• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NCAA launches new FCS logo

UofMGrizFan

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/indexpic.htm

NCAA launches new FCS logo

butler_jeremy2_490.jpg

Indianapolis, IN (Sports Network) - The NCAA has unveiled a new logo for the FCS as it seeks to raise awareness of the lower half of Division I college football.

The blue and white logo, developed through the NCAA's branding and fan experience group, prominently displays the words "FCS" and "Division I" as the 13-conference, 127-school FCS focuses more on the FCS moniker instead of the longer Football Championship Subdivision.

The logo is part of the FCS' new "Every Down. Every Day." promotional campaign which will kick off during the 2013 season.

This season, the FCS will expand its playoff bracket to 24 teams, an increase of four with an automatic bid for the Pioneer Football League champion and three more to at-large qualifiers.

The FCS season begins Aug. 29 and concludes with the national championship game on Jan. 4 in Frisco, Texas.

Soon they'll have all 127 in the playoffs. May decide to not keep score... kumbaya....

kemajic said:
Soon they'll have all 127 in the playoffs. May decide to not keep score... kumbaya....

Kinda like the bowl system does now?

18% of all the teams in the FCS make the playoffs (24 out of 127)
58% of all the teams in the FBS make a bowl game (70 out of 120)

Boo Hoo Cry us a river

Cool except, I am not sure I like the line, "the lower half of division 1". I think it could have been phrased as, "the other half." Jus sayin....

reinell30 said:
Cool except, I am not sure I like the line, "the lower half of division 1". I think it could have been phrased as, "the other half." Jus sayin....

You could look at it this way, the three subdivisions of Division 1 Football.

Top half- BCS
Middle Half- FBS
Bottom Half- FCS

WILDCATFAN said:
reinell30 said:

Top half- BCS
Middle Half- FBS
Bottom Half- FCS

4_out_of_3_people_are_bad_at_fractions_tee_shirts-rca576a4daa794f9b9ffccec0af522126_f0c6g_512.jpg

grizfan95 said:
WILDCATFAN said:
reinell30 said:

Top half- BCS
Middle Half- FBS
Bottom Half- FCS

4_out_of_3_people_are_bad_at_fractions_tee_shirts-rca576a4daa794f9b9ffccec0af522126_f0c6g_512.jpg

DOH!

BCS- top portion
FBS- middle portion
FCS- lower portion

:oops:

WILDCATFAN said:
grizfan95 said:
WILDCATFAN said:
reinell30 said:

Top half- BCS
Middle Half- FBS
Bottom Half- FCS

DOH!

BCS- top portion
FBS- middle portion
FCS- lower portion

:oops:

I have got to get this shirt for my co-workers. I deal with large numbers of ammo and most of them cannot count...

The NCAA's new 1-AA/ FCS/"lower half of Division 1" logo is second only to Ol' Royce's "Thrive" image bandage...Yesiree, all you gotta do is slap some some lipstick on the pig... :lol: Beautiful :!:

grizfan95 said:
WILDCATFAN said:
reinell30 said:

Top half- BCS
Middle Half- FBS
Bottom Half- FCS

LOL!!! Well done!

WILDCATFAN said:
kemajic said:

Boo Hoo Cry us a river
If the Ivy League and the SWAC participated in the playoffs, I'd be all for just making it 32 and being done with it. That would be just barely over 25%, which seems fine to me.

The FCS follow up to the 24 team playoffs will probably be a blanket issuance of grade school type PC participation ribbons that will make even the lowest non-scholarship program feel really neat about itself...Sweet.

Silvertip said:
The FCS follow up to the 24 team playoffs will probably be a blanket issuance of grade school type PC participation ribbons that will make even the lowest non-scholarship program feel really neat about itself...Sweet.
Except...NO. Go on, use percentages and make a real argument. Or, use something else, whatever, just make a serious case rather than just douche your life away.

Tod said:
WILDCATFAN said:
kemajic said:

Boo Hoo Cry us a river
If the Ivy League and the SWAC participated in the playoffs, I'd be all for just making it 32 and being done with it. That would be just barely over 25%, which seems fine to me.

I agree, I wish all the FCS conferences participated in the playoffs

kemajic said:
Yeah, like DI basketball having 68 teams make the dance. We all know what a complete failure the NCAA basketball tournament is. No money or interest there. :roll:

SloStang said:
kemajic said:
Yeah, like DI basketball having 68 teams make the dance. We all know what a complete failure the NCAA basketball tournament is. No money or interest there. :roll:

Well, a little different though, no? 360 teams vs. 120. And the "fcs" schools play the Big Boys. How many people would care about a low mid-major tournament if North Carolina, Florida, Ohio State, etc had a different tournament?

Back