• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

McNeese State not eligible for 2020 playoffs

PlayerRep said:
SaskGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:
If you become eligible for the playoffs by breaking the rules, I do not think that is good for the FCS or any division or sport. BTW, I am far from an everyone gets a ribbon guy!

My comment on McNeese had nothing to do with the NCAA rules.

You don't understand FCS football and don't know who the quality teams/programs have been historically.

What's your evidence that McNeese's "breaking the rules" would result in them making the playoffs? I know you have none. You just made up a connection that doesn't exist. Yet another dumb comment.

I think you are a young pup and appear to be a big baby. You think saying an anonymous post is "personal" is just plain dumb.

You are certainly an everyone gets a ribbon poster. You think that no one should challenge your posts. You want your posts to get a ribbon.
100%, he might have posted on a thread about NCAA rules but if you think for a minute his post is about NCAA rules you are a young pup, big baby, ribbon poster, and just plain dumb. His post was about their food, if you can't see that you have obviously never played the game.

So, do you think FCS is better with McNeese being playoff eligible, or not being eligible? That is the sole question.

I know you are butt hurt because I disagree with some of your posts, but could you just answer the question? Yes or no.

Also, the thread was not about NCAA rules. It was about McNeese not being eligible for the playoffs. Nothing in the thread title mentions ncca rules.

Some of you can't read. Don"t have any understanding of logic. I sometimes wonder how some of you get around every day in life.

I think that any team not being eligible for the playoffs hurts the FCS, but not if it comes at the expense of breaking the rules. I don't think that those breaking the rules that apply to everyone else being ineligible for the playoffs hurts the entire FCS.

MikeyGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
SaskGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
My comment on McNeese had nothing to do with the NCAA rules.

You don't understand FCS football and don't know who the quality teams/programs have been historically.

What's your evidence that McNeese's "breaking the rules" would result in them making the playoffs? I know you have none. You just made up a connection that doesn't exist. Yet another dumb comment.

I think you are a young pup and appear to be a big baby. You think saying an anonymous post is "personal" is just plain dumb.

You are certainly an everyone gets a ribbon poster. You think that no one should challenge your posts. You want your posts to get a ribbon.
100%, he might have posted on a thread about NCAA rules but if you think for a minute his post is about NCAA rules you are a young pup, big baby, ribbon poster, and just plain dumb. His post was about their food, if you can't see that you have obviously never played the game.

So, do you think FCS is better with McNeese being playoff eligible, or not being eligible? That is the sole question.

I know you are butt hurt because I disagree with some of your posts, but could you just answer the question? Yes or no.

Also, the thread was not about NCAA rules. It was about McNeese not being eligible for the playoffs. Nothing in the thread title mentions ncca rules.

Some of you can't read. Don"t have any understanding of logic. I sometimes wonder how some of you get around every day in life.

I think that any team not being eligible for the playoffs hurts the FCS, but not if it comes at the expense of breaking the rules. I don't think that those breaking the rules that apply to everyone else being ineligible for the playoffs hurts the entire FCS.

What rule do you think they broke?

PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
SaskGriz said:

As reported: The McNeese football team will be ineligible for postseason play for the 2020 season due to a low Academic Progress Rate (APR). The school announced Tuesday that the team’s score didn’t meet the 930 threshold.
“The NCAA added the APR to postseason competition requirements in 2012,” McNeese athletic director Bruce Hemphill said in a release. “Teams lose access to postseason competition the first they earn a multi-year APR below 930.”

MikeyGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

As reported: The McNeese football team will be ineligible for postseason play for the 2020 season due to a low Academic Progress Rate (APR). The school announced Tuesday that the team’s score didn’t meet the 930 threshold.
“The NCAA added the APR to postseason competition requirements in 2012,” McNeese athletic director Bruce Hemphill said in a release. “Teams lose access to postseason competition the first they earn a multi-year APR below 930.”

It's not a rule that can be "broken". It's a "requirement" for playoff eligibility. Like the old 7 D-I win rule, which was a requirement for eligibility. Did you ever hear anyone say that Montana/Montana St broke the "rule" for 7 D-I playoffs wins and can't go to the playoffs this year?

I don't know the details of McNeese's APR issue, but I'm not so sure that losing APR points because scholarship player transfers/quits and doesn't have a 2.6 gpa is "cheating" for purposes of anything including for being eligible for the playoffs.

Okay, playing your semantics game, I change all of my "breaking the rules" comments to "not meeting the requirements".

Back