• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana's US News and World Report college ranking

CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
Depends on who is doing the rankings.

http://www.montana.edu/news/17957/msu-earns-spots-on-forbes-lists-of-america-s-top-colleges-and-best-value-colleges

MSU is the success story in Montana with its record breaking enrollment and it's rankings. UM needs to do a lot better job in selling themselves.

USNWR or Forbes? All rankings can be arbitrary, but I hope you know USNWR is the most important metric. Anyone can be ranked high in Earl's Rankin' of Fancy Book Learnin' and Radiator Repair Shops.

Good news for both schools. For the record I don't know too many people that think Forbes is a rag. Pretty credible report, again good for both universities.đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

Great news, but hardly a surprise.

Legit question to the cat fans: If quantity = quality, what will you be saying when UM's enrollment inevitably passes that of msu? And what were you saying for the decades when UM's enrollment was higher?

Penn has fewer than 10,000 students. Using the cat metric, that school must SUCK.

bigsky33 said:

http://www.montana.edu/news/17957/msu-earns-spots-on-forbes-lists-of-america-s-top-colleges-and-best-value-colleges

MSU is the success story in Montana with its record breaking enrollment and it's rankings. UM needs to do a lot better job in selling themselves.
There is certainly no arguing this!

PlayerRep said:
Yes, this is terrific. It's amazing what a new President and new football coach will do for a school.

Go fuck yourself. They had nothing to do with this list!

bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:

USNWR or Forbes? All rankings can be arbitrary, but I hope you know USNWR is the most important metric. Anyone can be ranked high in Earl's Rankin' of Fancy Book Learnin' and Radiator Repair Shops.

You are right CDA, they all can be arbitrary. It appears that with UMs steeply declined enrollment that students and their parents do not agree with you on USNWR.

That may be. But, you won't ever find someone who thinks Forbes is the authority over USNWR. For better or worse, that's the "real" ranking.

bigsky33 said:

Throw enough money at ads in the market and some fool will buy it.

CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:

You are right CDA, they all can be arbitrary. It appears that with UMs steeply declined enrollment that students and their parents do not agree with you on USNWR.

That may be. But, you won't ever find someone who thinks Forbes is the authority over USNWR. For better or worse, that's the "real" ranking.

CDA, apparently students and parents do not agree with you. Results are what counts. UM enrollment is tanking despite USNWR rankings. MSU is getting results thus record breaking enrollment.

bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

CDA, apparently students and parents do not agree with you. Results are what counts. UM enrollment is tanking despite USNWR rankings. MSU is getting results thus record breaking enrollment.

That may be. But, you won't ever find someone who thinks Forbes is the authority over USNWR. For better or worse, that's the "real" ranking. Why do I feel like I've said this before? Why do I feel like you cannot grasp that the point I'm making has nothing to do with the one you're attempting to make?

Blgs Griz Fan said:
bigsky33 said:

Throw enough money at ads in the market and some fool will buy it.
[/quote

Do you really think it is just the ads? MSU is now over 17,000 students. That’s a lot of fools both students and parents. Do you really think that? If so, no wonder UM enrollment is declining.

CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:

That may be. But, you won't ever find someone who thinks Forbes is the authority over USNWR. For better or worse, that's the "real" ranking. Why do I feel like I've said this before? Why do I feel like you cannot grasp that the point I'm making has nothing to do with the one you're attempting to make?

The reality is CDA, is it doesn’t matter who you think the authority is. The proof is in the results and MSU is kicking UM’s butt. Rankings in failing magazines don’t mean krap. What counts is results. Students and parents feel MSU is the better school. That is reality.

bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

The reality is CDA, is it doesn’t matter who you think the authority is. The proof is in the results and MSU is kicking UM’s butt. Rankings in failing magazines don’t mean krap. What counts is results. Students and parents feel MSU is the better school. That is reality.

UM is ranked higher in the only ranking that matters, you fucking dunce. How hard is that to understand? The only point you initially made was that MSU was ranked higher in a ranking nobody cares about. Maybe enroll in a UM logic class. That could really help you.

bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Yep, another Friday night just before 10:00 pm. Wash down the weeks troubles with 4 Icehouse 5.5' tallboys, crank up some Brad Paisley, sit down in the nicest chair in the double-wide and log onto e-Griz.

Ursa Major said:
bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:

Yep, another Friday night just before 10:00 pm. Wash down the weeks troubles with 4 Icehouse 5.5' tallboys, crank up some Brad Paisley, sit down in the nicest chair in the double-wide and log onto e-Griz.

Why the hell are you drinking Asshouse??? Steel Reserve is where it’s at!

Kidding. Holy shit am I kidding. I need another IPA...

I believe Ursa was suggesting that’s how 33 ends his week.

I know for a fact Ursa drinks 4 Loco to get ripped up.

CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:

UM is ranked higher in the only ranking that matters, you f***[*] dunce. How hard is that to understand? The only point you initially made was that MSU was ranked higher in a ranking nobody cares about. Maybe enroll in a UM logic class. That could really help you.

The only dunce is you, CDA. You must have taken one of those UM logic classes. What matters is how students and parents view the quality of the school and where they subsequently enroll. Apparently they do not agree with USNWR as they are choosing MSU by a very wide margin.

EverettGriz said:
I believe Ursa was suggesting that’s how 33 ends his week.

I know for a fact Ursa drinks 4 Loco to get ripped up.

Everett is of course correct. I only drink Four Loko Watermelon. A night with Watermelon Four Loko is like a summer fling – always unpredictable and the memories last forever.

I think. :|

Back