• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Herder Ranks Griz 3 in Chances of Winning Next National Title

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Catsrgrood said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
Dante Olson is not fast enough to be a consistent starting linebacker in the NFL. Sorry but it is just true. 4.88 is not a good time for a linebacker. More and more, linebackers are being charged with coverage ability in the NFL....Dante was adequate, but not a starting linebacker level in the NFL. Jabril Cox has elite speed. Very likely he will be the fastest linebacker at the combine next year.

Again...let me explain it.

Jabril Cox played Will on a Tampa 2 defense. He was in coverage ALOT. Dante Olson was an inside linebacker in a 3-3-5 defense. The two played entirely different positions...one is by nature of the position going to rack up more tackles.

Hold on here sir. You can check these facts and sound reasoning at the door. This is egriz, they have no place here.

Facts are one thing. Reasoning is another. Dude is honestly one of the dumbest people ever to post on this website. The fact he can’t see it further confirms it. I’m actually wondering if we shouldn’t be so hard on him.

Dante Olson is a 4.88 40 speed linebacker who is widely viewed as a 6-7 round draft pick who might make a roster.

Jabril Cox is the most highly coveted linebacker prospect right now with every significant FBS program after him and is viewed as having elite next level talent.

That isn’t my opinion....that’s the opinion of people who do football for a living.

No need to get all upset over it. It’s the same way you got upset when everyone was calling Wentz one of the most pro ready QB’s in recent memory, and you were calling for him to be a mid round pick at best.

And it never crossed your mind as to why that might be. See above.

BTW, Most in Philly agree that Wentz has been a bust. He’s been hurt every year. Can’t finish a season. Bust. I remember one headline, “Ginger...Snap”. Tough for the kid, because he seems like a decent guy. Just not an NFL QB.

CDAGRIZ said:
garizzalies said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
garizzalies said:
I said it was a down year for him. Pretty sure you basically admitted his stats were down from the prior year. And now he’s leaving. So not sure what that para even means.

As for your other para, I didn’t say shit about DO. You claimed Cox is a 1st rd LB draftee, and implied that it was unreasonable to be skeptical of such. I called you on it because it sounds a bit rich to me. Not sure how some other player that I did not mention helps you, but ok.

Still struggle to see how he had a "down" year? Other than a few fewer picks, he put up identical numbers in 2019 while playing Will as opposed to Sam last year.....by nature of the position, his stats should have went down, not up.

GP GS SOLO AST TOT TFL-YDS SACKS-YDS INT PD FF FR BLK
2017 15 8 47 28 75 13-58 4.5-25 1 4 1 3 0
2018 15 15 54 37 91 9.5-29 4-21 4 7 0 0 0
2019 15 15 57 35 92 9.5-60 5.5-32 1 7 0 0 0

I know a lot of eGriz users don't understand football....but still.

Sorry guess it was the other fat who said this:

he definitely didn't have the kind of year he did previously.

Please forgive me. All you fats run together, literally.

They don't run.
Yes I pee’d up a wall on that one.
In my mind, I was picturing these two sitting next to each other on one of those little sky West planes. How do you tell where one starts and the other ends?
Am I the only one who finds it amusing that a fat can rail on anyone for being slow?

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Catsrgrood said:
Hold on here sir. You can check these facts and sound reasoning at the door. This is egriz, they have no place here.

Facts are one thing. Reasoning is another. Dude is honestly one of the dumbest people ever to post on this website. The fact he can’t see it further confirms it. I’m actually wondering if we shouldn’t be so hard on him.

Dante Olson is a 4.88 40 speed linebacker who is widely viewed as a 6-7 round draft pick who might make a roster.

Jabril Cox is the most highly coveted linebacker prospect right now with every significant FBS program after him and is viewed as having elite next level talent.

That isn’t my opinion....that’s the opinion of people who do football for a living.

No need to get all upset over it. It’s the same way you got upset when everyone was calling Wentz one of the most pro ready QB’s in recent memory, and you were calling for him to be a mid round pick at best.

And it never crossed your mind as to why that might be. See above.

BTW, Most in Philly agree that Wentz has been a bust. He’s been hurt every year. Can’t finish a season. Bust. I remember one headline, “Ginger...Snap”. Tough for the kid, because he seems like a decent guy. Just not an NFL QB.

Funny thing is I recall Carson starting 16 games as a rookie and 16 games last year...so

I mean if you and any Philly fans call selling franchise records for TD passes in a season, most yards in a season, being an all pro QB, setting NFL records for most completions through 24 games of a career and most consecutive games with at least 1 TD pass and fewer than 1 pick, and being the runner up one season for the NFL MVP a bust....then so be it.

Sorry you got so upset about the speedster Dante. I’m sure he’ll make a roster. Beyond that....eh I don’t see much.

I’d like to get Ashley Schaffer’s take on this whole Herder spin....Been too long Ashley...Please .... someone rub the Jeanie bottle, and summon Ashley out of the Sale-closing-room....😀

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
^^^See?! He still doesn’t get it!! Too good.

Yes I do. I get that Dante Olson ran a 4.88 and he's too slow to be a meaningful player in the NFL.

OK. Cool.

^^^That’s how to do it when you’re not insecure about other people’s opinions of former players.

CDAGRIZ said:
braves84 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
braves84 said:
Are you sure you do? Too funny.cat<mouse.

You know how I know? Check the top of the page. Undefeated.

Haha.undefeated, keep thinking that. Whatever gets you thru your day.👍

Thanks so much! :thumb:
I love that the Griz are a part of your weekend!

You are the one who was triggered and felt the need to get involved dipshit haha

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Yes I do. I get that Dante Olson ran a 4.88 and he's too slow to be a meaningful player in the NFL.

OK. Cool.

^^^That’s how to do it when you’re not insecure about other people’s opinions of former players.

Not insecure about anything....your jealousy of Carson Wentz is actually quite funny to me haha

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

OK. Cool.

Not insecure about anything....your jealousy of Carson Wentz is actually quite funny to me haha

Ha! Sure you’re not. Have a great weekend on eGriz!!!
You’ll respond. You have to. But, you’re totally not insecure about what what someone might think of the numerous Bizon Busts.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

OK. Cool.

Wentz played exactly one game against Montana. What was the outcome of that game? You would be hard pressed to find the Carson Wentz jealousy you throw out.

kemajic said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

OK. Cool.

Wentz played exactly one game against Montana. What was the outcome of that game? You would be hard pressed to find the Carson Wentz jealousy you throw out.

Generally speaking, yes it exists. Many Griz fans were insanely jealous of the fact he was drafted #2 and over the publicity NDSU got in that run up.

FYI, Wentz played two games against Montana dipshit. His team won the game in 2014 and lost the game in 2015. Always forget you guys don't realize football games are played outside of Missoula.

retiredpopo said:
I know as a Griz fan I would love to have Carson Wentz or Jabril Cox on the team.

Doesn't change the fact that Cox is not one of the top 2-3 LB's in college football. Because THAT is what 2011 is implying by saying he's first round talent.

Back