• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How would like to be a financial booster right now.

grizindabox said:
argh! said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
I would guess that the top UM boosters are not pissed at all. While they may have been hopeful this year, they knew Bobby and have been talking to him all along. They know he felt it would take some time to RTD. They are surely still supportive.

But go ahead and believe in your fantasies.
The handful I have talked to, who do not like to lose, are totally in on BH and the TRAJECTORY of the program.

or maybe the are similar to you, and won't admit to any mistakes?

Bobby must have pissed in argh's Wheaties or something. He can't let a thread go without posting something negative towards the guy.

it isn't my fault his hypocrisy, which is what i'm responding to, is on display more than most.

argh! said:
grizindabox said:
argh! said:
kemajic said:
The handful I have talked to, who do not like to lose, are totally in on BH and the TRAJECTORY of the program.

Bobby must have pissed in argh's Wheaties or something. He can't let a thread go without posting something negative towards the guy.

it isn't my fault his hypocrisy, which is what i'm responding to, is on display more than most.

but it is your fault that you can't take the high road and at least don't whine in every thread

grizindabox said:
argh! said:
grizindabox said:
argh! said:

but it is your fault that you can't take the high road and at least don't whine in every thread

Oh, this is rich.....lmao

Pot meets kettle, the king of the whiners, whining about taking the high road.

Take your own advice.

PlayerRep said:
AllWeatherFan said:
I wouldn't turn down the opportunity to have the resources of the wealthiest "financial booster" out there. But even if I did, I wouldn't think that gave me the authority to run the athletic department. Nor would I likely spend those resources in the same way.

I can relate to your first sentence.

I don't equate influencing the athletic department over coach matters with running the department. While I understand what you are saying, in this day and age, when many athletic departments are needing and looking for money, it seems unrealistic to expect big donors to step up big without listening to their views.

Didn't an athletic director at Oregon once get fired for not keeping Phil Knight (major donor) happy? At least 2 of UM's big athletic donors and probably 3 or more, donate a lot to UM generally and also generally have the ears of the President and Foundation.

An organization, or leader of the an organization, has to listen and answer to his/her stakeholders. In college athletics, big donors are stakeholders. Even the academic/university side has to listen more to its donors too, more than I think the used to.
Especially when in financial trouble.

ordigger said:
grizindabox said:
argh! said:
grizindabox said:

Oh, this is rich.....lmao

Pot meets kettle, the king of the whiners, whining about taking the high road.

Take your own advice.

No whining here, just truth.

grizindabox said:
argh! said:
grizindabox said:
argh! said:

chortle.

mtgriz said:
uofmman1122 said:
Dude has 50-some odd posts since 2007 (most of which before 2010), and now his kid is on the team?

Smells a little off, to me.

I am probably wrong, but when I read that, I thought he was listing a litany of issues. One of them being Hauck’s own son is on the team saying WTF did I sign up for.
Thankyou- yes.

For me, it isn't the losses. It is the kind of losses. The game against PSU, which I had the unfortunate honor of witnessing, was nothing short of a debacle. I will say this however, it is amazing how much a bad start can hurt a team. The Oregon ducks had a similarly bad start, QB fumbles, etc. and lost to WSU by a rather similar score.

I suppose the part that stings the most is that it was a home game for the Griz (whatever happened to the WA Griz mystique? Or even homefield advantage?). And the other part is who would have believed the team's record would be worse than with Stitt? It isn't there yet but there is a very real possibility it will be. The job ahead for Hauck and company is more than just building the team, it is building the program -- the whole thing top to bottom. Not that it matters much I don't think Hauck is the guy to do it.

Grisly Fan said:
For me, it isn't the losses. It is the kind of losses. The game against PSU, which I had the unfortunate honor of witnessing, was nothing short of a debacle. I will say this however, it is amazing how much a bad start can hurt a team. The Oregon ducks had a similarly bad start, QB fumbles, etc. and lost to WSU by a rather similar score.

I suppose the part that stings the most is that it was a home game for the Griz (whatever happened to the WA Griz mystique? Or even homefield advantage?). And the other part is who would have believed the team's record would be worse than with Stitt? It isn't there yet but there is a very real possibility it will be. The job ahead for Hauck and company is more than just building the team, it is building the program -- the whole thing top to bottom. Not that it matters much I don't think Hauck is the guy to do it.

There is in fact some rebuilding to do. However, it is not from the bottom up.

I an confident that Hauck can build up the program in relatively short order, and can RTD. I can't imagine anyone in a better position to do that.

Wouldn't all of us like to be big financial boosters, capable of giving millions of dollars? I would. I'd like to win the big lottery in a few days too.

PlayerRep said:
Grisly Fan said:

There is in fact some rebuilding to do. However, it is not from the bottom up.

I an confident that Hauck can build up the program in relatively short order, and can RTD. I can't imagine anyone in a better position to do that.
+++++

Back