• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

HERO SPORTS FCS Preseason Top 25

CDAGRIZ said:
RayWill said:
Correct. Sac State and Cal Poly will not be playing football this year. So Sac St won't finish atop the bigsky with zero wins

Where did you see this announced? I thought I was up to date on this, but I guess not. Is there a link to where SAC and CP announced they are not playing football in 2020? Thanks!

up to date..announced on Egriz..what other source to you need? They will not be playing :cry:

grizghost said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Where did you see this announced? I thought I was up to date on this, but I guess not. Is there a link to where SAC and CP announced they are not playing football in 2020? Thanks!

up to date..announced on Egriz..what other source to you need? They will not be playing :cry:

Well, I guess, that’s that. Sometimes it’s tough to recognize a credible source when you’re surrounded by it.

Kadeezy said:
RayWill said:
Correct. Sac State and Cal Poly will not be playing football this year. So Sac St won't finish atop the bigsky with zero wins

Has not been decided.

I’ll kindly direct you to several posts above where it has been clearly decided.

Don't think it's decided yet. Fresno St. thinks it may be able to play. Emphasize the "may". Cal St. schools has said they will be all online.

https://www.fresnobee.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/marek-warszawski/article242746166.html

Griz til I die said:
I don’t understand how they could’ve left Nichols off the poll. They’re the 3-time defending south land champs. Unless they graduated their whole team it doesn’t make sense.

I know nothing about Nicholls State's outlook for 2020, but I did some quick, basic research. They had 22 seniors last year including their starting Qb (who threw 335 out of 342 att passes) and their 2nd,3rd,4th and 6th leading tacklers.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
BSC showing why it's the most competitive conference in the nation, again.

Yep clearly. I mean they certainly faired well in the semi finals last year.

What is it, one National championship by BSC teams in the last 20 years?
Two

RayWill said:
kemajic said:
SacSt isn't even playing, correct?

Not true. Cal Poly is planning on playing and so is Sac State. Students will be on campus in the fall. There will be a mix of in person classes (labs and small classe) and online classes.

2011BisonAlumni said:
AZGrizFan said:
Yes. Precisely.

What teams, based on performance last year combined with returning talent, would you suggest placing above them?

Comparing Griz preseason ranking the past few years to actual performance might lead some to believe they've been as overrated (if not more) than UNI. Rated higher than MSU team that's dominated them 3 of the past 4 years?

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Totally agree! I mean, the AFC East has been the best division in the NFL for 20 seasons. Don't know how anyone would suggest otherwise. :coffee:

ilovethecats said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Totally agree! I mean, the AFC East has been the best division in the NFL for 20 seasons. Don't know how anyone would suggest otherwise. :coffee:

Haha! It reminds me of when all the best golfers in the world grew up in Cypress, CA.

BozAngelesGriz said:
Delaware has no place at #15. also the cats should be ranked higher than UM.

I agree on point #1. And, I have to agree on point #2. It might not be a popular opinion on here, but one could make a pretty good case for MSU being above UM in the preseason rankings.

CDAGRIZ said:
BozAngelesGriz said:
Delaware has no place at #15. also the cats should be ranked higher than UM.

I agree on point #1. And, I have to agree on point #2. It might not be a popular opinion on here, but one could make a pretty good case for MSU being above UM in the preseason rankings.

Im not ready to crown the cats preseason national champs (nor will I ever be). But I can’t, unfortunately, think of any reason that UM should be favored over msu. Hopefully it’s not part of the ‘new normal.’

SloStang said:
RayWill said:

Not true. Cal Poly is planning on playing and so is Sac State. Students will be on campus in the fall. There will be a mix of in person classes (labs and small classe) and online classes.

I consider this guy...a good source. So looks like they be playin'!

It was me that was out of date. Last article I read stated that there would be no in person classes but now they say they will have some classes in person in some programs so it is still unclear.

BozAngelesGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Im not ready to crown the cats preseason national champs (nor will I ever be). But I can’t, unfortunately, think of any reason that UM should be favored over msu. Hopefully it’s not part of the ‘new normal.’

I agree....and sadly it does seem to be the new normal and seems Choate is making the "sequel" Bobby look not as good as the original like he once stated. Not really sure what area Bobby is actually beating Choate to be honest.

Ursus1 said:
BozAngelesGriz said:

I agree....and sadly it does seem to be the new normal and seems Choate is making the "sequel" Bobby look not as good as the original like he once stated. Not really sure what area Bobby is actually beating Choate to be honest.

Bobby’s got him in lack of jowls, and lack of university sponsored MILF Camps. The latter might be a loss. Fuck!

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursus1 said:

Bobby’s got him in lack of jowls, and lack of university sponsored MILF Camps. The latter might be a loss. [#]f###!

This is bass akwards but I don’t have an issue with it.

These preseason polls put a lot of stock in the schedule. Cats is pretty tough. I could easily see the Griz ranked higher come the Brawl,

Not saying they should be ranked higher now, but I see where they’re coming from.

Personally I like the Cats 6-8 and the Griz 6-8 and they’re interchangeable in my mind

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

take away the Bison, your conference has zero in last 22 years. ;)

Back