• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz Greats - the Coaching Tree podcast series

The Blaine Taylor interview was extremely entertaining. Tails is a great storyteller.
I loved his commentary about Jud including "he would rather coach a point guard like Magic Johnson, instead of me" :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol:

Proud Griz Man said:
The Blaine Taylor interview was extremely entertaining. Tails is a great storyteller.
I loved his commentary about Jud including "he would rather coach a point guard like Magic Johnson, instead of me" :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol:

https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/1225578112458665984

The Don Holst interview was tremendous, and shed light on several important historical events. :shock:
Holst also made some great comments about Griz greats like Krysko and Tinks, giving them their first jobs in coaching (after pro ball) and now Krysko & Tinks are earning millions, saying "hey guys where is my finder's fee? " :clap:

One of the best podcasts (actually the best) that I’ve listened to in 2020.

Very comprehensive and insightful questions for these coaches — and thanks to all of them for being so willing to rewind. Blaine has been my favorite so far but Holst might be catching him. Seems like such a waste that the Griz didn’t keep going with Coach Holst. He was just hitting his stride!!

The Stew Morrill episode was great too. He genuinely is a good man and arguably one of the most underrated college basketball coaches of all time. He sounds like he’s enjoying retirement, grandkids, strolling down memory lane, and smelling the roses now that he’s out of the business.

Good interview of Krysko. I enjoyed it all, and laughed about the Indiana-Olympic team tryouts with the tag-team wrestling of Krysko and Charles Barkley versus Kleine & Koncak. :shock:

Krystko—the best basketball player ever from Missoula except for maybe Mike Lewis. He is a great ambassador for Griz basketball.

I liked how he said he’s always looking forward and not all that into reminiscing about his scrapbook moments. Super successful guy and a good dude too. Probably has mellowed a little over the years. I remember the SI feature story on him and the Griz back in the 80’s. It was a BIG deal at the time.

These have all been great! But I will tell you that I will be pissed if we don't get an Anthony Johnson Bonus Episode.

Good interview of coach Tinkle. Did you forget to ask your "closing question", or intend to ask Wayne his opinion about the MSU Bobcats and Bozeman ? ?

Practicing social distancing and bored at home? This seems like a great time to listen to Griz Greats.

You will find yourself learning, laughing and being generally happy because of the entertainment abilities of all these characters. Please check out Griz Greats while we are all avoiding going out in public.

https://twitter.com/1029ESPN/status/1239367946574553088

https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/1239702286265233409

Colter_Nuanez56 said:
Practicing social distancing and bored at home? This seems like a great time to listen to Griz Greats.

You will find yourself learning, laughing and being generally happy because of the entertainment abilities of all these characters. Please check out Griz Greats while we are all avoiding going out in public.

OK, I see you are pretty much at the end of this, Colter (Save for Robin). Your next assignment, since I assume we aren't getting an AJ bonus episode, is to produce an oral history of that BSC championship game. I would think you could get quite a bit of backstory of the rivalry at the time and, assuming they would want to talk about it, get some of the former Weber player/Fans insight. It could be a great read/listen.

Back