• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How Does NDSU Stay Dominate for 10 years?

Tony Clifton said:
grizingatorland said:
The only way NDSU falls off is if there is some kind of big violation. If you really wanted to beat NDSU you would need to play a little dirty. Hire people to watch them and make sure every possible violation or scandal at all is in the news. Maybe create a fake rape case. Make sure it's national news. Heck maybe you get lucky and some asshole writes a book about it. Does any of this seem familar?

Are you a producer for The View?

Sour grapes make for a fine whine and Missoula is a premier vineyard

King of the dead horse ass whuppin. 100-odd posts and you’re already old news.

Everyone already knows what you think, yet no one cares. #irony

I think their proximity to Minnesota, with only one Division 1 school helps, as noted above. Not sure about Wisconsin.

Momentum is important. Success breeds success.

Say, let's take up a collection and buy Jon Krakauer a plane ticket to Fargo!

1981Griz said:
1. NDSU has superior strength and conditioning.
2. NDSU recruits the best lineman possible on both sides to dominate the line of scrimmage.
3. NDSU and JMU pay their players approximately $3,500 per year Cost of Attendance stipend above the athletic scholarships as allowed by the NCAA. ( UM & MSU don't have that in their athletic budget. Also, JMU students pay a $2,400 per year athletic fee compared to UMs $200.)
4. NDSU, JMU, etc have indoor practice facilities. . JMU has athletic facilities that Power 5 teams would be envious of.

You have made several valid points. I have always thought the Griz need to decide what style of football they want to play and then not make any drastic changes. Coach Hauck played Bobby Ball emphasis on the run but when he left Pflugrad came on and took a hard right to the West Coast Air it out style. And yes he did have the Griz in a semi final game his second year.
Coach Delaney brought the pro set back and built upon that after Pflugrad was dismissed. The came Haslam and the Stitt show. Stitt believed in an entire different offense and his first year's success was built on Delaneys' team. After year one, Stitt went off the deep end. Beating NDSU in year one was a major stroke to Stitts' ego and the Griz were inconsistent afterwards.

NDSU has developed a program using any and every rule they can to maximize their chances of success.

The boosters ponyed up the money to pay the guys the coast of attendance cash. I think $ 3,400.oo discretionary cash per player means a lot to a college student and probably to their families.

I have read the boosters will find and pay for rentals for families during the season so mom and dad don't have to travel. If that isn't enough they will find local employment for the family members.

NDSU rents a municipal arena, The Fargo Dome, to play in. Therefore they don't have the expense to build and to maintain their own facility. Those savings, if any, can be redirected to other areas in their program. It would be interesting for the NCAA or someone to do a detailed cost analysis for their rent payments versus other Universities costs to build and maintain.

That in essence helps them buy their championships.

NDSU is almost always guaranteed homefield advantage in the playoffs. I know this is based on the season record but it does give them a significant advantage.

I am sure there are numerous other advantages but basically they have developed an FCS program that is very similar to the FBS programs. I think the NCAA should do a detail investigation into their program and if significant violations are or have occurred they should be disciplined including vacating any championships from the years the any violations may have taken place.

I have read of an alleged instance of performance enhancing drugs being distributed in the locker room while Klieman was coach but it seems to have died or been swept under the carpet.

Sorry for the typo's

CDAGRIZ said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
Which begs the question: Will Entz get an FBS job offer like his predecessors anytime soon? While he's obviously a good coach, he doesn't seem to have the same appeal as Bohl or Klieman.

Mom, it’s “begets the question”. “Begging the question” is a logical fallacy that assumes the truth of the conclusion. I think of it as as a tornado of reasoning, but I can barely read, so take that at its worth. Just want to be consistent if we’re calling people out. ;)

Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages
beg the question
phrase of beg
(of a fact or action) raise a question or point that has not been dealt with; invite an obvious question.
"some definitions of mental illness beg the question of what constitutes normal behavior"
assume the truth of an argument or proposition to be proved, without arguing it.

According to the first definition (and popular use) I think I used it correctly but if I am wrong then so be it.

I did some quick ciphering off of the UNDSU online roster. I don’t believe it’s a comprehensive roster given that it only includes 5 guards.

Team breakdown by state:
Minnesota 29
NoDak 19
Wisconsin 16
Illinois 10
Florida 8
Iowa 5
Missouri 5
Texas 4
Georgia 3
Nebraska 3
South Dakota 3
California 2
Kansas 2
1 each from Ohio, Oregon, Washington and Wyoming.

11 kids from Florida and Georgia? Do they kidnap them until they begin showing signs of Stockholm Syndrome?

Then I did the same for offensive and defensive lines:

TE 3 Minnesota, 2 Wisconsin, 1 each from Washington, North Dakota and Illinois.

Tackle: 3 Minnesota, 2 Wisconsin, 2 North Dakota

Guard: 2 Minnesota, 1 each from North Dakota, California, and South Dakota.

Center: 1 each from Minnesota, Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska.

Defensive Tackle: 2 Minnesota, 2 Wisconsin, 1 each from Missouri, Iowa, North Dakota, Wyoming, and South Dakota.

Defensive End: 3 North Dakota, 2 Minnesota, 2 Wisconsin, 1 each from Florida and South Dakota.

