• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Large number of Idaho FB players involved in brawl; lineman sucker punches son of large donor

Found the blotter. I have never looked into stuff like this before, so help me out. Which of these is the case number --

24-M01058 Citizen Dispute

MOSCOW ID 83843

Also, found an article with some more information. Turns out a few kids were treated by EMTs at the scene.

"Moscow Police responded near campus just before 11 p.m. because of a “large fight” with multiple people, according to a dispatch report. Moscow Police Cpt. Tyson Berrett said witnesses reported many of the people involved were football players.

The fight took place at a party with nearly 100 people attending, Berrett said. Two to three students were treated by EMTs at the scene. The department is currently questioning people who are a part of the athletic program and reviewing video footage of the night, Berrett said. No one had been arrested or charged as of Friday."
@ElrodGrizzly My guess is it is the bolded above - I imagine the digits after "MOSCOW ID" is the zip code....unless you knew that and I missed the sarcasm. ;)

I don't know why I hadn't thought of this before, but Julian Assange just got sprung. Lots of free time on his hands, and his digging for information skills are well documented. Maybe he could uncover the Moscow coverup.🤔 At the very least, he could be YOUR 'Deep Throat,' Elrod. Your role could be played by the Robert Redford of the movies, whenever it hits the silver screen. Think of it!👍

Last edited:
I don't know why I hadn't thought of this before, but Julian Assange just got sprung. Lots of free time on his hands, and his digging for information skills are well documented. Maybe he could uncover the Moscow coverup.🤔 At the very least, he could be YOUR 'Deep Throat,' Elrod. Your role could be played by the Robert Redford of the movies, whenever it hits the silver screen. Think of it!👍
I see myself as more of a Ryan Reynolds. I don't think I can smolder quite as well as a young Redford. ;)

Much of the information, or misinformation, comes from an email from the fundraiser’s organizer. Obviously, she wasn’t at the fight.

SOME ski masks and broken pvc pipe. If the puncher was identified, what’s holding up charges?

“According to an email sent by the chapter’s president, Marg Chipman, a Feb. 10 incident on the UI campus in Moscow involving reportedly “40-45 football players, some wearing ski masks and carrying broken PVC pipes,” was the “direct cause” of the decision to cancel the event.

Moscow police responded to the scene just before 11 p.m. on Feb. 10 because of a “large fight” with multiple people, according to a dispatch report. The big fundraiser has been the biggest “sponsor” of an event that has raised $60,000 in three years.

According to Moscow police captain Tyson Berrett, witnesses at the scene said Idaho football players were involved. EMTs treated two to three students at the scene.

According to the email obtained by the Lewiston Tribune, when the players were told to leave by a senior civil engineering student from Weiser, “one of the defensive linemen (who they all could identify as he was not wearing a mask) sucker-punched him in the face, knocking him out, breaking his nose and causing a concussion.”

The Vandal Summerfest event raised more than $60,000 to the VSF in the last three years, with a goal of another $35,000 in 2024.

The victim’s father was the biggest sponsor during the three years of the event, according to Chipman’s email.”

Chipman is retired rancher who graduates from college in 1967. So, probably 79 now.

It’s not against the law or assault to carry a broken PVC pipe.
I never said it was. However, the fact that a group of young men wearing masks and carrying items that could be used as a weapon, show up at a location where in fact an assault did occur, seems highly suspicious. Not too many people walk around everyday carrying broken PVC pipes. This just seems like a lot more than your average everyday hot head young men fistfight behavior.

Maybe it really wasn't as big of a deal as it was made out to be, there's a lot of suspicious things in this story that no one seems to be seriously investigating.

I see myself as more of a Ryan Reynolds. I don't think I can smolder quite as well as a young Redford. ;)
I knew 'All the President's Men' was an old Redford movie, but I just checked, and it was released in 1976. The movie is older than Ryan Reynolds. Whatever you do, DON'T look up Redford's picture. He's almost 88, and looks like every day of it. 😱

I wear my PVC pipe in a Tactical Holster.

