• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana v. Montana Tech

oh man that was ugly Tech was the better team and deserved to win. What was that last possession hand of way up high with 3 seconds left. Vasquez looks like he wants no part of things right now.

CleanHOUSE said:
oh man that was ugly Tech was the better team and deserved to win. What was that last possession hand of way up high with 3 seconds left. Vasquez looks like he wants no part of things right now.

Yep, I thought the same thing. Vazquez needs to be aggressive there drive and kick. His awkward hand off to sayeed left no room for a good shot.

Coaches need to look inward
This team looks ragged and sloppy
2 possessions after timeouts at end of game and both turnovers. Plays out of timeouts is on coach as much as players

Surprised by this loss but struggled to see this team as Top 4 in the BSC. They lost so much and are so young. Looking for growth of the young guys from here on out and see how they look at the end of the season.

AZGrizFan said:
Griz looked slow. Plodding. Out of synch. Discombobulated.

Can’t think of any other words. Disinterested?

I was at the game, in row 1, and I didn't think the Griz were any of those things.

Tech played a good game, and shot extremely well, especially from 3. Did what they had to do down the stretch, when behind. Tech had several good players.

Griz had too many turnovers, again, and some key turnovers at the end, by veteran players.

Anderson was in foul trouble and hardly played in the second half. That hurt. Griz are very young. And the vets can't do it all by themselves.

Owen has a great free-throw shooting stroke. Think he was 10-10. Manuel had a nice game and scored about 25.

UM stats must have quit working at halftime, as no stats anywhere, including on the screen at the game.

UM needs more horses. Samuelson, who was possibly going to play, was icing his knee as the game began. And never left the bench.

Is that bigger transfer from Towson supposed to be good?

The frosh are all athletic. Egan was really knocking down the 3's in warm ups, and then probably didn't shoot a 3 in the game.

Pridgett was up and down, and needs some help. He was drawing a lot of attention.

Falls came in the game for Vasquez at about 90 seconds. Played almost the rest of the half. Started the second half and played the whole half, I believe. He had too many turnovers too, but most of them weren't bad ones. A supposed charge after a nice pass. A couple passes that looked good, but were slightly off and need to be threaded. Falls had a couple beautiful steals, as well as a key 3 later in the game. Without Falls, UM would have lost by double figures.

I would have had Falls bring the ball up the court at the end of the game.

I thought the team hustled and worked on D.

Could have used Rorie. Got a ways to go. The team will improve as the season goes on. How much may depend on what the two guys not playing will bring, combined with what the frosh can learn.

The refs, especially one, had periods of time when they needed to put their whistles away. Totally threw off the ryhythm of the game, for both teams and the fans.

Monte, the dance team and the cheer squad were very good. So was the band.

Guess we should have remembered Mid majors don’t win with freshman
Hopefully in January we are a different team

GrizSteve said:
Coaches need to look inward
This team looks ragged and sloppy
2 possessions after timeouts at end of game and both turnovers. Plays out of timeouts is on coach as much as players

A bad inbounds pass by the best player and a senior is on the coaches? A TO by the best player going to the hoop is on the coaches?

Can you explain why those things are on the coaches?

GrizSteve said:
They design the inbounds plays
They drill the team in practice
Team game and coaches are part of the team

And players play the game and sometimes fail to execute correctly. Pridgett is a senior. I don't know how you could possibly blame either of his late turnovers on the coaches.

There are twelve Griz on scholarship this year. Three of them are ineligible due to transfer rules. Samuelson is still out due to a knee issue. That leaves eight scholarship players. Four of them are freshmen and one of then (Anderson) is a very raw sophomore. The rough beginning is not a surprise and I am willing to be patient. Travis has more than earned this. This team will get better as the year goes on. The return of Samuelson and Yagi (in January) should help considerably.

This is why you don't schedule NAIA or lower division teams.
There isn't an excuse for a loss like this. I hope Travis chewed ass. I'll leave it at for now. I'm too upset to post rationally.

Tech was 10-19 from 3. Most contested. Griz were 4-10. Falls was 2-3 from 3.

Griz shot 53%. Tech in 40s. Griz out rebounded Tech. Tech had way more assists

Manuel, Pridgett and Falls played most of game. 39 and 48 minutes. Anderson was plus 5 and Falls was plus 4.

Manuel was 9-15 and 1-5. Pridgett 5-10. Falls 4-6

Falls had 5 TO and 3 steals. At least, 2 for dunks.

Vasquez didn’t shoot and had 3 TO in 16 min.

Anderson fouled out in 13 min.

PlayerRep said:
Tech was 10-19 from 3. Most contested. Griz were 4-10. Falls was 2-3 from 3.

Griz shot 53%. Tech in 40s. Griz out rebounded Tech. Tech had way more assists

Manuel, Pridgett and Falls played most of game. 39 and 48 minutes. Anderson was plus 5 and Falls was plus 4.

Manuel was 9-15 and 1-5. Pridgett 5-10. Falls 4-6

Falls had 5 TO and 3 steals. At least, 2 for dunks.

Vasquez didn’t shoot and had 3 TO in 16 min.

Anderson fouled out in 13 min.

You still watching lowly NAIA basketball?

Never thought I’d ever see the day that my Diggers would beat the Grizzlies.

And sadly I was sleeping.

Back