• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz frosh players apologize for tweets over virus restrictions

PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
PR, they wouldn't put someone in quarantine for 10-14 days unless it was determined that they were exposed, and once they are in quarantine, the chance of getting cleared before the end of the period is pretty much zero. And you are correct, I have seen quarantine periods range anywhere from 10-14 days, I said 14 because that it is the rule were I am at. As for testing while quarantined, when they test it is to rule out being positive, testing negative, even multiple times, usually won't get you out of jail early.

I don't agree with the first part of your first sentence.

I also find that it is ridiculous to use such a long period of time. See results from the Johns Hopkins study. After 5.1 days, the virus has incubated in 95% of people. To keep people quarantined for an additional 9 days to achieve an additional 4% (to get to 99%) has an incredible cost. Not just to students and players, but workers, teachers, etc.

"The median incubation period was estimated to be 5.1 days (95% CI, 4.5 to 5.8 days), and 97.5% of those who develop symptoms will do so within 11.5 days (CI, 8.2 to 15.6 days) of infection."

Tell young people to quarantine for a much shorter period, say 6 or 7, and then wear masks around any people older than 30, and to try to stay further away from people older than 30, for the the second week.

The moral of the story is be careful what you report, or admit, or say to tracers.

If people are not honest with tracers, then there is no reason to trace and the system breaks down. Bad advice. I would say the biggest issue is that there really is not National standard and many health departments and medical facilities have grown leery of CDC recommendations.

HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:
I don't agree with the first part of your first sentence.

I also find that it is ridiculous to use such a long period of time. See results from the Johns Hopkins study. After 5.1 days, the virus has incubated in 95% of people. To keep people quarantined for an additional 9 days to achieve an additional 4% (to get to 99%) has an incredible cost. Not just to students and players, but workers, teachers, etc.

"The median incubation period was estimated to be 5.1 days (95% CI, 4.5 to 5.8 days), and 97.5% of those who develop symptoms will do so within 11.5 days (CI, 8.2 to 15.6 days) of infection."

Tell young people to quarantine for a much shorter period, say 6 or 7, and then wear masks around any people older than 30, and to try to stay further away from people older than 30, for the the second week.

The moral of the story is be careful what you report, or admit, or say to tracers.

If people are not honest with tracers, then there is no reason to trace and the system breaks down. Bad advice. I would say the biggest issue is that there really is not National standard and many health departments and medical facilities have grown leery of CDC recommendations.

Lots of people aren't talking to tracers. Try Google. Lots of people won't take census calls, or talk to census takers. Some people won't do vaccines, including the virus vaccine. It's the American way. Free country. You must be a Dem.

In my experience, what I just said is good advice for talking to anyone from the government and anyone you don't know:

"The moral of the story is be careful what you report, or admit, or say to anyone from" the government or anyone you don't know. Note that I said nothing about honesty.

"Across Michigan, coronavirus contact tracers face lies, anger and silence"

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-health-watch/across-michigan-coronavirus-contact-tracers-face-lies-anger-and-silence

I feel my post has been misconstrued. I see a lot of copies from PR posts but I I have long abandoned that moron's opinions and blocked his posts. My only comment about him would be that in talking about topics that involved science he supports Gianaforte who roughly believes that dinosaurs are only 5000 years old. Enough about that. My point that Mr. Edwards knows the rules - if identified as having contact, even indirectly, with someone testing positive, there is a 14 day quarantine period. This in large part is do to the difficulty of operating and maintaining athletic programs in a pandemic. If he doesn't like that maybe he should just go home. This is for the good of the entire Griz football program, the good of all Griz athletics, the good of the basketball program, the good of the UM community, the good of Missoula, and the good of all Montana and the nation. It is not any different that what we would all face if identified as coming in contact with a positive case. It isn't like he is missing games or practice because that isn't happening. It isn't that hard for God's sake - 14 days?????? As I have noted previously, it just seems like many of the posters on this board don't really ever want to do the things that will be required for this to end.

sdk.catfish said:
I feel my post has been misconstrued. I see a lot of copies from PR posts but I I have long abandoned that moron's opinions and blocked his posts. My only comment about him would be that in talking about topics that involved science he supports Gianaforte who roughly believes that dinosaurs are only 5000 years old. Enough about that. My point that Mr. Edwards knows the rules - if identified as having contact, even indirectly, with someone testing positive, there is a 14 day quarantine period. This in large part is do to the difficulty of operating and maintaining athletic programs in a pandemic. If he doesn't like that maybe he should just go home. This is for the good of the entire Griz football program, the good of all Griz athletics, the good of the basketball program, the good of the UM community, the good of Missoula, and the good of all Montana and the nation. It is not any different that what we would all face if identified as coming in contact with a positive case. It isn't like he is missing games or practice because that isn't happening. It isn't that hard for God's sake - 14 days?????? As I have noted previously, it just seems like many of the posters on this board don't really ever want to do the things that will be required for this to end.

No, contact with someone infected, even indirectly, does not result in quarantine. You are an idiot.

No, it is not for the good of any of those things. It's ridiculous.

Yes, it is missing practices. The team would be practicing, but for the quarantine BS, is my understanding.