Da Boyz Mom said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Mom, it’s “begets the question”. “Begging the question” is a logical fallacy that assumes the truth of the conclusion. I think of it as as a tornado of reasoning, but I can barely read, so take that at its worth. Just want to be consistent if we’re calling people out. ;)

Dictionary
beg the question
phrase of beg
(of a fact or action) raise a question or point that has not been dealt with; invite an obvious question.
"some definitions of mental illness beg the question of what constitutes normal behavior"
assume the truth of an argument or proposition to be proved, without arguing it.

According to the first definition (and popular use) I think I used it correctly but if I am wrong then so be it.

It’s become the “irregardless” of phrases.
Also, I was defiantly just joking with you. ;)

Money. $$$$$$$$. Oil money. Build an indoor stadium, pay kids to attend your university, build a second indoor practice facility, cultivate boosters with $$$$$$, grow a coaching tree, Next coach up, build a program. Success brings more success. A stud kit would be a fool to turn down an NDSU offer. Their fan base buys Frisco tickets in September! This is the model for the rest of us. We're getting better but holy shit, we have a long way to go. Both MT schools need $$$$ & it's hard to come by short of a benefactor. NDSU has us by the short hairs.

CDAGRIZ said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
Dictionary
beg the question
phrase of beg

I see what you did there. 😄 Also, I guess I am joining the ranks of posters who misinterpret your humor. I shall try to do better.

Da Boyz Mom said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I see what you did there. 😄 Also, I guess I am joining the ranks of posters who misinterpret your humor. I shall try to do better.

Nah, do the same. I like your posts. And I bombed the last three open mics. As the great Bobby Hope probably once said, “It ain’t that funny if you’re the only one laughing.”

Ursa Major said:
I did some quick ciphering off of the UNDSU online roster. I don’t believe it’s a comprehensive roster given that it only includes 5 guards.

Team breakdown by state:
Minnesota 29
NoDak 19
Wisconsin 16
Illinois 10
Florida 8
Iowa 5
Missouri 5
Texas 4
Georgia 3
Nebraska 3
South Dakota 3
California 2
Kansas 2

11 kids from Florida and Georgia? Do they kidnap them until they begin showing signs of Stockholm Syndrome?

Defensive Tackle: 2 Minnesota, 2 Wisconsin, 1 each from Missouri, Iowa, North Dakota, Wyoming, and South Dakota.

Defensive End: 3 North Dakota, 2 Minnesota, 2 Wisconsin, 1 each from Florida and South Dakota.

Of the collective line players:

Minnesota 31%
Wisconsin 19%
North Dakota 19%
South Dakota 7%
Missouri 5%
Others 17%

Building on success brings in big donors. Not for ridiculous family pay-offs (LOL), but big time donations for facilities, nutrition, cost-of-attendence, etc. Not usually oil money, but tech and construction professionals who studied at NDSU. Beating FBS teams probably does almost as much for wooing big donors as winning National Championships. Expect a large NDSU fan turnout at the U of Arizona game in September. Tickets should be reasonable priced and it should be an easy beat down considering how bad Arizona has been.

For example: https://gobison.com/news/2021/12/2/football-ndsu-athletics-receives-15-million-gift-toward-new-indoor-practice-facility.aspx

We want UM and MSU and all Big Sky teams to be good. Being alone on an island would suck. We just want our team to be better.

Bisontruth said:
Building on success brings in big donors. Not for ridiculous family pay-offs (LOL), but big time donations for facilities, nutrition, cost-of-attendence, etc. Not usually oil money, but tech and construction professionals who studied at NDSU. Beating FBS teams probably does almost as much for wooing big donors as winning National Championships. Expect a large NDSU fan turnout at the U of Arizona game in September. Tickets should be reasonable priced and it should be an easy beat down considering how bad Arizona has been.

For example: https://gobison.com/news/2021/12/2/football-ndsu-athletics-receives-15-million-gift-toward-new-indoor-practice-facility.aspx

We want UM and MSU and all Big Sky teams to be good. Being alone on an island would suck. We just want our team to be better.

A “nutrition” donor is what we need. That would be dope.

Bisontruth said:

Given that BSC bottom dwellers NAU beat Arizona this year, I don’t expect NDSU will have much trouble winning.

Cutting edge nutrition thanks to a fine young gal from Montana.

https://www.bisonillustrated.com/ndsu-athletics-nutritionist-sami-fuhrmann/

https://www.bisonillustrated.com/eat-like-a-bison/

Bear Spray said:
Money. $$$$$$$$. Oil money. Build an indoor stadium, pay kids to attend your university, build a second indoor practice facility, cultivate boosters with $$$$$$, grow a coaching tree, Next coach up, build a program. Success brings more success. A stud kit would be a fool to turn down an NDSU offer. Their fan base buys Frisco tickets in September! This is the model for the rest of us. We're getting better but holy shit, we have a long way to go. Both MT schools need $$$$ & it's hard to come by short of a benefactor. NDSU has us by the short hairs.

The bison rent the Fargo Dome and don't have a stadium of their own which probably saves a ton.

Ursa Major said:

Team breakdown by state:
Minnesota 29
NoDak 19
Wisconsin 16
Illinois 10
Florida 8
Iowa 5
Missouri 5
Texas 4
Georgia 3
Nebraska 3
South Dakota 3
California 2
Kansas 2

Looks like they their big uglies from the Upper Midwest, and go South for their skill players

Bear Spray said:

Lots of small mammals on campus?

Blgs Griz Fan said:
Bear Spray said:

The bison rent the Fargo Dome and don't have a stadium of their own which probably saves a ton.

I bought Frisco tickets in September. I’m doing my part, dammit!

Back