• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NAU adding Okla St QB transfer

tourist said:
Now that I've seen it, helmet and shoulder to the head, it definitely fits the targeting criteria. Not a hit Jack Tatum would cringe about.

Yup. Nothing subjective about it. I don’t think you can call Cookus “assassin” but he deserved ejection.

PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
dbackjon said:
Not even close. Take off your Maroon-colored Glasses

Absolutely clear. You need to put on some glasses. The high hit in the face/neck/helmet area knocked the UM player flying, and he was a good and not small player.

Want to bet $100 on this?

Typical PR bet......a "high and vicious hit" "in the face/neck/helmet area" that was "absolutely clean".
If there were more than three bases in baseball you could still cover them all.

Absolutely clear. Learn to read. Ha.

Why don’t you provide your view on whether it was targeting? Or, are you afraid to agree with me?

It was targeting. It was "absolutely clear" and far from "absolutely clean". You should read (and attempt to comprehend) your posts before you hit submit.

Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Absolutely clear. You need to put on some glasses. The high hit in the face/neck/helmet area knocked the UM player flying, and he was a good and not small player.

Want to bet $100 on this?

Typical PR bet......a "high and vicious hit" "in the face/neck/helmet area" that was "absolutely clean".
If there were more than three bases in baseball you could still cover them all.

Absolutely clear. Learn to read. Ha.

Why don’t you provide your view on whether it was targeting? Or, are you afraid to agree with me?

It was targeting. It was "absolutely clear" and far from "absolutely clean". You should read (and attempt to comprehend) your posts before you hit submit.

Auto correct/change. cleaR is one letter from cleaN.
Anyone with a brain could have seen the typo.

Why don't you and others try to make a few more substantive posts, and address the topics and subtopics, instead of looking for typos and picking at posts or people. Or, do you not have the substantive knowledge to participate in the discussion.

dbackjon said:
reinell30 said:
It was clearly targeting because the ref said so!

Quoted for future reference :mrgreen:

How's your support coming for the call being an incorrect or bad call? I think your support is still at zero.

Did you figure out how to look at the video? If so, have you changed your might yet?

I was in Flagstaff on Sunday. I asked around, but no one seemed to have ever heard of you (or they wouldn't admit it).

PlayerRep said:
dbackjon said:
reinell30 said:

How's your support coming for the call being an incorrect or bad call? I think your support is still at zero.

Did you figure out how to look at the video? If so, have you changed your might yet?

I was in Flagstaff on Sunday. I asked around, but no one seemed to have ever heard of you (or they wouldn't admit it).

I heard about that. Was told some creeper was out and about, so they did the right thing and ignored you

:thumb:

dbackjon said:
PlayerRep said:
dbackjon said:
reinell30 said:

I heard about that. Was told some creeper was out and about, so they did the right thing and ignored you

:thumb:

Pflu certainly didn't ignore me, nor did anyone else. Wish I could report on the scrimmage, the inured receiver, the new transfer qb, the golf fundraiser, etc.

How's your support for the targeting call going?

Paytonlives said:
Was Thompson's hit illegal?

Nope... different time.

Different rules.

Was not illegal then, is not illegal now. It's regardless of level one of the 10 best hits in the history of contact sport. He doesn't lead with his helmet (never makes contact), it's not high (he drives through the receivers chest), not early, not anything. It will live for ever as one of the great moments in Griz football.

SaskGriz said:
Paytonlives said:

Nope... different time.

Different rules.

Was not illegal then, is not illegal now. It's regardless of level one of the 10 best hits in the history of contact sport. He doesn't lead with his helmet (never makes contact), it's not high (he drives through the receivers chest), not early, not anything. It will live for ever as one of the great moments in Griz football.
are you saying the helmet never made contact with the other player? Sure looks like it. Never was helmet to helmet though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBgu7GtFhGY

SaskGriz said:
Paytonlives said:

Nope... different time.

Different rules.

lol..... didn't lead with the helmet? :lol: :lol: :lol:

No hemet to helmet. Didn't lead with crown of helmet. Basically put his face maskiin the high chest area of the receiver. That's how we were taughtto tackle in college, and that's what we did. Text book tackle. The announcer knew that and said it was a clean hit.

Look at the 3d view of the hit. It's clear that the facemark was put below the neck.

In the spirit of not sticking to my guns no matter what, I slowed the video down and yeah it's probably a penalty today. The first point of contact looks like it's his helmet, hell it's sort of his whole upper body at once, but his helmet definitely appears to be "in play". He certainly didn't go high and he kept his head and eyes up but I think it's "not on" in today's football.

PlayerRep said:
No hemet to helmet. Didn't lead with crown of helmet. Basically put his face maskiin the high chest area of the receiver. That's how we were taughtto tackle in college, and that's what we did. Text book tackle. The announcer knew that and said it was a clean hit.

Look at the 3d view of the hit. It's clear that the facemark was put below the neck.

I've never said it wasn't a clean hit, was a dirty play, etc... I was just laughing at the idea he didn't lead with his helmet. The best lawyer in the world isn't going to be able to spin that one.

poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:

I've never said it wasn't a clean hit, was a dirty play, etc... I was just laughing at the idea he didn't lead with his helmet. The best lawyer in the world isn't going to be able to spin that one.

And I never said contact wasn't initiated with the facemask. So there. The worst/best poser on egriz isn't going to be able to spin that I did.

Saw this tweet from Craig Haley regarding best returning QB's in FCS. Thought it was funny....when you see it, you'll know:

Luke Anthony, ACU
Grant Breneman, Colgate
Davis Cheek, Elon
Chris Ferguson, Maine
Jacob Knipp, No Colorado
Jeremiah Oatsvall, Austin Peay
Daniel Santacaterina, SEMO
Austin Simmons, S Dakota
Daniel Smith, Campbell
Dalton Sneed, Griz
Ryan Stanley, FAMU
Kevin Thomson, Sac St

AZGrizFan said:
Saw this tweet from Craig Haley regarding best returning QB's in FCS. Thought it was funny....when you see it, you'll know:

Luke Anthony, ACU
Grant Breneman, Colgate
Davis Cheek, Elon
Chris Ferguson, Maine
Jacob Knipp, No Colorado
Jeremiah Oatsvall, Austin Peay
Daniel Santacaterina, SEMO
Austin Simmons, S Dakota
Daniel Smith, Campbell
Dalton Sneed, Griz
Ryan Stanley, FAMU
Kevin Thomson, Sac St

This was the second of two tweets. These guys are listed as "others" as his first tweet linked to an article that had his top 10 returning FCS QB's. Had the EQU QB at #5 and Cookus at #6.

Here was the first one...
https://twitter.com/CraigHaley/status/1127941745956704256

Back