• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How this season is gonna go

Don't get too confident that UM will beat MSU. It could well be that UM's two losses to MSU were no flukes.

Catsrgrood said:
AZGrizFan said:
Catsrgrood said:
garizzalies said:
After I hit submit, I realized that was probably the case and did a full-on face palm

I think the Griz will be better this year, possibly the best we’ve seen since 2011, but that’s not really saying much. I don’t think the actual W/L record will necessarily reflect the improvement, but the attitude, and dare I say, “swagger,” will.

I believe that is the exact same thing that Cat fans have been absolutely roasted for saying these last two years by some people on this board. Granted I'm well aware I'm on a Griz board and that's the way it goes. It's just funny to read, and it'll probably go without argument from fellow Griz fans.
I don't disagree by the way, but funny nonetheless.

The difference is when we say “the record probably won’t reflect the improvement” we mean it’ll probably only be 7-4. For you guys, you’re ticked at 4-7 with swagger. :lol:

Agreed, I am ticked when they’re 4-7.

DAmn. It’s amazing how much meaning can change with the omission of just one letter. :lol:

Just bc it's raining now doesn't mean fuels won't be dried out by mid to end of July. We had great precip last year until EXACTLY this week, when the rain spigot turned off, the winds and heat kicked up and by mid July the fires were off to the races.... although the current precip is great, two to three weeks of winds and heat will erase any benefits. 100 to 1000 hour fuels will dry out, the RH goes way down, the usual mid to late July & August thunderstorms will come thru and walla-birthday-cake we're all sucking smoke.... MT is forecast to have an above average fire season despite current precip levels. I hope not, but I always tell folks who ask...talk to me in October about how this year's fire season is going to shake out...

Harm said:
Just bc it's raining now doesn't mean fuels won't be dried out by mid to end of July. We had great precip last year until EXACTLY this week, when the rain spigot turned off, the winds and heat kicked up and by mid July the fires were off to the races.... although the current precip is great, two to three weeks of winds and heat will erase any benefits. 100 to 1000 hour fuels will dry out, the RH goes way down, the usual mid to late July & August thunderstorms will come thru and walla-birthday-cake we're all sucking smoke.... MT is forecast to have an above average fire season despite current precip levels. I hope not, but I always tell folks who ask...talk to me in October about how this year's fire season is going to shake out...
A lot more precip at my place this spring than last year and fire was 200 yards from my house on 07/20/2017. I said “should” for a reason. I remain hopeful for a good season (and an improved football team).

Amazing in fizzal nation. More concerned with fire season than the fire going on in the locker room. 1, 2, and 3 seasons if mediocre teams and you'll start all over again.

Bobby is a great FCS coach, but there are too many holes at key positions, and too little proven depth to account for the inevitable injuries which will occur. Be patient, because it will take two more seasons for Bobby to get the roster in shape to dominate the way we used to.

I see 7-4 as being the best we can hope for this season, with 6-5 being more likely.

Catsrgrood said:
uofmman1122 said:
Catsrgrood said:
garizzalies said:
After I hit submit, I realized that was probably the case and did a full-on face palm

I think the Griz will be better this year, possibly the best we’ve seen since 2011, but that’s not really saying much. I don’t think the actual W/L record will necessarily reflect the improvement, but the attitude, and dare I say, “swagger,” will.

I believe that is the exact same thing that Cat fans have been absolutely roasted for saying these last two years by some people on this board. Granted I'm well aware I'm on a Griz board and that's the way it goes. It's just funny to read, and it'll probably go without argument from fellow Griz fans.
It’s just as dumb when we say it as when you guys do, although we haven’t had a losing season since 2012, so there’s that, too.

Touché, Griz also haven’t won the Big Sky since 2009, so I guess there’s that, too.

That is so, so weak man. The old 2011 asterisk angle. You must take notes from poorgriz.

Even guys that played for the cats that year recognize what happened. Too bad their fans don't.

Pathetic.

Raider said:
Catsrgrood said:
uofmman1122 said:
Catsrgrood said:
It’s just as dumb when we say it as when you guys do, although we haven’t had a losing season since 2012, so there’s that, too.

Touché, Griz also haven’t won the Big Sky since 2009, so I guess there’s that, too.

That is so, so weak man. The old 2011 asterisk angle. You must take notes from poorgriz.

Even guys that played for the cats that year recognize what happened. Too bad their fans don't.

Pathetic.

I fully acknowledge that year and what happened. On the field the griz were a very good team that year. Rules weren’t followed and wins were vacated, but that’s a different argument, one I honesty don’t care about. The griz were good that year and kicked the Cats butt in Bozeman.

Giving you that year, it’s still been since 2011 then since a Big Sky title was won.

But the bottom line is, it was a little joke/jab at uofmman’s reply to my comment. Not meant to start a whole thing here, relax.

4theluvofgriz said:
Bobby is a great FCS coach, but there are too many holes at key positions, and too little proven depth to account for the inevitable injuries which will occur. Be patient, because it will take two more seasons for Bobby to get the roster in shape to dominate the way we used to.

I see 7-4 as being the best we can hope for this season, with 6-5 being more likely.

Please elaborate on these holes you think we have......

nzone said:
4theluvofgriz said:

According to Bobby - O Line, corner, and LB if I remember correctly. I would add QB as a concern. You're JC guy looks pretty good, but unproven at the D1 level and depth behind him is an unknown. Yes, I'm also very concerned about QB depth at MSU.

