• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Herder Ranks Griz 3 in Chances of Winning Next National Title

HookedonGriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
HookedonGriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
Very surprised NDSU landed Jabril in the first place. Guy was an unbelievable player, but he's lost 1 game in three years as a starter, was an all-american, and won three rings.

He literally has nothing left to prove. He was head and shoulders the most talented defensive player in the FCS the past two seasons....no offense to Mr. Dante Olson.... Don't blame him at all for leaving, and I won't blame Trey if/when he also leaves as well.

Cox was a beast no doubt. He kind of disappeared a bit last year. Not sure if he was hurt or what. He definitely didn’t jump off the screen like he did in prior year. The FCS coaches, media, and voters also saw it that way when they awarded Dante with the Buck and Cox was quite a way down the list. I’m sure he was the best in your mind but not in everyone else’s...you know the ones that actually count.

He moved from Sam to Will.....teams also avoided him like the plague. I didn't see entire offensive game plans change to account for Dante like they did for Jabril.

I did. All the time. You must not have watched a lot of Griz football. I watched at least 6 bison games this year and Cox was an absolute non factor or even had really bad games.
I wouldn't say he was a non-factor, but he definitely didn't have the kind of year he did previously.
Been hearing rumors louisiana state is giving him a lot of interest.
If he goes there it should silence alot of doubters.

2011BisonAlumni said:
HookedonGriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
DuCharme said:
Awww, I see... lol

GET OVER IT!

Very surprised NDSU landed Jabril in the first place. Guy was an unbelievable player, but he's lost 1 game in three years as a starter, was an all-american, and won three rings.

He literally has nothing left to prove. He was head and shoulders the most talented defensive player in the FCS the past two seasons....no offense to Mr. Dante Olson.... Don't blame him at all for leaving, and I won't blame Trey if/when he also leaves as well.

Cox was a beast no doubt. He kind of disappeared a bit last year. Not sure if he was hurt or what. He definitely didn’t jump off the screen like he did in prior year. The FCS coaches, media, and voters also saw it that way when they awarded Dante with the Buck and Cox was quite a way down the list. I’m sure he was the best in your mind but not in everyone else’s...you know the ones that actually count.

He moved from Sam to Will.....teams also avoided him like the plague. I didn't see entire offensive game plans change to account for Dante like they did for Jabril.

Hey 2011, your blatant homerism is showing. Head and shoulders my ass...Tuck that shit in. It’s not a zero sum game....For Jabril to be good doesn’t mean Olson has to be bad (or worse than Jabril). He’s a great player and y’all are gonna miss him, just like Griz fans will miss Olson. No need to run one down to hold up the other....

braves84 said:
kemajic said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
DuCharme said:
Awww, I see... lol

GET OVER IT!

If he has nothing left to prove at the college level, why didn't he declare for the NFL draft?
Maybe he likes school and all it offers. Plus going after your masters degree definitely helps for life after football is over.
Maybe he still has something to prove.

kemajic said:
braves84 said:
kemajic said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

If he has nothing left to prove at the college level, why didn't he declare for the NFL draft?
Maybe he likes school and all it offers. Plus going after your masters degree definitely helps for life after football is over.
Maybe he still has something to prove.
He's fulfilled his contract with ndsu. He graduated in 4 years, helped win national championships, and became an all-American lb. At this level.
I can't blame him for keeping his options open and seeing what other colleges have to offer.

braves84 said:
HookedonGriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
HookedonGriz said:

I did. All the time. You must not have watched a lot of Griz football. I watched at least 6 bison games this year and Cox was an absolute non factor or even had really bad games.
I wouldn't say he was a non-factor, but he definitely didn't have the kind of year he did previously.

I personally think he’s a stud. Just had a weird last season. I truly thought he played hurt all season as he seemed off.

2011BisonAlumni said:
DuCharme said:
My bad. I mistook you for being one of THEIR fans.
That’s how this works.

Haha ya....but Trey Lance is not MY anything.

Can't stand when fans use possessive language to describe a team they root for....

