• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How would like to be a financial booster right now.

grizfan95 said:
Dillon said:
Paytonlives said:
lochlaven said:
Terrible loss followed by an epic loss. Boosters want the team to win, as do I. What do you say? Everybody is going nuts. Son is on the team wondering wtf have I signed up for. What is the response? Complete ineptitude. I think we will win out but I am religious. Faith I guess.

Your son is on the team and you post this????

Was thinking the same thing!

Yeah, that shows some seriously weak mental strength. Your son thought it was going to be a cake walk? If anything, I would be excited that this backs-against-the-walls situation provides an opportunity for him to see what it takes to overcome adversity and work through a difficult, high-stress situation.

Seems to me, if you really have players on your team asking “what the fuck have I signed up for”...they’re the exact kind of players who helped you get where you are right now. Lol.

If I was this poster, and parent, I’d probably not keep posting stuff like this as it’s not a great look for the mentality of said player.

But great for an opposing fan looking in! ;)

I have faith in Bobby, I refuse to give substantial amounts tho until our athletic department does something about out of state viewing options.

No way in hell will I increase until they show me any effort what so ever to accomplish this very easy task in 2018.

ilovethecats said:
grizfan95 said:
Dillon said:
Paytonlives said:

Yeah, that shows some seriously weak mental strength. Your son thought it was going to be a cake walk? If anything, I would be excited that this backs-against-the-walls situation provides an opportunity for him to see what it takes to overcome adversity and work through a difficult, high-stress situation.

Seems to me, if you really have players on your team asking “what the f*** have I signed up for”...they’re the exact kind of players who helped you get where you are right now. Lol.

If I was this poster, and parent, I’d probably not keep posting stuff like this as it’s not a great look for the mentality of said player.

But great for an opposing fan looking in! ;)

To be fair...I think a A LOT of kids that play for Bobby have that though of what the hell did I sign up for.....the kids tough enough stay and play for championships....the kids that arent tough enough leave, thats how Bobbys programs run.

grizfan95 said:
Dillon said:
Paytonlives said:
lochlaven said:
Terrible loss followed by an epic loss. Boosters want the team to win, as do I. What do you say? Everybody is going nuts. Son is on the team wondering wtf have I signed up for. What is the response? Complete ineptitude. I think we will win out but I am religious. Faith I guess.

Pretty sure you all missed his point by a mile. Try to imagine your state of mind if promises by coaches in hiring introductions, meant to get you to "buy in", are not kept in practices and game situations. Remember Stitt's locker room suffered from subversion of the head coach from within. What if the subversion is the head coaches' own actions or words? I'm also trying to recall where it's been shown that all kids love being told by a mentor authority, blasted in a public forum, they are not very good. Oh yeah, it was Woody Hayes. I've said it before on here. Players will confide in their parents, siblings and peers the truth of situations they will deny straight faced to coaches, boosters, program groupies, reporters. But hey, dissing a players' dad is a "fan"tastic retort for those in denial.

horribilisfan8184 said:
grizfan95 said:
Dillon said:
Paytonlives said:

Pretty sure you all missed his point by a mile. Try to imagine your state of mind if promises by coaches in hiring introductions, meant to get you to "buy in", are not kept in practices and game situations. Remember Stitt's locker room suffered from subversion of the head coach from within. What if the subversion is the head coaches' own actions or words? I'm also trying to recall where it's been shown that all kids love being told by a mentor authority, blasted in a public forum, they are not very good. Oh yeah, it was Woody Hayes. I've said it before on here. Players will confide in their parents, siblings and peers the truth of situations they will deny straight faced to coaches, boosters, program groupies, reporters. But hey, dissing a players' dad is a "fan"tastic retort for those in denial.

Interesting perspective, 81. Thanks for posting :thumb:

Dude has 50-some odd posts since 2007 (most of which before 2010), and now his kid is on the team?

Smells a little off, to me.

