• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jeremy Calhoun

PlayerRep said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
Nguyen - 4.4 yards per carry, long of 41
Counts - 4.7 per carry, long of 45
Chalich - 1.5 per carry, long of 20
Favors - 4.1 per carry, long of 17
Logwood - 4.1 per carry, long of 15
Calhoun - 4.5 per carry, long of 8

Calhoun will be a very good player.

Dude you have your opinion..I have mine....I dont like Nguyen as a back, I think he gets caught from behind and dances sideways too much...if you like him great, it doesnt mean everyone else has to. Maybe you dont remember what a good back looks like? I think hes a great kid but good RB he is not.

Dude, I presented facts, not opinions. Your opinions are not based on facts. Many of my opinions, on this subject, are based on facts. The above stats are facts. It is also a fact that Nguyen is a very good pass blocker. Watch the game, watch the video, ask a coach. Nguyen doesn't generally get caught from behind by linebackers. Your statement/opinion on that is not supported by facts and is just plain wrong. Nguyen is very good at dodging tacklers, and cuts well. I assume everyone agrees that Nguyen doesn't go straight ahead enough and goes sideways too much. In my experience, some backs with good jukes do that; doesn't mean they should. You are welcome to your opinion, but if you are basing it on incorrect facts, or even if I don't agree with it, you may hear from me. Oh, and I know what good backs look like. Looks like you probably didn't even play the game very long, based on your comments.

You're wrong I started at every position at Dartmouth..we were undefeated and ranked #1...I played against Jermiah Johnson and single handly knocked Dick Butkis out of 3 games. I also played on the Dartmouth ping pong team and take credit for tearing down trade barriers when I was sent to China to play some ping pong. These are facts, I played both games. I am the game.

PlayerRep said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
Nguyen - 4.4 yards per carry, long of 41
Counts - 4.7 per carry, long of 45
Chalich - 1.5 per carry, long of 20
Favors - 4.1 per carry, long of 17
Logwood - 4.1 per carry, long of 15
Calhoun - 4.5 per carry, long of 8

Calhoun will be a very good player.

Dude you have your opinion..I have mine....I dont like Nguyen as a back, I think he gets caught from behind and dances sideways too much...if you like him great, it doesnt mean everyone else has to. Maybe you dont remember what a good back looks like? I think hes a great kid but good RB he is not.

Dude, I presented facts, not opinions. Your opinions are not based on facts. Many of my opinions, on this subject, are based on facts. The above stats are facts. It is also a fact that Nguyen is a very good pass blocker. Watch the game, watch the video, ask a coach. Nguyen doesn't generally get caught from behind by linebackers. Your statement/opinion on that is not supported by facts and is just plain wrong. Nguyen is very good at dodging tacklers, and cuts well. I assume everyone agrees that Nguyen doesn't go straight ahead enough and goes sideways too much. In my experience, some backs with good jukes do that; doesn't mean they should. You are welcome to your opinion, but if you are basing it on incorrect facts, or even if I don't agree with it, you may hear from me. Oh, and I know what good backs look like. Looks like you probably didn't even play the game very long, based on your comments.
In the words of Pat Narduzzi, "stats are for losers". Nguyen may have an alright YPC, but against decent defenses when we need the run game to be productive, he's not the guy. It's time to get Calhoun and Favors back there.

stonecrest said:
Wait until you are able to watch a true freshman Calhoun play and take over most of the playing time. Then you will be able to see what a running back looks like. I think the coaching staff felt some lack of production
from that position, along with injuries, prompted the decision to burn calhoun's red shirt year. I hope it was alright to share my opinion. Coach is very excited about him...... And I am too.

I hope you are right, lot of high expectations for a true freshman. Might need a little patience here, excited to see him play, he has a tremendous amount of potential.

1972 said:
stonecrest said:
Wait until you are able to watch a true freshman Calhoun play and take over most of the playing time. Then you will be able to see what a running back looks like. I think the coaching staff felt some lack of production
from that position, along with injuries, prompted the decision to burn calhoun's red shirt year. I hope it was alright to share my opinion. Coach is very excited about him...... And I am too.

I hope you are right, lot of high expectations for a true freshman. Might need a little patience here, excited to see him play, he has a tremendous amount of potential.

Calhoun has considerable talent, and has shown it since he came to camp. Stitt was quoted saying that Calhoun cuts up field fast, is fast, and finishes going forward. I don't think he would have come off redshirt but for the injuries. They've been bringing him on trips, just in case, though. He will be good. Hopefully, the injured guys can get back soon too. I assume Nguyen and Calhoun will most of the reps/carries on Saturday.

granitegriz said:
Running game problems can be chalked up to O-line, not JN. They are improving but need to drastically improve to win out in conference play!
Lol. We have FIVE different backs averaging over 4 ypc and we're talking about 'running game problems'.....I love eGriz.....

AZGrizFan said:
granitegriz said:
Running game problems can be chalked up to O-line, not JN. They are improving but need to drastically improve to win out in conference play!
Lol. We have FIVE different backs averaging over 4 ypc and we're talking about 'running game problems'.....I love eGriz.....
To understand this you have to look at the YWYRNO (yard when you really need one) stat, not YPC. I believe Joey counts is 1/4 in YWYRNO, Calhoun is 1/1, and everyone else is 0-fer.

Grizbeer said:
AZGrizFan said:
granitegriz said:
To understand this you have to look at the YWYRNO (yard when you really need one) stat, not YPC. I believe Joey counts is 1/4 in YWYRNO, Calhoun is 1/1, and everyone else is 0-fer.

Personally, if they get yards when you supposedly DON'T RNO, then you keep yourself OUT of the YWYRNO situation. And at 4 yards a clip, we keep ourselves out of that situation.

Latest posts

Back