• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lunch

grizpsych said:
MrTitleist said:
I can't believe people here think Notorious PIG is good and is actual BBQ. lol

That said, how has -no one- even mentioned Charlie B's? For god sakes, if anything this crew of misfits should know that's always top of the list for great local dives.

I'll admit that I don't like Notorious BIG either. But to say they are not BBQ is ridiculous. The owner is the from St Louis and grew up in his parents BBQ joints. And, all of their smokers were made in Cape Girardeau, MO where I live--they are the most sought after cookers of BBQ in the USA.

With that said, the best BBQ I've ever had was in Wallace Idaho--off of the old I-90 path. Wish you could have tried it but it looks like they turned the restaurant into Cogs Gastropub.
Mid west bbq will bring on diabetes. WAAAY too sweet...

wwwingman said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Help me out. I've never had it. I checked out their website and it looked legit. That said, I'm an admitted BBQ snob and I hate when things only look legit, so I scrolled their insta until I saw what I didn't want to see: Kitchen BBQ locker-style pits. I know it can still be very tasty, but I was really hoping to see a giant offset.

Side note: the best I've ever had is Lewis in Charleston, SC. https://lewisbarbecue.com/
I've never been to Franklin. The line was ridiculous every time I've tried.
There's a place called Rudy's in Austin that I thought was excellent.
Haven't had anything good back home, so I was stoked about P.I.G. (I'm still going to try it).
I'd be interested to hear from AZ and out Texas friends on how I'm wrong about Lewis. ;)

Franklins here in Austin is good but ungodly expensive and the line isn't worth the wait.. except maybe once.
The very best of bbq in the Palmetto State in the Midlands...Orangeburg has two of the best...none of that syrupy mid west stuff...Still, in Charleston, y'all can't go wrong, generally speakin'..

GrizLA said:
wwwingman said:
Franklins here in Austin is good but ungodly expensive and the line isn't worth the wait.. except maybe once.
The very best of bbq in the Palmetto State in the Midlands...Orangeburg has two of the best...none of that syrupy mid west stuff...Still, in Charleston, y'all can't go wrong, generally speakin'..and, it's all you can eat for $11.00 and that includes iced tea...

liquid lunch.....the University of Montana Brewing Science crew has a Brauenbären “Brew Bears” German-style Hefeweizen at Draught Works Brewery :thumb:
https://www.draughtworksbrewery.com/beer/brauenbaren-german-style-hefeweizen/

kemajic said:
bigskyguy said:
El Diablo burritos, not fancy but good.
The Matador burrito at the Riverside Grill in Bonner is hard to beat. And so large, it's hard to finish in one sitting.
Thank, will definitely have to try it, it’s on the way home.
Plus El Diablo has been closed on Saturdays.

Back