If I was a booster, I probably would be not asking or thinking these dumb questions this soon. Next year yes, but one year into a program with players not recruited by Hauck :roll: Damn, if you are a booster asking these dumb questions now... maybe you need to put some of that money into counseling because any sane person would understand that "Rome wasn't built in a day" :cool: So sit down, humble yourself and relax this year. this time next year, Griz Still lose by big margins... :? I Got your back :oops: #gogriz #rtd

Financial booster here. (edit: on a relatively moderate scale)

Trusting the process, I know this is a multiple-year thing, not worried at all.

uofmman1122 said:
Dude has 50-some odd posts since 2007 (most of which before 2010), and now his kid is on the team?

I am probably wrong, but when I read that, I thought he was listing a litany of issues. One of them being Hauck’s own son is on the team saying WTF did I sign up for.

I have to imagine that five, six and seven figure donors have enough gall to weather a couple bad games in year one of a coaching change. Most people don't reach that level of success without having the fortitude to get through some difficult times.

As a lowly season ticket holder and GSA member, I'm still 100% on board, like I always have been for my alma mater...Even planning on making the trip to Idaho to support them on the road.

Jaredkuehn said:
I have to imagine that five, six and seven figure donors have enough gall to weather a couple bad games in year one of a coaching change. Most people don't reach that level of success without having the fortitude to get through some difficult times.

As a lowly season ticket holder and GSA member, I'm still 100% on board, like I always have been for my alma mater...Even planning on making the trip to Idaho to support them on the road.

Boosters of that level are more likely to have the patience of Veruca.

mtgriz said:
uofmman1122 said:

I am probably wrong, but when I read that, I thought he was listing a litany of issues. One of them being Hauck’s own son is on the team saying WTF did I sign up for.
That would make a lot more sense.

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
I would guess that the top UM boosters are not pissed at all. While they may have been hopeful this year, they knew Bobby and have been talking to him all along. They know he felt it would take some time to RTD. They are surely still supportive.

But go ahead and believe in your fantasies.
The handful I have talked to, who do not like to lose, are totally in on BH and the TRAJECTORY of the program.

or maybe the are similar to you, and won't admit to any mistakes?

So, Bobby gets 1/2 a season? :roll: Maybe, just maybe, we could extend him the same courtesies extended previous coaches.

mlbowl said:
So, Bobby gets 1/2 a season? :roll: Maybe, just maybe, we could extend him the same courtesies extended previous coaches.

If he was in Bozeman, he would be up for a 3 year extension!

I wouldn't turn down the opportunity to have the resources of the wealthiest "financial booster" out there. But even if I did, I wouldn't think that gave me the authority to run the athletic department. Nor would I likely spend those resources in the same way.

argh! said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
I would guess that the top UM boosters are not pissed at all. While they may have been hopeful this year, they knew Bobby and have been talking to him all along. They know he felt it would take some time to RTD. They are surely still supportive.

The handful I have talked to, who do not like to lose, are totally in on BH and the TRAJECTORY of the program.

Bobby must have pissed in argh's Wheaties or something. He can't let a thread go without posting something negative towards the guy.

grizindabox said:
argh! said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:

Bobby must have pissed in argh's Wheaties or something. He can't let a thread go without posting something negative towards the guy.

Also, argh has a thing against money.

AllWeatherFan said:
I wouldn't turn down the opportunity to have the resources of the wealthiest "financial booster" out there. But even if I did, I wouldn't think that gave me the authority to run the athletic department. Nor would I likely spend those resources in the same way.

I can relate to your first sentence.

I don't equate influencing the athletic department over coach matters with running the department. While I understand what you are saying, in this day and age, when many athletic departments are needing and looking for money, it seems unrealistic to expect big donors to step up big without listening to their views.

Didn't an athletic director at Oregon once get fired for not keeping Phil Knight (major donor) happy? At least 2 of UM's big athletic donors and probably 3 or more, donate a lot to UM generally and also generally have the ears of the President and Foundation.

An organization, or leader of the an organization, has to listen and answer to his/her stakeholders. In college athletics, big donors are stakeholders. Even the academic/university side has to listen more to its donors too, more than I think the used to.

Back