And don’t make me quote you. Because you have. And I will... :bad:

AZGrizFan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
HookedonGriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Hey 2011, your blatant homerism is showing. Head and shoulders my ass...Tuck that shit in. It’s not a zero sum game....For Jabril to be good doesn’t mean Olson has to be bad (or worse than Jabril). He’s a great player and y’all are gonna miss him, just like Griz fans will miss Olson. No need to run one down to hold up the other....

Lol......sorry Bro

Dante was a very very good linebacker, but he is no Jabril Cox. He’s the fastest player NDSU has as a 6’3” 240 pound linebacker....and that includes guys like Christian Watson who is a blazer.

Jabril has visits planned with both LSU and Alabama.....the kid’s talent level is unreal. Round 1 NFL draft pick unreal.

2011BisonAlumni said:
AZGrizFan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
HookedonGriz said:

Lol......sorry Bro

Dante was a very very good linebacker, but he is no Jabril Cox. He’s the fastest player NDSU has as a 6’3” 240 pound linebacker....and that includes guys like Christian Watson who is a blazer.

Jabril has visits planned with both LSU and Alabama.....the kid’s talent level is unreal. Round 1 NFL draft pick unreal.

I'll take the under in a friendly wager. :cool: :cool:

AZGrizFan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
AZGrizFan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Lol......sorry Bro

Ha....well when the entire country was eyeing Carson as a top 1 or 2 pick, Griz nation denied that happening as well....so

I’ll bet the house on Jabril Cox being a substantially higher draft pick than Dante.....baring injuries of course.

The two players are not of similar calibers....He literally has any FBS school of significance after him right now and is likely to end up at LSU. Do you honestly think Dante would have had that much interest from FBS schools had he transferred?

Jabril might be one of the best college linebackers I’ve seen in coverage. He’s fast enough to play safety in the NFL and he has a linebacker build.

2011BisonAlumni said:
AZGrizFan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
AZGrizFan said:

Lol......sorry Bro

Ha....well when the entire country was eyeing Carson as a top 1 or 2 pick, Griz nation denied that happening as well....so

I’ll bet the house on Jabril Cox being a substantially higher draft pick than Dante.....baring injuries of course.

The two players are not of similar calibers....He literally has any FBS school of significance after him right now and is likely to end up at LSU. Do you honestly think Dante would have had that much interest from FBS schools had he transferred?

Jabril might be one of the best college linebackers I’ve seen in coverage. He’s fast enough to play safety in the NFL and he has a linebacker build.

Yes, I do. You don’t get 160+ tackles 2 years in a row without talent. In the Oregon game he was the best LB on the field. To be a 1st round pick he’d have to be the best or 2nd best LB in the draft. I don’t discount his talent, but I don’t think he’s a first rounder...but I do think he’ll go higher than Dante does this year.

AZGrizFan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
AZGrizFan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
Lol......sorry Bro

Yes, I do. You don’t get 160+ tackles 2 years in a row without talent. In the Oregon game he was the best LB on the field. To be a 1st round pick he’d have to be the best or 2nd best LB in the draft. I don’t discount his talent, but I don’t think he’s a first rounder...but I do think he’ll go higher than Dante does this year.

I didn't say Dante was not a good linebacker. He is a very very good linebacker and will make an NFL roster IMO....but they are not even in the same conversation when it comes to skill at the next level. Dante ran a 4.88 40 at the combine...Jabril was timed BELOW 4.4 last year at NDSU. He is speed is out of this world good for a linebacker.

They also have very different roles on defense and Jabril was put into coverage a ton. Dante was a big run stopping linebacker. He is okay in coverage. Jabril is elite in coverage.

Again, not saying Dante wasn't a good player, but he wasn't the best defensive player in the FCS. He deserved the Buck award based on his stats, but stats don't tell the entire picture.

Sooooo, Cox's skills and stats matter and show how "great" he is, but Dante's do not. Got it.

#fatpeoplelogic

2011BisonAlumni said:
AZGrizFan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
AZGrizFan said:

Lol......sorry Bro

The Glass Ginger? Hahaha!!! Dude’s hardiness is rated 2/100 on Madden.

braves84 said:
HookedonGriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
HookedonGriz said:

Same thing with Prukop at Oregon. He showed us.

