• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

HERO SPORTS FCS Preseason Top 25

Yukon

(northern Iowa again ahead of the Griz)

1 North Dakota State
2 South Dakota State
3 Northern Iowa
4 Sacramento State
5 James Madison
6 Weber State
7 Montana
8 Villanova
9 Montana State
10 Central Arkansas
11 Kennesaw State
12 Illinois State
13 Austin Peay
14 Furman
15 Delaware
16 Princeton
17 New Hampshire
18 Eastern Washington
19 North Carolina A&T
20 Florida A&M
21 The Citadel
22 Southern Illinois
23 Sam Houston State
24 Albany
25 Yale

https://bigskyconf.com/news/2020/5/27/football-five-bigskyfb-teams-earn-hero-sports-fcs-preseason-top-25-recognition.aspx

I don’t understand how they could’ve left Nichols off the poll. They’re the 3-time defending south land champs. Unless they graduated their whole team it doesn’t make sense.

bgbigdog said:
Great to see UNI hasn’t lost any of their pre-season luster. #overrated

Team that finished #5 in the final poll last year, who lost in the quarterfinals to the eventual runner-up, who finished 10-5 and is bringing back essentially the entire team is overrated at #3???

2011BisonAlumni said:
bgbigdog said:
Great to see UNI hasn’t lost any of their pre-season luster. #overrated

Team that finished #5 in the final poll last year, who lost in the quarterfinals to the eventual runner-up, who finished 10-5 and is bringing back essentially the entire team is overrated at #3???

Yes. Precisely.

AZGrizFan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Yes. Precisely.

What teams, based on performance last year combined with returning talent, would you suggest placing above them?

Lots of company for the Big Sky teams in the top 10! Makes ya wonder what's going to happen if the conference has to change to schedule to accommodate state wide pandemic orders?

kemajic said:
SacSt isn't even playing, correct?

Correct. Sac State and Cal Poly will not be playing football this year. So Sac St won't finish atop the bigsky with zero wins

kemajic said:

I haven't seen that announcement. Have you?

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...games-of-the-uw-huskies-2020-football-season/

"Still, UW athletic director Jen Cohen said last week that “based on what we know today, we’re expecting to still play them.”

The NCAA said it requires on-campus classes "in some form" to allow fall sports. SDSU and Fresno plan on playing football, so, at present, if SAC doesn't play, it will likely be its own decision.

RayWill said:
kemajic said:

Correct. Sac State and Cal Poly will not be playing football this year. So Sac St won't finish atop the bigsky with zero wins

Where did you see this announced? I thought I was up to date on this, but I guess not. Is there a link to where SAC and CP announced they are not playing football in 2020? Thanks!

CDAGRIZ said:
BSC showing why it's the most competitive conference in the nation, again.

Yep clearly. I mean they certainly faired well in the semi finals last year.

What is it, one National championship by BSC teams in the last 20 years?

CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...games-of-the-uw-huskies-2020-football-season/

"Still, UW athletic director Jen Cohen said last week that “based on what we know today, we’re expecting to still play them.”

The NCAA said it requires on-campus classes "in some form" to allow fall sports. SDSU and Fresno plan on playing football, so, at present, if SAC doesn't play, it will likely be its own decision.

Cal State Schools have announced no classes on satellite campus except possibly the big three, including Cal Poly and Sac St. No classes no football. There is a slim chance they may be allowed to play this fall but it is considered unlikely. The article saw was from the Sacremento Bee. I can't find the link again now but it was from early last week. I could have changed again.

RayWill said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Cal State Schools have announced no classes on satellite campus except possibly the big three, including Cal Poly and Sac St. No classes no football. There is a slim chance they may be allowed to play this fall but it is considered unlikely. The article saw was from the Sacremento Bee. I can't find the link again now but it was from early last week. I could have changed again.

Thanks, RW. I knew about the no classes, but I thought I read something about classes on campus “in some form” to comply with NCAA requirements. It’s a pretty low standard as written. I guess I just hadn’t seen anything definitive from SAC and Poly saying no football.

Back