• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hermanson at Safety?

Hermanson and Tully tied for 2nd place on the team today in tackles. (7 each)

Just thought you guys should know that before you go and say something stupid like Hermanson isnt a fundamental tackler.

"Technically" and for the most part, he is probably the best tackler on the team.....most coaches kids are like that.

Tripp only had 5.................:coffee:

I didn't see anybody complain about Rominger's play last week. He had a very solid game, taking the place of hermanson.......and he knows how to wrap up.

Even Gurnsey was yelling for him to be pulled during the end of the game.

I dunno what happened. He was money last year, and now looks completely lost.

uofmman1122 said:

One more time...Tru went pro...Saftey had to be a lot easier when Tru could shut down most teams #1 receiver...saftey could cheat alot!

rgrizfan said:
uofmman1122 said:

One more time...Tru went pro...Saftey had to be a lot easier when Tru could shut down most teams #1 receiver...saftey could cheat alot!
...So Tru going pro caused him to forget how to go for the ball and how to tackle?

Sorry, I don't buy that. Sure, he's got a tougher time this year, but that's not a good enough excuse.

Look at how Hermanson has tackled this year. He actually missed the last game with injury. I think he has actually been playing more injured than we know. If that is the case, I put that on the coaches for putting him in a postion to fail rather than to succeed.

uofmman1122 said:
rgrizfan said:
uofmman1122 said:

...So Tru going pro caused him to forget how to go for the ball and how to tackle?

Sorry, I don't buy that. Sure, he's got a tougher time this year, but that's not a good enough excuse.

I think he is still tackles just fine...3rd or 4th on the team....and yes I do believe when you have a shut down corner on one side it cuts the playing field in half and you can often cheat to the other side...jmo

I will cut Brint slack on bragging up Hermy in the summer. Hermy was playing VERY WELL at the end of last season, and i DARE anyone to dig up a post from last Sept.-Dec. citing that he sucked and that he was lacking the qualities people say he does now. I'll bet you anything you won't find that. I will tell you a post you would find though. Some last winter claiming Hermy was transferring UP to Washington State..LMAO....Yes, he would do the Cougs' defense a world of good this season. In any event, I'm not giving up on Hermy as a player for the Griz because I know he plays with heart and passion and he really loves being a Griz. But the bottom line is, at least right now, he's not a starting Big Sky safety. Well, actually he is because he starts, but he shouldn't be.

PR, good for you displaying some contructive critisicm for a player, now are you going to call yourself a "bad fan"?

Slice it...dice it... talk about it any way you want to. The safety play at the U.M. this year is HORRIBLE!!! However the coaching, and lack of game management is worse.

The game I saw was receivers that ran routes that got them open and a quarterback who threw accurately to them and receivers who caught the ball. I was wondering how you defend against that? The only times that UND was stopped was when they stopped themselves.

That last dropped pass on 3rd down after the interception was the game for us and I knew it at the time it happened. The Griz punted too many times late in the 4th quarter to a too hot passing offense. If they could have converted that dropped pass into a touchdown they might have had a chance, otherwise their passign offense was too much for the our secondary and our line couldn't get to the QB in time.

Give UND's QB and receivers some credit.

Both safeties had 7 tackles. But how many tackles did Tully actually wiff on, I bet he had at least 7 of those. They both need to stay on their feet instead of diving so much.

havgrizfan said:
I will cut Brint slack on bragging up Hermy in the summer. Hermy was playing VERY WELL at the end of last season, and i DARE anyone to dig up a post from last Sept.-Dec. citing that he sucked and that he was lacking the qualities people say he does now. I'll bet you anything you won't find that. I will tell you a post you would find though. Some last winter claiming Hermy was transferring UP to Washington State..LMAO....Yes, he would do the Cougs' defense a world of good this season. In any event, I'm not giving up on Hermy as a player for the Griz because I know he plays with heart and passion and he really loves being a Griz. But the bottom line is, at least right now, he's not a starting Big Sky safety. Well, actually he is because he starts, but he shouldn't be.

I feel bad for Hermanson, but to a large extent, he was over-hyped last year and in the off season . When you're over-hyped, it is hard to live up to the unrealistic expectations that have been set. The NFL prospect posts, the pre-season All Conference posts and the Hermy-Badger posts all lead to him being over-hype. If you really watched him play in the SHS game you'd see how journeyman like he really was, even as a freshman. Hermanson is just not that athletic or explosive and his angles are terrible. If you review the tape of the first spring scrimmage, you will see. You have to just look at one play, At around the 2 min 20 second mark, there is a play that involves Hermanson coming up to make a play on a running out of the pocket JJ. That play, unfortunately, depicts Hermanson's ability to take the correct angle and breakdown to make a tackle. If you look at that play, it is a pretty ominous foreshadowing of his play this year, at least as a tackler. In coverage, I just don't think he was ever "tested" last year to the extent that he has been this year. I just don't see him being in a "sophomore slump". I think it's more than that.

I guess we'll find out next year. Many of you have already hyped up Lebsock in the same exact way Hermy was hyped up last season and this summer. And that hype is he is already better than either Hermy or Tully, even though he has played few snaps, and has been injured both last year as a red-shirt and this year as a backup. If Lebsock is healthy next season, I guess we'll see if things get progressively better cause I'm guessing if he is already better than Hermy and Tully, he'll take one of their starting spots away, no problem.

Hermanson was not "over-hyped" last year. He played very well, especially for a true frosh. A post or two on the internet about the NFL is not over-hyping. Feel free to let us know which poster(s) mentioned the NFL, and then we'll comment on that. The hermy badger thing was this year, and was a joke. The sophomore slump comment comes directly from the coaches.

PlayerRep said:
Hermanson was not "over-hyped" last year. He played very well, especially for a true frosh. A post or two on the internet about the NFL is not over-hyping. Feel free to let us know which poster(s) mentioned the NFL, and then we'll comment on that. The hermy badger thing was this year, and was a joke. The sophomore slump comment comes directly from the coaches.

On more than one occasion, the following posters said that Hermanson could play on Sundays-
Gaeilge1
Baller1
MtGrizRule
ENDallBEallGriz

Kramer thought he was good enough to play in the Big 12. Many other posters said that he would be an All Conference pick. All this after his Freshman year? The kid was hyped to no end!

Come on PlayerRep, all you got to do is type "Hermanson" into the search field to see the post history!

havgrizfan said:
Gotta agree with CV, one poster with "inside knowledge" actually claimed Hermy was leaving the Griz to transfer UP to Wazzu.

He was terrific as a true Freshman. Maybe he believed the hype, who knows what happened? He is not the same player.

Back