It has been 141 days since Round Two, 'The Sucker Punch,' and Police/EMT involvement. At this point, the MPD/UI 'Investigation' has all the credibility of the MSdUi/Bozeman PD/Gallatin Prosecutor's Office 'investigation' which previewed last year.

I doubt those treated by the EMTs considered Round Two trivial, especially Timmy, Timmy's Father, or Toys Fathers Lawyer. If the event was important enough for Law Enforcement/EMS involvement there HAS to be a paper trail. Someone, or some parties(no pun intended), has to be covering this up, otherwise the puncher would have been charged by now, at the very least.

I never said it was. However, the fact that a group of young men wearing masks and carrying items that could be used as a weapon, show up at a location where in fact an assault did occur, seems highly suspicious. Not too many people walk around everyday carrying broken PVC pipes. This just seems like a lot more than your average everyday hot head young men fistfight behavior.

Maybe it really wasn't as big of a deal as it was made out to be, there's a lot of suspicious things in this story that no one seems to be seriously investigating.
I think it might’ve been a bunch of off-duty plumbers out on the town. They were roaming around the mean streets of Moscow just taking some supplies home from the job site and keeping their heads and faces warm, and boom, they get mistaken for FB players after the brawl during which Hal, the foreman who smokes Parliaments even when he’s dealing with copper, socked a guy right in the kisser. It might be more of a local plumbing union issue than an athletic issue. We will likely never know. Freakin’ Hal, though. 🙄

I wear my PVC pipe in a Tactical Holster.

It has been 141 days since Round Two, 'The Sucker Punch,' and Police/EMT involvement. At this point, the MPD/UI 'Investigation' has all the credibility of the MSdUi/Bozeman PD/Gallatin Prosecutor's Office 'investigation' which previewed last year.

I doubt those treated by the EMTs considered Round Two trivial, especially Timmy, Timmy's Father, or Toys Fathers Lawyer. If the event was important enough for Law Enforcement/EMS involvement there HAS to be a paper trail. Someone, or some parties(no pun intended), has to be covering this up, otherwise the puncher would have been charged by now, at the very least.p
No one could be “covering this up”. The incident and many facts are out and known. There has to be something, like conflicting, contradictory and-or unknown facts, that is causing the police and prosecutors not to charge anyone. Note that most of the publicly known info is coming from only one side. I assume some of the players have good attorneys saying things that are keeping authorities from bringing charges. I can’t think of what else could be holding things up. I don’t judge legal things from what only one side is saying.

What if the "identified" d-lineman who threw the punches, was not at the fight? Or wasn't at the front of the fight? What if 2 different big guys have been "identified" as throwing those punches? What if the guy who threw the punches had no marks or damages on his knuckles/fist?

Where was the fight? Inside or outside? Wasn't it nighttime?

What if the "identified" d-lineman who threw the punches, was not at the fight? Or wasn't at the front of the fight? What if 2 different big guys have been "identified" as throwing those punches? What if the guy who threw the punches had no marks or damages on his knuckles/fist?

Where was the fight? Inside or outside? Wasn't it nighttime?
If I know Hal like I think I do, this one was likely outside. He’s not much of an indoorsman.

No charges will be filed, says Moscow City Prosecutor. It's in today's Spokesman Review, a Alexandra Duggan article. '...insufficient evidence...'
🙄

Everyone, please hear me out on this: What if this time it actually was aliens? We knew they were in play when MSdUi fans were claiming “due-process”, but nobody actually believed it. This time, it could’ve been aliens. Multiple eye witness accounts saying they were FB players don’t mean shit. That’s rookie-level evidence. You have to first disprove that it was aliens before any charges can be brought. I think that’s Idaho law, and it’s a tough hill to climb on a metal desk budget.

Latest posts

Back