Montanabob said:
Amazing in fizzal nation. More concerned with fire season than the fire going on in the locker room. 1, 2, and 3 seasons if mediocre teams and you'll start all over again.
Wowsers. Cat people are so fucking crazy. Aren’t the cats coming off not 1, not 2, but 3 losing seasons in a row?!? And instead of “starting all over,” they doubled-down. Cat people are always “more concerned” with the Griz than getting their own house in order, as is clearly evident by the sheer number of cat trolls here

garizzalies said:
Montanabob said:
Wowsers. Cat people are so f***[*] crazy. Aren’t the cats coming off not 1, not 2, but 3 losing seasons in a row?!? And instead of “starting all over,” they doubled-down. Cat people are always “more concerned” with the Griz than getting their own house in order, as is clearly evident by the sheer number of cat trolls here

So what’s this fire in the locker room stuff you’re trying to claim? Maybe there is, I’m not in the know, but I’m thinking that’s a little exaggerated.

Not sure how firing a head coach that had lost the locker room a couple years ago is “doubling down” as your claiming. Firing him was starting over. New coaching staff came in and essentially started a rebuild, so there was definitely one step back in year one (defense was horrendous the year before and they lost a couple of all Americans on offense, the writing was on the wall that year), in hopes of taking 2 steps forward in gear 2 and beyond.
In year 2 they were clearly better, won one more game against a tougher schedule, but certainly nothing to brag about, still a game under .500. Every indication is that progress will continue with the young kids that have started the last couple years continuing to mature and get better and the (on paper) great recruits continuing to come in.
If they are under .500 again this year and can’t get over the hump, then people will start to question what’s going on, but I, like others, feel that the program is headed in the right direction and are expecting somewhere between a 6 and 8 win season this year.

Don’t feel like that’s crazy at all, I can be a level headed and rational fan, and when the rare rational griz fan comments, I can discuss with them too.

poorgriz said:
nzone said:
4theluvofgriz said:

According to Bobby - O Line, corner, and LB if I remember correctly. I would add QB as a concern. You're JC guy looks pretty good, but unproven at the D1 level and depth behind him is an unknown. Yes, I'm also very concerned about QB depth at MSU.
A lot has happened since he got here. Only real concern now is corner.

Like seven blind men describing an elephant, each from his own perspective. Predictions all over the map. There will be plenty of 'told ya so's to go around.

Raider said:
Being totally objective here, I am guessing we go 2-9, or 3-8 at best.

Again, just being objective.

I assume that 3rd win is because we'll have a significant weather advantage over some teams while playing at home?

Griz will be back in business. The Big Sigh is not a good conference. Weak teams other than Weber.

statler & waldorf said:
Like seven blind men describing an elephant, each from his own perspective. Predictions all over the map. There will be plenty of 'told ya so's to go around.

There are seven blind guys here? Sure seems like a lot more.

Catsrgrood said:
garizzalies said:
Montanabob said:
Wowsers. Cat people are so f***[*] crazy. Aren’t the cats coming off not 1, not 2, but 3 losing seasons in a row?!? And instead of “starting all over,” they doubled-down. Cat people are always “more concerned” with the Griz than getting their own house in order, as is clearly evident by the sheer number of cat trolls here

So what’s this fire in the locker room stuff you’re trying to claim? Maybe there is, I’m not in the know, but I’m thinking that’s a little exaggerated.

Not sure how firing a head coach that had lost the locker room a couple years ago is “doubling down” as your claiming. Firing him was starting over. New coaching staff came in and essentially started a rebuild, so there was definitely one step back in year one (defense was horrendous the year before and they lost a couple of all Americans on offense, the writing was on the wall that year), in hopes of taking 2 steps forward in gear 2 and beyond.
In year 2 they were clearly better, won one more game against a tougher schedule, but certainly nothing to brag about, still a game under .500. Every indication is that progress will continue with the young kids that have started the last couple years continuing to mature and get better and the (on paper) great recruits continuing to come in.
If they are under .500 again this year and can’t get over the hump, then people will start to question what’s going on, but I, like others, feel that the program is headed in the right direction and are expecting somewhere between a 6 and 8 win season this year.

Don’t feel like that’s crazy at all, I can be a level headed and rational fan, and when the rare rational griz fan comments, I can discuss with them too.
JFC, man, thanks for proving my point. You guys are fucking nutz and more concerned with the Griz than anything else. You spent how much time writing that drivel of nonsense on your rival’s board? And you can’t even get it right, including the quote function? (Hint: It was one of your own who mentioned the “fire” BS, not me.) And by “doubling-down” I was talking about extending Choady-Chote, not firing the all-time winingest coach.

garizzalies said:
Catsrgrood said:
garizzalies said:
Montanabob said:

JFC, man, thanks for proving my point. You guys are f***[*] nutz and more concerned with the Griz than anything else. You spent how much time writing that drivel of nonsense on your rival’s board? And you can’t even get it right, including the quote function? (Hint: It was one of your own who mentioned the “fire” BS, not me.) And by “doubling-down” I was talking about extending Choady-Chote, not firing the all-time winingest coach.

My response has nothing to do with being more concerned with Griz football than my own team. As it’s been pointed out before this forum is about Griz football AND the FCS.
My response was more to both of you, so yea I kind of messed up quote function. The question about the fire bs was geared towards Montanabob and the rest of it was in response to you.
BobcatNation is pretty quiet in the off season and is literally down altogether right now because of a much needed upgrade, so yea, I browse this site more lately. And whether it’s Griz or Cat fans starting them, there are a ton threads and discussions on this forum about the Cats. If you don’t like that, quit talking about them and all of this discussion would cease to exist.

You seem pretty worked up about this, it’s summer time, everybody’s been talking about football for a couple months now and we’re all still a couple months out from seeing the teams in action so people are getting restless. Seems like a lot more people are jumping down each other’s throats and arguing over stupid shit. Have a beer and relax a little bit...

Back