SloStang said:
EverettGriz said:

:lol: It funny that the NCAA runs some 80 championships and uses the same formula foar them all, 20% of the divivision goes into the championship field. It works great in all of those championships ...... except that it makes the FCS a watered down travesty :lol: :lol:

and 2506 was talking shit about people from Butte not being able to spell.

snap said:
Cats2506 said:
EverettGriz said:
SloStang said:

I was generally just talking shit about Butte people because they are all morons, dont take it personal :thumb:

Cats2506 said:
snap said:
Cats2506 said:
EverettGriz said:

I was generally just talking shit about Butte people because they are all morons, dont take it personal :thumb:

:roll:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

EverettGriz said:
SloStang said:
EverettGriz said:
SloStang said:

Your right, at the FBS level, the percentage of teams in the FBS with no chace at a national title is 52% (63/120). And that doesnt include the teams "moving up" before and after this season. So that percentage of teams with no chance will just get higher in the next few years.

Cats2506 said:
That that formula works well in the others is nothing more than an opinion of a poster with little credibility. And football puts physical demands on student athletes that the others don't. Extending the season unnecessarily is foolish, simply political, particularly in a division with depth limitations.

SloStang said:
kemajic said:
So you're saying college basketball has the same physical demands on student athletes as college football and overextending the season for programs with limited depth is just fine, since some fans like it. Maybe someday CPSLO will make a deep run into the playoffs and get an idea of the toll it takes. But nice comparison.

kemajic said:
SloStang said:
kemajic said:
So you're saying college basketball has the same physical demands on student athletes as college football and overextending the season for programs with limited depth is just fine, since some fans like it. Maybe someday CPSLO will make a deep run into the playoffs and get an idea of the toll it takes. But nice comparison.

So, your argument NOW is not that the playoffs are watered-down, but that they are too physically demanding. I guess it is always good to change your rational when your initial argument has been shot full of holes. :thumb:

Cats2506 said:
kemajic said:
SloStang said:
kemajic said:

So, your argument NOW is not that the playoffs are watered-down, but that they are too physically demanding. I guess it is always good to change your rational when your initial argument has been shot full of holes. :thumb:
Can you not comprehend that they could be both watered down and overly physically demanding at the same time? Teams that have no chance at winning actually do try and so the legitimate teams have to put up a fight for a good portion of the game. Fluke injuries happen -- and often when you let up against an inferior opponent. Just when one of your OL takes a play off from the beating he has been handing out, he gets rolled up from a defender being a hero by trying to keep the score within 40 points. Add a couple of meaningless games and injuries mount. I'm sure your lack of comprehension stems from a lack of seeing your team go deep in the playoffs so I won't hold it against you.

Comprehension is not an issue for bitchboy. He’s not stupid.

He’s just such a punk dbag that he can’t help but run his mouth, regardless of the subject. Sometimes he just tries too hard, and it comes off as stupid.

Grisly Fan said:
Cats2506 said:
kemajic said:
SloStang said:

Can you not comprehend that they could be both watered down and overly physically demanding at the same time? Teams that have no chance at winning actually do try and so the legitimate teams have to put up a fight for a good portion of the game. Fluke injuries happen -- and often when you let up against an inferior opponent. Just when one of your OL takes a play off from the beating he has been handing out, he gets rolled up from a defender being a hero by trying to keep the score within 40 points. Add a couple of meaningless games and injuries mount. I'm sure your lack of comprehension stems from a lack of seeing your team go deep in the playoffs so I won't hold it against you.

the way you make it sound maybe the only way to be fair would be to have the computers and media select 2 teams for a championship at the beginning of the season and have them play and just skip all the regular season games too, That way both teams would presumably be at full strength and depth really wouldn't be an issue.

You have such a dumbass argument that it is incomprehensible, one of the many levels of this game is that the season and post season are campaigns of attrition, all teams lose players in the course of the season, it is part of the game.

Cats2506 said:
kemajic said:
SloStang said:
kemajic said:

Two components of the same argument, neither of which has been logically refuted. But complicated for you. If you want to understand the toll a deep playoff run takes, you need to listen Montana followers, who see this issue regularly; these are things you have not seen. FCS rosters are not set up for 17 games. The field could be reduced to 12 and still include every program that has a chance to win. It once was that way until it kept getting more inclusive. Try to catch up.

Cats2506 said:
the way you make it sound maybe the only way to be fair would be to have the computers and media select 2 teams for a championship at the beginning of the season and have them play and just skip all the regular season games too, That way both teams would presumably be at full strength and depth really wouldn't be an issue.

You have such a dumbass argument that it is incomprehensible, one of the many levels of this game is that the season and post season are campaigns of attrition, all teams lose players in the course of the season, it is part of the game.
When you have no argument other than wanting to increase the chance MSU could get in, use hyperbole. The right answer is 12 teams. No one has yet to come up with an example of a team that has won the NC that was not in the top 12.

Cats2506 said:
Grisly Fan said:
Cats2506 said:
kemajic said:

So your incredibly intelligent argument would suggest that every team should be in the playoffs and play until nobody can field a full team. Brilliant. (See I can play your jerk wad game of hyperbole too)

Back