• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Joey Thomas first 1AA player taken.

poorgriz said:
jagur1 said:
The problem is bronco.
5 Griz fans for every cat fan. You can't find a kid under the age of 16 that is a cat fan. (I'm talking teenagers, not wildrats 5 year old who gets a cat hat jamed on his head and is told to be a cat fan) When was the last time you read in the paper about a kid dreaming to play for the cats. (Hell, most kids in california haven't heard of MSU until Kramer calls) Every year a kid becomes a Grizz in spite of the fact his dad, granddad, uncles played for the cats. I'm afraid in 20 years there will be no cat fans sans the ones that attended MSU. Just like no one is a San Jose state fan unless they went to school at SJSU.

Sorry to rain on your parade fellas, but your comments are waayyy off the mark. Times they be a-changin… No question there are many more Griz fans in the state(mainly bandwagoners but nonetheless) than Bobcat fans. This holds true across the board whether we’re talking men, women, or children. But, now that we’re starting to win a few games, Bobcat interest is gaining momentum. The Griz aren’t the only show in town anymore. The Blue\Gold game in Great Falls this year was a beautiful site. 400+ kids, ranging in age from 7 to 14 having a blast at the Bobcat mini football camp. Along with this comes plenty of bandwagoners, just like you experienced when you went from sucking to winning. That’s OK though, because some of these new fans will grow up to be great Bobcat Football players! Oh, and for the uninformed, we do have quite a few MT kids that happen to be pretty decent football players. I’ve attached a list for your reading pleasure. I’m sure most of these guys were originally Grizzly fans but got talked into being Bobcats by their fathers or Kramer! Just watch the numbers – The # of MT kids on our roster will continue to grow from here on.

Barnhardt, Elliot TE MT/Broadus
Beniger, Brian OL MT/Helena
Birkeland, Brant OG MT/Helena
Boiteau, Claude LB MT/Big Fork
Bolton, Tyler PK MT/Great Falls
Clark, Beau DT MT/Belgrade
Curley, Carson S MT/Stevensville
Curley, Clayton LB MT/Stevensville
Daws, Dusty TE MT/Bozeman
DeCock, Adam OL MT/Harlowton
Elliott, Grant FB MT/Fort Benton
Farley, Doc LB MT/Stevensville
Gilchrist, Nick DE MT/CM Russell
Gluhm, Chad DE MT/Park City
Goodman, Jason TE MT/CM Russell
Judisch, Ross LB MT/Conrad
Marudas, Nick LB MT/Bozeman
McCullough, Matt WR MT/Great Falls
McGuinness, Michael CB MT/Skyview
McInerney, Dan RB MT/Skyview
Mollohan, Mac LB MT/Flathead
Nellermoe, Travis DL MT/Wibaux
O'Connor, Troy DE MT/Plevna-Baker
Ophus, Mason OT MT/Big Sandy
Roschinger, Toren WR MT/Beaverhead
Rundle, Toby WR MT/Billings
Samuelson, Cody TE MT/Powder River
Schantz, Shane WR MT/Custer County
Smith, Chris OL MT/Laurel
Wegner, Jesse WR MT/Skyview

I like this list much better.

2004 recruits

Ryan Bagley, Great Falls, MT
Kroy Biermann, Hardin, MT
Jesse Carlson, Billings, MT
Dan Carpenter, Helena, MT
Colin Dow, Billings, MT
Mike Ferriter, Helena, MT
Trapper Hight, Miles City, MT
Karl Pitcher, Anaconda, MT
Rob Schulte, Great Falls, MT
Torrey Thomas, Dillon, MT

I'm happy for Joe and I hope he makes the team. When I watch Monday night football I love it when a 1AA player is announced as a starter and there usually is on on each side of the ball.
It's good for all of 1AA when someone makes the team.
Go Griz

NativeGriz said:
donuts you write like you have an inferiority complex.

Growing up as a bobcat fan, griz fans have always done their best to remind me that my team is inferior. How could you expect me to not have a complex at this point? :wink:

I think you, as a Pack' fan, will find it easy to like Joey, should he find a role on the team. As a Lions fan, I have to root against/for Joey and Detroit at the same time, all while keeping an eye on that sketchy, suspect, ex-griz Snyder lurking on the sidelines. I've barely recovered from the Morninwhig years!

bronco:

I also enjoy hearing from the 1-AA guys on Monday Night Football. I don't know how I would react to hearing, "the montana state." :D or :eek: or :mad:

I find it interesting that on our board the headline says 1st 1AA player taken with numerous posts and comments and on the cat board it says Joey taken in third round with three posts.

Sounds like a case of Cat Envy to me. 8) 8) 8)

Wanna be the fabulous Griz
Thanks for quoting me but you cut out the part about if it had been a Griz taken in the third round we'd be on our third page and growing with well wishers. It just seems that the cat board isn't all that supportive of Joe...one of their own.

I think everyone (Bobcat fans as well as man griz fan) is Very supportive of Joey. We've been talking about him being drafted and wishing him well for the past 2 months...the subject has pretty much been covered.

