• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Mellott injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
ElrodGrizzly said:
Robsnotes4u said:
Too bad for Troy landing in the NFL.

Players like that want to be out there. They want the ball.

And sometimes it is a coach's job to reel that instinct in rather than trash his body. Yea, he landed in the NFL. He's still young. Its a shame he is going to deal with more pain and lack of mobility as he ages, though, all so that the cats could run him into the middle of the line for a two yard gain over and over.

When you have substance abuse issues, it's often difficult to care about the well-being of others.

EverettGriz said:
ElrodGrizzly said:
And sometimes it is a coach's job to reel that instinct in rather than trash his body. Yea, he landed in the NFL. He's still young. Its a shame he is going to deal with more pain and lack of mobility as he ages, though, all so that the cats could run him into the middle of the line for a two yard gain over and over.

When you have substance abuse issues, it's often difficult to care about the well-being of others.

easy now, at least they aren't selling meth anymore

Irish$$$ said:
Mellott has a compression fracture of his tibia. Will most likely be out another 3-5 weeks.

I heard it was a patellar subluxation and this makes that seem more likely.
https://twitter.com/MSUBobcats_FB/status/1704557558852436408?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1704557558852436408%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

I hope Mellott heals up and recovers quickly. He is a class act. Going to be interesting to see how Chamber’s does the next few games. He is no rookie, but if he has to pass under pressure things could get interesting.

AZGrizFan said:
UncleRico said:
Chambers is good. Smart move to bring him in. He’s played college football as long as Andy Dalton has played in the NFL. But seriously he is very good.

Can’t be longer than Ferris State’s QB…this was his 8th year.

The griz 1st string qb. Last year was 25 years old.

ElrodGrizzly said:
HookedonGriz said:
The drunk cats coaches are personally responsible for injuring him. If I was Mellott or his family I’d be livid. They were doing fake handoffs to him about 10 different times vs SDSU allowing defenders to absolutely tee off on him. You can see where he gets hurt directly from one of those plays. Just dumb as poop and directly on the coaches.

It is their culture to run their players into the ground and not care about what happens to their bodies. Look what they did to Troy Anderson. His junior season they would have him limp out onto the field and run him straight up the middle, then limp back off of the field. They didn't care then, and they don't care about Tommy now. Win at all costs, even when the costs are real kids who put their faith in the coaching staff to look out for them.

Pretty sure troy anderson was happy with his decision to go to msu,.

Winning record against the griz, chance to play in the national championship game, and a 2nd round draft choice in the nfl draft...

Seems like a pretty good decision to me.

BigGameBobby said:
Glass houses,. Go read the Krakauer book. #rapeU

Not that it matters, but perhaps you should look into the numbers at both institutions of higher learning. I have no idea what the numbers are, but it’s always possible that your school isn’t perfect, either.

AllWeatherFan said:
BigGameBobby said:

Not that it matters, but perhaps you should look into the numbers at both institutions of higher learning. I have no idea what the numbers are, but it’s always possible that your school isn’t perfect, either.

As you probably know, the Krakauer book wasn’t accurate. And it implicated only 1 athlete. During that period of time, Bozeman and MSU had more sexual assaults than Missoula and UM.

Irish$$$ said:
Mellott has a compression fracture of his tibia. Will most likely be out another 3-5 weeks.

What I heard as well. The cats coaches letting him get teed off on time after time with fake handoffs was a terrible decision. Some of the worst coaching decisions I’ve actually seen.

AllWeatherFan said:
BigGameBobby said:

I mean he cited a book that has since been proven to be based off of rumors that were untrue. Tells you as much as you need to know about that poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back