Your comments on Gianforte are incorrect. In fact, it's dishonest. He is, however, a Christian, and he will be the Governor of MT.

garizzalies said:
argh! said:
sorry if this question has already been answered, but i missed whether they had identified themselves individually in the posts, or did they claim to speak for the university of montana? whether you are right, left, center, forward, behind, or even lost, you probably wouldn't approve of a group of people using your name without permission to promote their own purpose, knowing that others associated with your name would likely be considered as one that agrees with the comments by the players, even if they don't?

having said that, this is small stuff, and the fact that the story has spread is probably punishment enough.
Punishment? Slow down emperor Xi.
You looked like the flying monkeys tearing that brainless strawman apart.
Now that I think of it, you probably look more like Dorothy

don't think i stated my point well, what i wanted to say was that if they didn't identify with the university of montana in their post, then they were just exercising their right to free speech. nothing wrong with that, if they want to look dumb that's their own thing.

sdk.catfish said:

i think they are secret biden supporters, who want the economy to keep sucking for the average guy until after the election.

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
sorry if this question has already been answered, but i missed whether they had identified themselves individually in the posts, or did they claim to speak for the university of montana? whether you are right, left, center, forward, behind, or even lost, you probably wouldn't approve of a group of people using your name without permission to promote their own purpose, knowing that others associated with your name would likely be considered as one that agrees with the comments by the players, even if they don't?

having said that, this is small stuff, and the fact that the story has spread is probably punishment enough.

I think they just tweeted from their own twitter accounts.

ok, then it is a non-issue. they are exercising their rights, although i personally don't agree with them.

argh! said:
it is a non-issue. they are exercising their rights
Imagine doing nothing wrong, and having the government call your employer to have you reprimanded for something you said while away from work.
Modern day Gestapo

PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Lots of people aren't talking to tracers. Try Google. Lots of people won't take census calls, or talk to census takers. Some people won't do vaccines, including the virus vaccine. It's the American way. Free country. You must be a Dem.

In my experience, what I just said is good advice for talking to anyone from the government and anyone you don't know:

"The moral of the story is be careful what you report, or admit, or say to anyone from" the government or anyone you don't know. Note that I said nothing about honesty.

"Across Michigan, coronavirus contact tracers face lies, anger and silence"

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-health-watch/across-michigan-coronavirus-contact-tracers-face-lies-anger-and-silence

geezus, greenie, you've gone full trump. "lots of people are talking about..." real convincing argument, there....

in more serious news, i don't know which tribe you are associated with, but the northern cheyenne are getting hit pretty hard by the virus. that sucks.

garizzalies said:
Was the phone number they shared the lady’s private cell, or her official work number?

The article mentions the spreading of “misinformation.” It says this a few times. I think it even said a barrage of misinformation or something like that. What was the “misinformation”? Were the cited stats the kid used wrong? If it’s so important, why didn’t they attempt to correct the alleged misinformation? I couldn’t even figure out what they were talking about.

No real big surprise here that you got sidetracked by the article considering it went past one sentence.

braves84 said:
garizzalies said:
Was the phone number they shared the lady’s private cell, or her official work number?

The article mentions the spreading of “misinformation.” It says this a few times. I think it even said a barrage of misinformation or something like that. What was the “misinformation”? Were the cited stats the kid used wrong? If it’s so important, why didn’t they attempt to correct the alleged misinformation? I couldn’t even figure out what they were talking about.
Is No one else suprised here that he got side tracked by the article, considering it went past one sentence.

sdk.catfish said:

đź‘Ť

braves84 said:
Is No one else suprised here that he got side tracked by the article, considering it went past one sentence.

Did you really try this lame joke twice? Do you yell "Get a haircut!" to the refs at middle school b-ball games, and then when nobody laughs you say, "I SAID, get a HAIRcut!"? I know that's oddly specific, but I really get the sense that you do that.

braves84 said:
garizzalies said:

No real big surprise here that you got sidetracked by the article considering it went past one sentence.

I would love to hear you try to explain either the merits of your post or your sad attempt at humor. Both are absolutely asinine and make no sense whatsoever. Do you just stumble though life like an over-weight and clumsy infant with no over-sight and completely unaware of what is actually being discussed? Please explain your post, otherwise it will be documented as yet another unnecessary attack.

Mods? Are you going to let this unprovoked aggression from this loser go unchecked? I do not believe I have engaged this chub of lard in weeks, since the last time he followed me around and threatened me in another completely unjustifiable, unfounded, unreasonable, baseless, unjust, and wanton setting. I tried to reach out for aide at that time but received no response. I am quite literally crying out for help. Since my last plea went ignored, the mods have done nothing and this deadbeat continues to torment without consequence. This is clearly contrary to the new policies here—an admitted troll from a rival team being allowed to harass and threaten a long-established Griz fan? This will not stand; this aggression will not stand, man.

CDAGRIZ said:
braves84 said:

Did you really try this lame joke twice? Do you yell "Get a haircut!" to the refs at middle school b-ball games, and then when nobody laughs you say, "I SAID, get a HAIRcut!"? I know that's oddly specific, but I really get the sense that you do that.
This is so spot-on!! I used to think such a chub-flub could be chalked up to his fat fingers. And he is super dumb and fat, no doubt, but, no, I think you are correct—he’s the kind of loser who repeats (an attempt at) a joke even when people purposely ignore it the first time.

garizzalies said:
argh! said:
it is a non-issue. they are exercising their rights
Imagine doing nothing wrong, and having the government call your employer to have you reprimanded for something you said while away from work.
Modern day Gestapo

Yep. Pretty much bullshit. :twisted: :twisted:

CDAGRIZ said:
braves84 said:

4gluru.jpg

garizzalies said:
CDAGRIZ said:
4gluru.jpg
This is the content I come here for!

Back