It's actually pretty pathetic that you go the Bobcat board, and then come over here to report to everyone what you read. I bet you were the kid that didn't have any friends because you tattled to the teacher what everyone else was doing at lunch and at recess. You are probably the biggest whiner I have every experienced. If you whine on this board, that's one thing, but you even come over to the bobcat board and whine. If your life is really that bad, I would just end it right now and spare yourself and everyone else the misery.

jagur1, which of the following do you think he'll say?
"The Montana State Univerity" a la OSU grads.
Or possibly "The school of hard knocks" or some other dumb thing like Warren Sapp.
Or just "Montana State," like everyone else who went to a school with state in its name does.
As long as he doesn't forget the Montana part, I should be okay with it, although I don't think the first case is quite appropriate.

Watching MNF you do get the sense of which schools install a sense of pride in the players. I think TO makes stupid comments also.

As for wb, "that was just mean man, just mean" I hope your not teaching kids or anything of that nature.

wbtfg said:
I think everyone (Bobcat fans as well as man Griz fan) is Very supportive of Joey. We've been talking about him being drafted and wishing him well for the past 2 months...the subject has pretty much been covered. .

I just checked in to see how the support was going over at the nation and there are still only two posts wishing Joe well. So I guess you do have it covered...my mistake.

wbtfg said:
You are probably the biggest whiner I have every experienced. If you whine on this board, that's one thing, but you even come over to the bobcat board and whine. If your life is really that bad, I would just end it right now and spare yourself and everyone else the misery.

You're only as good as your last post... this is mine on the nation this morning,
"It is great to buy bobcat gear the problem is the money generated doesn't go to the athletic department like we would all hope. In Missoula it goes to the University and I think it is the general scholarship fund that receives the windfall..
I think that if a fan buys Cat or Griz gear the money should go to help the program."

There he goes again ...what a whiner.... have you read my posts?
the only posts you would consider "whining" is when I talk about the crappy treatment Griz fans received in your lovely town. I'd be embarrassed of being reminded on how your fans act and would also want to change the subject.

and...
I don't think I'll be killing myself anytime soon but thanks for giving us a peek into how your mind works. Please don't ask everyone you disagree with to end their lives it could be a cat fan next time and you need all of them you can find.
Go Griz

wb wants to change the cat cheer:

"eat sh_t Grizzlies and die, go cats go"

In an attempt to increase the fan base Bozo will start offering low income housing to any willing English football hooligan willing to relocate to the states and become a cat fan.

jagur1 said:
In an attempt to increase the fan base Bozo will start offering low income housing to any willing English football hooligan willing to relocate to the states and become a cat fan.

Careful Jag you'll have to join me in my new whine-aholic class.
The whine patrol might be lurking.

GeauxGriz said:
HOWEVER~ With the new rule in the NFL, that will not allow ANY contact at all past the 5 yard cushion, JT will have to learn a new style of down field coverage. It might be hard for him at that level....should be interesting to see how he does.

Anyone who watches the NFL regularly (and I assume most of us do) knows that every single CB will have to make the exact same adjustment if they crack down on the illegal contact penalties.

Give us a break for not posting three pages in the "Joey got drafted" thread. Our message board is only a month or so old and we're not as good as you guys yet at the "start thread, change topic after 3 replies, and gradually escalate into Cat vs. Griz argue-fest in next 50 replies" posting method yet. There are 6 Joey-related topics on the first page of the board over there... it's not like we're ignoring him.

Sorry for taking the opposite position on the Joey Thomas deal but I think he is going to struggle in the NFL. He has never been a very smart player, prone to penalties and outbursts, etc. While I am happy to see any player in the Big Sky drafted, even those low life cousin marrying profanity cheering folks in the msunation, I'm not sold on him as even a starter...

My guess is he will be playing WR/DB in the Arena League before 2 seasons are up...

Fact is, the cats are so happy to have anybody going to the next level, they are blinded. :eek:

I disagree BozGriz,

I think he will make it, although I don't see him being outstanding. He is very gifted however, and if he can learn a little run support, he could be a good second corner for Green Bay. He was a very good cover guy for the Big Sky, maybe one of the best ever. I agree, he isn't the smartest guy and he will have his...What the hell are you doing moments......but he'll stick around.

I agree with Boz. Thomas will go down the same "WTF did we waste a draft pick on that dipstick" Green Bay dust bin as Tony Mandarich. Joey couldn't cover the Big Sky receivers without holding on for dear life. What makes anyone think he can cover NFL receivers?

wow! he's gone and you guys are still bitter. :eek: let's see......hmmmm.......skinner won't make it because............he couldn't block without holding and those nfl'ers won't allow that, he'll have lots to learn, don't think he'll make it........snore. good luck thomas and skinner eventhough you guys cheated all the time!

Bozgriz said:
Sorry for taking the opposite position on the Joey Thomas deal but I think he is going to struggle in the NFL. He has never been a very smart player, prone to penalties and outbursts, etc. While I am happy to see any player in the Big Sky drafted, even those low life cousin marrying profanity cheering folks in the msunation, I'm not sold on him as even a starter...

My guess is he will be playing WR/DB in the Arena League before 2 seasons are up...

Fact is, the cats are so happy to have anybody going to the next level, they are blinded. :eek:

We're blind? You need to open your eyes Boz :eek: Yes, I'm sure all the NFL analysts were wrong. Joey will never amount to squat in the NFL. Your dislike of the Cats is making you blind, son. Oh, and last time I checked, we had 4 players on NFL rosters? With maybe more on the way? What's up with that?

Lastly, I see you're still upset about those mean ol Bobcat fans saying the work "SHI*" in front of poor little defenseless children, now tainted for life. So tragic... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Back