• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

McNeese State not eligible for 2020 playoffs

PlayerRep said:
SubGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Do you have any basis for saying no one cared? Do you not think allowing seniors to transfer and not being eligible hurts recruiting and contributes to the decline of the program? Do you not think FCS needs more strong programs?
Are we talking about this year, when they weren't eligible because they didn't win enough, or next year, when they won't be eligible because they didn't study enough? I didn't see any hand-winging about the future of their program this year. What's the difference?

We're talking each year. Would the Griz being ineligible for playoffs be a negative for FCS football?
For FCS football in general? No. A single team's eligibility is 1/124th of the equation for the FCS as a whole.

I want to know more about the food. How do you judge the food of a football team? I mean what are the top ten teams when ranked by food? How does one go about judging the food of football teams? Is the food of FBS schools better than FCS or does say Carroll in NAIA have a chance to beat the likes of say LSU when it comes to food? Hmmm

Allezchat said:
I want to know more about the food. How do you judge the food of a football team? I mean what are the top ten teams when ranked by food? How does one go about judging the food of football teams? Is the food of FBS schools better than FCS or does say Carroll in NAIA have a chance to beat the likes of say LSU when it comes to food? Hmmm
Based on physical appearance and gross tonnage, the NDSU fan base is the authoritative source for food rankings.

PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:
How does this hurt FCS football?

One of the best, and storied, and fun, teams, which has great food, won't have a shot at the playoffs. UM and many other schools and fans love McNeese.

I still don't see how this hurts FCS football. Hurts McNeese for awhile, possibly their conference if they win enough and aren't eligible to fill a slot, but the whole FCS?

My wife is from Lake Charles, so I know all about the food! Get lots of it at home!

How does hurting the conference not hurt FCS football? It's more than that, but you pretty much just admitted that it hurt FCS football.

Hurting one conference (that is not historically strong in the playoffs) is a long stretch from hurting the entire FCS. By your reasoning, restricting any team in this fashion would hurt the entire FCS. Just don't agree. The rules were put into place for a reason and not enforcing those rules would hurt those that comply even more.

MikeyGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
One of the best, and storied, and fun, teams, which has great food, won't have a shot at the playoffs. UM and many other schools and fans love McNeese.

I still don't see how this hurts FCS football. Hurts McNeese for awhile, possibly their conference if they win enough and aren't eligible to fill a slot, but the whole FCS?

My wife is from Lake Charles, so I know all about the food! Get lots of it at home!

How does hurting the conference not hurt FCS football? It's more than that, but you pretty much just admitted that it hurt FCS football.

Hurting one conference (that is not historically strong in the playoffs) is a long stretch from hurting the entire FCS. By your reasoning, restricting any team in this fashion would hurt the entire FCS. Just don't agree. The rules were put into place for a reason and not enforcing those rules would hurt those that comply even more.

You obviously don’t know the history of McNeese and McNeese with the Griz and Griz fans, nor the other strong teams in their conference in the past. Great respect. Great tailgating.

My comment had nothing to do with the rules. I said not having McNeese eligible for playoff hurts FCS. It does. You don’t understand FCS football.

You often make dumb comments. Probably young and dumb.

MikeyGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

I am fine with ncaa academic rules generally, but can you explain this comment of yours: “not enforcing those rules would hurt those that comply even more.” How would it hurt those who comply even more?

PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:

You obviously don’t know the history of McNeese and McNeese with the Griz and Griz fans, nor the other strong teams in their conference in the past. Great respect. Great tailgating.

My comment had nothing to do with the rules. I said not having McNeese eligible for playoff hurts FCS. It does. You don’t understand FCS football.

Just couldn't help yourself from making it petty and personal could you? So predictable, if somebody disagrees with you, you resort to this line.

PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:

I am fine with ncaa academic rules generally, but can you explain this comment of yours: “not enforcing those rules would hurt those that comply even more.” How would it hurt those who comply even more?

Before I answer that, could you explain your reasoning for the purpose of the rule in the first place?

MikeyGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

Just couldn't help yourself from making it petty and personal could you? So predictable, if somebody disagrees with you, you resort to this line.

"My view is why should anyone be mocked?" This is a direct quote of PR's on another thread posted with in the last two days. I am sure he has criteria.

PlayerRep said:
We're talking each year. Would the Griz being ineligible for playoffs be a negative for FCS football?

You turds missing the previous three years had zero effect on the playoffs. Zero people outside missoula cared.

ATLCAT said:
PlayerRep said:

You turds missing the previous three years had zero effect on the playoffs. Zero people outside missoula cared.

Not true. Had an impact on FCS. Many people outside of Missoula noticed, and cared.

Feel free to name anyone, other than a Cat fan, who cared or noticed that the Cats were in the playoffs this year.

Cats going to playoffs has minimum impact on FCS. Most people assume the Griz are in the playoffs, not the Cats.

The Griz will be back to kicking the Cats ass next year.

You are a troll and an idiot. You alway have been.

Forgive me if there's something deeper going on here. Jesus. But... PlayerRep has a point.