2011BisonAlumni said:
the entire country was eyeing Carson as a top 1 or 2 pick, Griz nation denied that happening as well....so
...so? So what?
You think just because you claimed Wontz would go in the first round, you’re right on Cox going in the 1st too? Because that’s what you seem to imply here.
Even tho Cox had a down year (for him) in the FCS and now doesn’t even have a team?
First round? First round?!? For a (former) FCS linebacker? Really? Has that ever happened before? I’m having trouble thinking of any FCS player to go in the 1st (other than the Ginger Gunner who is now a spokesman for Johnson and Johnson). In fact, right now I can’t even think of an FBS LB’er to go in the 1st. I’m sure it happens, and probably more than I realize, but it seems a bit relatively rare.
And you’re going to troll us for doubting you on this. It certainly could happen, but you have to admit our skepticism is reasonable, right?
Of course, asking for reasonableness from a troll is like asking a Buffalo Gal not to piss on a public building.

garizzalies said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
the entire country was eyeing Carson as a top 1 or 2 pick, Griz nation denied that happening as well....so
...so? So what?
You think just because you claimed Wontz would go in the first round, you’re right on Cox going in the 1st too? Because that’s what you seem to imply here.
Even tho Cox had a down year (for him) in the FCS and now doesn’t even have a team?
First round? First round?!? For a (former) FCS linebacker? Really? Has that ever happened before? I’m having trouble thinking of any FCS player to go in the 1st (other than the Ginger Gunner who is now a spokesman for Johnson and Johnson). In fact, right now I can’t even think of an FBS LB’er to go in the 1st. I’m sure it happens, and probably more than I realize, but it seems a bit relatively rare.
And you’re going to troll us for doubting you on this. It certainly could happen, but you have to admit our skepticism is reasonable, right?
Of course, asking for reasonableness from a troll is like asking a Buffalo Gal not to piss on a public building.

Haha! I had forgotten about her. If one wanted to show an SEC fan (who obviously has never heard of the NoDak Buffs) what BisoNation was all about, that picture would be the one and only thing needed. It's sums them up perfectly.

garizzalies said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
...so? So what?

First of all Jabril did not have a down year. He switched from Sam to Will and played a ton more in coverage. His coverage skills are not just good.....they are elite.

The defensive scheme the Griz run is a 3-3-5 with Dante playing inside linebacker. That scheme in and of itself is built to compile huge stat numbers for Dante's position.

EverettGriz said:
Sooooo, Cox's skills and stats matter and show how "great" he is, but Dante's do not. Got it.

#fatpeoplelogic

Cox's skill level is showcased primarily due to his elite pass coverage ability. The way he is able to be utilized is extremely unique. If he had played as an inside linebacker in a 3-3-5 defense like Dante and not charged with pass coverage, yes he would have put up 160 tackle type stats.

His athleticism is off the charts. Again, sub 4.4 speed compared to 4.88 for Dante....which was the third worst in the combine this year for a linebacker.

Jabril's unimpressive season may hurt his draft stock. If he goes to an SEC school, it's not a slam dunk that he will adjust to the talent level in time to recover the deficit caused by his off year. FCS players are a gamble. For every Jimmy G, there is a Carson Wentz. Going to a much more talented program in one's final year is also a gamble. It can remove all doubt on one's true ability, in either direction.

2011BisonAlumni said:
EverettGriz said:

#fatpeoplelogic

Cox's skill level is showcased primarily due to his elite pass coverage ability. The way he is able to be utilized is extremely unique. If he had played as an inside linebacker in a 3-3-5 defense like Dante and not charged with pass coverage, yes he would have put up 160 tackle type stats.

His athleticism is off the charts. Again, sub 4.4 speed compared to 4.88 for Dante....which was the third worst in the combine this year for a linebacker.

So, if he had only played in a different system, he would have better stats, so we might as well just say he has better stats. It's like, if the Griz would've won every game, they would've won the NC, so they basically won the NC.

Back