• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Missoulian to increase focus on MSU athletics, readers need to grow up

kyle_sample said:
dayday said:
montanaguy said:
griz4life said:
MSU is Montana's largest university. It has 16k students. UM has 9k? That's not just an enrollment difference, it's an alumni difference as we wrap up a decade of MSU turning out substantially more graduates than UM.
The numbers don't support UM being The Team for Montana, not now, not 10 years from now as UM continues to shrink.
This is the end result of liberal 'progressives' at UM championing feminist studies, social justice, indian studies and a myriad of bs classes and degrees that have no bearing on the economic value of a degree (and being able to pay off student loans related to said 'degree'); i.e. a real job that can support an individual in the world. (other than learning to write grants to fund more progressive bs). Cue up the emotional thinkers to scream about this.

We get it you’re mad at the Missoulian. I have had my frustrations with them but I think you’re missing the issue with Lee Enterprises.

However, I do take issue with these small minded comments. I have “bs” degrees and do more than just fine economically. There is economic value in not being a sexist, racist or an overall d*ck but what do I know.

I also studied a liberal arts major and it's worked out for me. The company I work for hands good, high-paying jobs to tons on liberal arts majors -- a lot of them graduates of UM

So you work for Lee newspapers? 😂😂😂

montanaguy said:
kyle_sample said:
dayday said:
montanaguy said:
This is the end result of liberal 'progressives' at UM championing feminist studies, social justice, indian studies and a myriad of bs classes and degrees that have no bearing on the economic value of a degree (and being able to pay off student loans related to said 'degree'); i.e. a real job that can support an individual in the world. (other than learning to write grants to fund more progressive bs). Cue up the emotional thinkers to scream about this.

We get it you’re mad at the Missoulian. I have had my frustrations with them but I think you’re missing the issue with Lee Enterprises.

However, I do take issue with these small minded comments. I have “bs” degrees and do more than just fine economically. There is economic value in not being a sexist, racist or an overall d*ck but what do I know.

I also studied a liberal arts major and it's worked out for me. The company I work for hands good, high-paying jobs to tons on liberal arts majors -- a lot of them graduates of UM

One of the top tech companies in Missoula. Lots of six figure salaries.

PlayerRep said:
montanaguy said:
kyle_sample said:
dayday said:

That’s interesting. If true, they must be building their business laterally away from the diminishing newsprint business.

In answer to a poster above, no I’m not “mad at the Missoulian “. Coverage of MSU sports makes perfect business sense to me. I personally read those articles when I pick up the paper occasionally at work. Always curious what the other MT university is doing.

montanaguy said:
PlayerRep said:
montanaguy said:
kyle_sample said:

That’s interesting. If true, they must be building their business laterally away from the diminishing newsprint business.

Kyle doesn't work at the Missoulian. Both he and Jack are referring to a large private tech company in Missoula that is growing and employs many UM alum.

https://missoulian.com/news/local/missoula-s-cognizant-atg-hires-entire-class-of-university-of/article_bc71d30f-c8cc-52ac-a1ba-3c2e57928750.html

Back