A strong FCS is one with not only relevant programs, but fans in the stands, particularly in the postseason. There are incredible fanbases and traditional powers that have gotten shadowed by NDSU's run in the last few years. And we lost two of the best in recent years: App State and Georgia Southern.

They're no more deserving than the others but you can't deny that FCS is a lot more fun when teams & fans of these programs are in the mix. And god knows the whole league benefits from their revenue. The Southland and SoCon used to be terrors.

In that same regard, you can't deny that msu's renewed relevance is better for FCS too.

503Griz said:
Forgive me if there's something deeper going on here. Jesus. But... PlayerRep has a point.

A strong FCS is one with not only relevant programs, but fans in the stands, particularly in the postseason. There are incredible fanbases and traditional powers that have gotten shadowed by NDSU's run in the last few years. And we lost two of the best in recent years: App State and Georgia Southern.

They're no more deserving than the others but you can't deny that FCS is a lot more fun when teams & fans of these programs are in the mix. And god knows the whole league benefits from their revenue. The Southland and SoCon used to be terrors.

In that same regard, you can't deny that msu's renewed relevance is better for FCS too.

Yup. Seemed so obvious to me. Better articulated by you.

Mikey, note that McNeese has the no. 15 winning percentage in the above list. Ahead of UM and MSU. Not many of the power FCS programs above McNeese in that list.

MikeyGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

Nothing petty about the post. Just direct. You must have thin skin, or perhaps are an everyone gets a ribbon guy. If you can't take having someone on the internet saying a post is dumb, perhaps you should stay off the internet. Look at 503's post above. Why don't you learn something instead of making posts like you just did.

PlayerRep said:
ATLCAT said:
PlayerRep said:

Not true. Had an impact on FCS. Many people outside of Missoula noticed, and cared.

Feel free to name anyone, other than a Cat fan, who cared or noticed that the Cats were in the playoffs this year.

Cats going to playoffs has minimum impact on FCS. Most people assume the Griz are in the playoffs, not the Cats.

The Griz will be back to kicking the Cats ass next year.

You are a troll and an idiot. You alway have been.

"My view is why should anyone be mocked?" This is a direct quote of PR's on another thread posted with in the last two days. I am sure he has criteria.

I think his criteria is that he is always right and if you disagree with him, you are a poopie-head!

PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:

Nothing petty about the post. Just direct. You must have thin skin, or perhaps are an everyone gets a ribbon guy. If you can't take having someone on the internet saying a post is dumb, perhaps you should stay off the internet. Look at 503's post above. Why don't you learn something instead of making posts like you just did.

If you become eligible for the playoffs by breaking the rules, I do not think that is good for the FCS or any division or sport. BTW, I am far from an everyone gets a ribbon guy!

McNeese ought to go back in time and utilize a few of these "academic advisors" and "tutors" to get their APR up to that 930 threshold...if memory serves correctly, a few of the schools in this conference were recently in the national news because a few rich bastards were paying off bright kids to take the SATs and admissions personnel. I think they were the schools that made national news for cheating, right?

https://ivyleague.com/news/2019/5/1/general-ivy-league-once-again-leads-ncaa-in-apr-public-recognition-awards.aspx

MikeyGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

If you become eligible for the playoffs by breaking the rules, I do not think that is good for the FCS or any division or sport. BTW, I am far from an everyone gets a ribbon guy!

My comment on McNeese had nothing to do with the NCAA rules.

You don't understand FCS football and don't know who the quality teams/programs have been historically.

What's your evidence that McNeese's "breaking the rules" would result in them making the playoffs? I know you have none. You just made up a connection that doesn't exist. Yet another dumb comment.

I think you are a young pup and appear to be a big baby. You think saying an anonymous post is "personal" is just plain dumb.

You are certainly an everyone gets a ribbon poster. You think that no one should challenge your posts. You want your posts to get a ribbon.

PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:

You don't understand FCS football and don't know who the quality teams/programs have been historically.

What's your evidence that McNeese's "breaking the rules" would result in them making the playoffs? I know you have none. You just made up a connection that doesn't exist. Yet another dumb comment.

I think you are a young pup and appear to be a big baby. You think saying an anonymous post is "personal" is just plain dumb.

You are certainly an everyone gets a ribbon poster. You think that no one should challenge your posts. You want your posts to get a ribbon.
100%, he might have posted on a thread about NCAA rules but if you think for a minute his post is about NCAA rules you are a young pup, big baby, ribbon poster, and just plain dumb. His post was about their food, if you can't see that you have obviously never played the game.

SaskGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

100%, he might have posted on a thread about NCAA rules but if you think for a minute his post is about NCAA rules you are a young pup, big baby, ribbon poster, and just plain dumb. His post was about their food, if you can't see that you have obviously never played the game.

So, do you think FCS is better with McNeese being playoff eligible, or not being eligible? That is the sole question.

I know you are butt hurt because I disagree with some of your posts, but could you just answer the question? Yes or no.

Also, the thread was not about NCAA rules. It was about McNeese not being eligible for the playoffs. Nothing in the thread title mentions ncca rules.

Some of you can't read. Don"t have any understanding of logic. I sometimes wonder how some of you get around every day in life.

Back