• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Joey Thomas first 1AA player taken.

poorgriz said:
Bozgriz said:
Sorry for taking the opposite position on the Joey Thomas deal but I think he is going to struggle in the NFL. He has never been a very smart player, prone to penalties and outbursts, etc. While I am happy to see any player in the Big Sky drafted, even those low life cousin marrying profanity cheering folks in the msunation, I'm not sold on him as even a starter...

My guess is he will be playing WR/DB in the Arena League before 2 seasons are up...

Fact is, the cats are so happy to have anybody going to the next level, they are blinded. :eek:

We're blind? You need to open your eyes Boz :eek: Yes, I'm sure all the NFL analysts were wrong. Joey will never amount to squat in the NFL. Your dislike of the Cats is making you blind, son. Oh, and last time I checked, we had 4 players on NFL rosters? With maybe more on the way? What's up with that?

Lastly, I see you're still upset about those mean ol Bobcat fans saying the work "SHI*" in front of poor little defenseless children, now tainted for life. So tragic... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Nope, stand by my assessment of ole' Joey. Bronco had a photo of cat/Griz a couple years ago with Cordero (I think??) holding JT by the facemask and yelling at him for a 15 yarder that basically gave the Griz 7 on the board. Saw a lot of that over his tenure at msu. Does he have physical talent? ABSOLUTELY! I'm not arguing that point. His being a cat means nothing! If he can get over the other stuff, he has a chance...

(On a side: better check those NFL rosters again. In 2003 I believe that number was very similar to a zero...)

As for the "cheer", I don't care if you yell it in front of kids, grandmothers, or whatever. That isn't my argument. I just think it makes cat fans look stupid...Don't you????? :D

Bozgriz: Looking stupid isn't a long reach for most cat fans. Most accomplish it by walking down the streat. :D

With all that NFL talent in Bozo you'd think they wouldn't have last 11 games the last 2 years. (what is that a bad 5 years for the Griz?)

jagur1 said:
Bozgriz: Looking stupid isn't a long reach for most cat fans. Most accomplish it by walking down the streat. :D

Jag, didn't you ever watch Sesame Streat as a kid? I hear they teach you how to spell there. I'll be expecting an appropriate edit to your post by the end of a day. You can't accuse someone looking dumb and then misspell words, son. Thats just asking for it.

It seems like most college sporting events that I watch these days have a moment where the crowd inevitably starts chanting the "shit" word. I even seem to remember some times where it was heard emanating from Dennis Washington Stadium. The fact that some fans bring it up so frequently leads me to believe that it is more just hurt feelings than it is an objection to the "shit" word.

Our crowd chants the "shit" word, your crowd goes crazy to "Cotton Eye Joe" and idolizes a dancing bear. I don't know about you, but we're about even to me as far as looking stupid goes.

*Edit- Although I do admit that the cheesey, Disney-like "stupidity" that comes out of Msla is more child friendly than the fecal eating "stupidity" that us cat fans holler sometimes.

GavinDonuts.

Spelling mistake was for all cat posters. :D When I referance the cats I try to keep it simple. gud e nuff.

Pointing out spelling is a joke for this board. Who cares and I realize both Griz and kitty fans point out the spelling errors. It is also a joke to compare MrFarland with Thomas on holding. It is apples and oranges. Even with the fraction of times Thomas was called, his penalty calls are off the chart vs. McFarland or anyone else in the league.

nativegriz: the point is that the big sky refs favored thomas and mcfarland. this was mandated by the commish so it wouldn't hurt them in the draft. they both knew this so they cheated because they could get away with it. :eek:

True, Joey had some problems with penalties. The ones that bothered me were not the PI penalties, but the personal fouls he got on occasion for mouthing off too much. I think the brutality of the NFL business world will teach him a quick lesson that such behavior will not be tolerated at that level, and I believe Joey is smart enough to take that message to heart. As for the PI, Coach Kramer sent film of all his penalties to the NCAA to review, and the big boys came back with word that about 75% shouldn't have been called. He had the reverse stigma of refs thinking, "No player could have done that, he must have been interferring..." If you can ever find an NFL game where receivers and DBs aren't grabbing and holding each other all the way down the field, I will retract all my words. Bottom line, you just have to know HOW to do it.

Simply put, Joey may have taken some penalties, but he also hardly ever had any receivers catch balls when he was on them. He came up best in big games. I like his attitude towards the NFL, you can't question his work ethic. I think the family-type atmosphere in Green Bay is the perfect situation for him, and I think he will flourish. I also think McFarland will do well in SF because he will have a great mentor there in Gragg.

Bozo, don't know what McFarland you are referring to in SF, Dylan was drafted by Buffalo.

Also, Thomas had better learn to tackle if he wants to play in the NFL. The guy can cover, no doubt about it, but totally avoids contact when he can! In the NFL you had better have the total package and there isn't one kitty fan that can accurately say Thomas is a great tackler. Maybe he will learn.

Doh! :oops: Don't know why I had it in my head that he was going to SF. I think I must have been thinking about Brent Swaggert, who is going to SF. Well, regardless, I think Dylan will work hard and will end up being a very solid player on whatever team he plays for.

The thing I don't get, and correct me if I'm wrong, is first everyone complains about how Joey holds and interferes on every play. Then you say he is afraid of contact and can't tackle! I don't think I have ever seen Joey shy away from contact. He does need to work on his run tackling, but he never shied away from it. He will be one of the strongest corners on whatever team he is on. Every player in the league has room for improvement.

It looks like Joey is off to a good start.

http://greenbaypressgazette.packersnews.com/archives/news/pack_15931292.shtml

That is a good start. Coaches remember impressive starts like that. Maybe they can trade the higher draft choice and keep Joe.
I hope Joe makes it but then he'll have to clover the likes of Moss in the black and blue division. That will be a tough task.

Back