• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Mellott injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
mthoopsfan said:
thirdandlong said:
Why do you always throw the betting thing around when someone disagrees with you? Do you think it makes you look smarter? Not. You would never pay-off anyway, so just stifle that B.S.

I like to make money.

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ you must have lost a lot of money since booby came back. Hopefully you bet on the gris finishing 6th in the Big Sky that would have played well since gris are always pre season national champs.

Ursus1 said:
He will be back sooner than predicted. And it wonā€™t matter against the Griz the other guy is easily good enough to run that offense right through a 3-5

You may be right, except for one thing. The assumption that either QB will be healthy at that point in the season. MSU is going to run a gauntlet with all of their road games against tough teams. Not to mention, for as much as they run the call, one or both QBā€™s is going to get banged up. I hope neither does but the probability is high. Look what happened to the Griz the last few years. Just part of the game anymore.

Copper Griz said:
Ursus1 said:
He will be back sooner than predicted. And it wonā€™t matter against the Griz the other guy is easily good enough to run that offense right through a 3-5

You may be right, except for one thing. The assumption that either QB will be healthy at that point in the season. MSU is going to run a gauntlet with all of their road games against tough teams. Not to mention, for as much as they run the call, one or both QBā€™s is going to get banged up. I hope neither does but the probability is high. Look what happened to the Griz the last few years. Just part of the game anymore.

Yes a big possibility, but I think if either QB is healthy it is enough and most likely one at least will be.
That is why I am willing to make my above stated wager with Hoops (he just must not have enough true confidence in Bobby 2.0 to take the bet). He asked for a bet, I posted stakes, he has not agreed . I think this all talk/no walk shows how much he really believes in Bobby 2.0 is far less than he posts. Oh well.

BigGameBobby said:
mthoopsfan said:
I like to make money.

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ you must have lost a lot of money since booby came back. Hopefully you bet on the gris finishing 6th in the Big Sky that would have played well since gris are always pre season national champs.

He's a liar and doesn't pay anyway.

Copper Griz said:
Ursus1 said:

Mellott seems to be a bit of a China Doll. Not good for a running QB.

Weā€™ve seen this year after year. Running QBs just donā€™t last in football. They get banged up and have a target on their back more than other players. I hate to see anyone injured. Tommy is a good kid. But the way the cats offense is set up is running. They donā€™t throw the ball much and neither of them are great passers. They ā€œcanā€ throw but itā€™s not their specialty. With a solid defense and you eliminate that running ability, they wonā€™t have much else.

Mellott is out for 5 or 6 weeks. I personally do not think he is a china doll but I think he has a mentality that drives him to take d players head on and that rarely ends well. Probably a coaching thing as much as anything. Be interesting and I don't want it to happen but if Chambers goes down because he tries to run over someone how is their 3rd string guy? I did see him play on Saturday and he had a few nice throws but was like 7/13. I actually think chambers is a good passer but not great by any means. I hope both teams are 100% come the middle of November.

Honestly Ferris reminded me a bit of the Cats, a smashmouth running team that can throw the ball a little bit. I was happy to see the Griz tighten-up on the option in the second half and blow up some plays in the backfield. It gives me at least a little hope the Griz can maybe hold their own against the "wild cats".

Grisly Fan said:
Honestly Ferris reminded me a bit of the Cats, a smashmouth running team that can throw the ball a little bit. I was happy to see the Griz tighten-up on the option in the second half and blow up some plays in the backfield. It gives me at least a little hope the Griz can maybe hold their own against the "wild cats".

Ferris was a much better passing team than bozeman. I do see the plus one running stuff. You beat them by keeping their offense on the sidelines, not leaving it to the defense to win the day.

Iā€™m told a torn meniscus, which is apparently quite painful and takes time to heal since it has no blood supply.

grizfnz said:
Iā€™m told a torn meniscus, which is apparently quite painful and takes time to heal since it has no blood supply.

If it is a torn meniscus, I would be shocked if he saw the field again for any amount of time this season. Especially since he is a running QB. Medicine has advanced since I tore mine, but I doubt that much. Where is the PT who posts on egriz? Medical opinion please! If in fact this is true diagnosis, which I hope it isnā€™t. Good kid and would hate to see him out. Hopefully medial red shirt if he is.

grizfnz said:

Deep thigh bruise
ACL
Hyper extended knee
Torn ankle ligament
Re-injured ankle injury from Frisco
High ankle sprain
Concussion

And now... torn meniscus. Those are all the injury reports I've heard on Tommy. Tough kid if he ever plays again. LOL

poorgriz said:
grizfnz said:

Deep thigh bruise
ACL
Hyper extended knee
Torn ankle ligament
Re-injured ankle injury from Frisco
High ankle sprain
Concussion

And now... torn meniscus. Those are all the injury reports I've heard on Tommy. Tough kid if he ever plays again. LOL

Don't forget mine, on the lost f-35 jet. Jeez

Copper Griz said:
grizfnz said:

If it is a torn meniscus, I would be shocked if he saw the field again for any amount of time this season. Especially since he is a running QB. Medicine has advanced since I tore mine, but I doubt that much. Where is the PT who posts on egriz? Medical opinion please! If in fact this is true diagnosis, which I hope it isnā€™t. Good kid and would hate to see him out. Hopefully medial red shirt if he is.

Correction: '...WAS a running QB.'

I only care about whether Mellott is hurt or not so I know how to pick their game in our big sky pickem. Having said that, Vigen said today that Mellott won't play this week and that his injury does not need surgery and does not involve ligaments, for what it's worth. The torn meniscus theory might be accurate...

Copper Griz said:
grizfnz said:

Absolutely could play this year with a torn meniscus. You are correct, terrible blood supply. IF it is fixed and not having a section removed, he isn't playing. That's 6 weeks non weight bearing then slow return etc. If it's a standard arthroscopy, could be back in 5-6 weeks. Looking at that list, though, if he has ALL of those things...AAAAAND is on Brint's jet...probably at least 7 weeks out.

if anyone has the scat/hatter game taped there is a very good shot of him on the side lines calling plays. just watch and you can see something that is pretty telling.

AZDoc said:
Copper Griz said:

Absolutely could play this year with a torn meniscus. You are correct, terrible blood supply. IF it is fixed and not having a section removed, he isn't playing. That's 6 weeks non weight bearing then slow return etc. If it's a standard arthroscopy, could be back in 5-6 weeks. Looking at that list, though, if he has ALL of those things...AAAAAND is on Brint's jet...probably at least 7 weeks out.

Doc - what does a surgery look like when one is on a fighter jet? Seems like it might be pretty tight quarters.

(also smartass posts aside I hope Tommy is ok and not seriously injured)

I've torn both, one a bucket-handle tear, required 60%removal of it and debridement of the posterior horn as well as a nip and tuck here and there, 4 weeks after surgery I was jumping out of planes again with a jump weight of 330lbs. For comparison, strap on some gear until you weigh 330lbs, (some might not need to strap on as much as others...I was about 180lbs bodyweight) then climb a 12 foot ladder and jump off...
I was a bit sore but still able to run the half mile afterwards to the R.P.... Of course, I was 24, so ya....

On the 2nd, I was doing Kenpo 4 days after, so it just depends. I hope the kid's going to be okay, and able to come back later this year.

BWahlberg said:
Doc - what does a surgery look like when one is on a fighter jet? Seems like it might be pretty tight quarters.

(also smartass posts aside I hope Tommy is ok and not seriously injured)

Well, in MY fighter jet, it's tight. Interior seems to have shrunk over the years. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back