• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How Does NDSU Stay Dominate for 10 years?

Da Boyz Mom said:
The better question is - Will egriz posters ever learn to differentiate between DOMINANT and DOMINATE and use them correctly? My money is on NO.
They can't differentiate loose from lose either so don't hold your breath.

Your approach is " demanding an Answer" ? :shock: :shock: :?: :?: :shock: :shock: Look it up yourself, because you can probably find numerous sources that appropriately outline the college budget situations in the state of Montana and impacts due to demographics, pandemic, etc.

LaJollaGriz said:
I am still waiting for somebody to address why NDSU pays players, but we don't. Is it because the BOR won't allow it? Just wondering.

Da Boyz Mom said:
LaJollaGriz said:
Both terms are from the same root word. A dominant team is dominant every week of the season, and because of their dominance they are able to dominate their opponent with consistent regularity.

Great use of proper English!! You may still want to fix your thread title, however, since that is still incorrect.

Whatever. I prefer talking football, and left high school English class many moons ago. I would never "axe" you to fix one of your thread titles.

It helps getting great athletes... Kids want to play for a championship caliber team. That right there attracts top tier recruits. Win one and they will come for years, keep winning and you're settled for life. Unless something drastic happens and you lose scholarships because of the NCAA. The only way we won't have to worry about NDSU anymore is if one of us moves up or if they get hit by sanctions and scandals. That's basically the only way the mighty will fall. Or if they end up getting an extremely bad HC that the players don't like and they start bailing. I wouldn't hold my breathe for their downfall though.

Griz Addict said:
It helps getting great athletes... Kids want to play for a championship caliber team. That right there attracts top tier recruits. Win one and they will come for years, keep winning and you're settled for life. Unless something drastic happens and you lose scholarships because of the NCAA. The only way we won't have to worry about NDSU anymore is if one of us moves up or if they get hit by sanctions and scandals. That's basically the only way the mighty will fall. Or if they end up getting an extremely bad HC that the players don't like and they start bailing. I wouldn't hold my breathe for their downfall though.

Which begs the question: Will Entz get an FBS job offer like his predecessors anytime soon? While he's obviously a good coach, he doesn't seem to have the same appeal as Bohl or Klieman.

LaJollaGriz said:
Think about it, they play every year in the NC game. They have a 10-year W/L record better than every other team at any level, including Alabama. They have accomplished this with three different head coaches.

I have my thoughts on how they are able to keep this going every year, no matter who their head coach is:

1) They never change their system on offense or defense from coach-to-coach.
2) They focus on recruiting great offensive and defensive linemen, with the goal of dominating both lines-of-scrimmage every week
3) They play a run-first offensive style, with the run used to set-up the passing game
4) Because they are so good at running the football, they simply wear down teams as the game progresses. In looking at their second half scoring versus their opponents, it is way more one-sided than most any team I have witnessed. You might hang with them in the first half, but they will make you pay after half-time.
5) They recruit nationally. They have players from 16 states on their roster, including several from the recruiting meccas of Florida and Texas

Any other thoughts?

OL and DL significantly better than any other teams in FCS-it’s easy to see. But they don’t run a gimmick 3-3-5 either so….

Da Boyz Mom said:
Griz Addict said:

Which begs the question: Will Entz get an FBS job offer like his predecessors anytime soon? While he's obviously a good coach, he doesn't seem to have the same appeal as Bohl or Klieman.

Maybe that explains the braces.

Ursa Major said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

Maybe that explains the braces.

I'd assume there will be some schools knocking on his door within the next couple years.

LaJollaGriz said:
Copper Griz said:
In NDSU's case, a full-scholarship athlete will receive $3,400 per year to do as they wish-a figure set by the school's financial aid office. It is called. Pay to play and legal folks.

If this is legal, why aren't we doing it?

We are on some level. It’s called full cost of attendance. However our dollars aren’t even close to what the bison players get.

I think our players might get like $500 for the year and bison players get like 6k. And that’s all their scholarship athletes btw, not just their football team. They do a shit ton of private fundraising to make it happen.

Da Boyz Mom said:
Griz Addict said:

I know for a fact that Entz has already received FBS offers, but he is going to wait for the right opportunity like Klieman did. He won’t commit career suicide by leaving the best football program in the country for a MAC job…..

People forget that the Bison team, during this decade long run have close to 40 extra games played and practices just in the playoffs during their run. (16 extra playoff games and practices during a players 4 years)

That is possibly their biggest advantage and they have many.

The only way NDSU falls off is if there is some kind of big violation. If you really wanted to beat NDSU you would need to play a little dirty. Hire people to watch them and make sure every possible violation or scandal at all is in the news. Maybe create a fake rape case. Make sure it's national news. Heck maybe you get lucky and some asshole writes a book about it. Does any of this seem familar?

grizingatorland said:
The only way NDSU falls off is if there is some kind of big violation. If you really wanted to beat NDSU you would need to play a little dirty. Hire people to watch them and make sure every possible violation or scandal at all is in the news. Maybe create a fake rape case. Make sure it's national news. Heck maybe you get lucky and some asshole writes a book about it. Does any of this seem familar?

Are you a producer for The View?

Sour grapes make for a fine whine and Missoula is a premier vineyard

Tony Clifton said:
grizingatorland said:

No I hate the View and I'm actually happy NDSU won because I hate the cats but but if anyone wants to consitanly beat NDSU I feel they will have to derail the program and that won't be done on the field.

1. NDSU has superior strength and conditioning.
2. NDSU recruits the best lineman possible on both sides to dominate the line of scrimmage.
3. NDSU and JMU pay their players approximately $3,500 per year Cost of Attendance stipend above the athletic scholarships as allowed by the NCAA. ( UM & MSU don't have that in their athletic budget. Also, JMU students pay a $2,400 per year athletic fee compared to UMs $200.)
4. NDSU, JMU, etc have indoor practice facilities. . JMU has athletic facilities that Power 5 teams would be envious of.

Tony Clifton said:
grizingatorland said:

You angry bro? Haven’t said a damn positive thing since you started posting. Seem like a bitter troll. Griz are heading in the right direction. If you can’t see it - that is you a problem.

grizingatorland said:
You'd need a totally incompetent university president.

LaJollaGriz said:
Proud Griz Man said:
:?: :?: :?:
where have you hid for the last 4+ years, it has been going on for yearssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/fcs-power-north-dakota-st-athlete-stipends-154006202--ncaaf.html

https://www.themorningsun.com/2015/08/27/fcs-power-north-dakota-state-to-provide-athlete-stipends/#:~:text=NDSU%20says%20it%20will%20start%20providing%20stipends%20to,will%20be%20up%20to%20%243%2C400%20per%20full%20scholarship.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/fcs-power-north-dakota-st-athlete-stipends-154006202--ncaaf.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2015/08/27/fcs-power-north-dakota-st--provide-athlete-stipends/32475761/

I guess I missed that one. But again, why aren't we doing it too?

Because we don’t have any MONEY!!!

A great, dominating O-line make a good QB and Running Back so much better.
A great, fast and vicious D-line kills offenses.
Control the Line of Scrimmage on both sides and you win championships.

Da Boyz Mom said:
Griz Addict said:

Mom, it’s “begets the question”. “Begging the question” is a logical fallacy that assumes the truth of the conclusion. I think of it as as a tornado of reasoning, but I can barely read, so take that at its worth. Just want to be consistent if we’re calling people out. ;)

Back