• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz Destroy Cats :)

Bear Spray said:
ordigger said:
I see Bobcats are now copying the Griz on a legacy jersey. First year I’ve heard of it, but it shows that cats still think like a little brother. I see Griz winning football, and 3 of the 4 basketball games easily next year.

Right? The Griz surely were the first to don the legacy jersey.

In Montana they were. Little brothers don’t run around the country

Sounds like bubs are dominating Griz in number of players leaving with eligibility remaining. Players are bailing left and right off that sinking ship. Probably due to all the DUIs, PEDs, and no BLM.
With these retirements, a total of 10 players with eligibility remaining have left the Cats since 2022 fall camp.

mthoopsfan said:
Ursus1 said:
Yet some on here think everything is peachy in the UM athletic department.....you would think after all the Brawl of Wild series losses (is it now 7 years in a row?), being swept (first time on over 20 years) in FB MBB WBB , Cats finishing higher in all 3 major sports would be a red flag....but denial is strong.

Griz beat Cats in football in 2021. How's your memory? Cat women didn't win any more tourney games than the LG.

Which school has better attendance in football and more football revenue? Which school has a better game day atmosphere?

Which school has the better men's basketball attendance?

Which school led the conference in women's basketball attendance?

Do men's basketball losses of 3 and 4 points really upset you that much?

Who thinks "everything is peachy" in UM athletics, or are you literally talking about the athletic department?

Attendance? Keep hanging on to that one and we’ll continue to win the Brawl of the Wild Series. Check out social media reach too. Kicking everyone’s ass in that one as well.

garizzalies said:
Sounds like bubs are dominating Griz in number of players leaving with eligibility remaining. Players are bailing left and right off that sinking ship. Probably due to all the DUIs, PEDs, and no BLM.
With these retirements, a total of 10 players with eligibility remaining have left the Cats since 2022 fall camp.

:lol: The reason for leaving is the good depth that the Cats have. Competition is good. Players leave because they think they can get more playing time at another school or they no longer see a future in football. Good luck to them. They were on a team that went to the semifinals last year and to the national championship the year before. Hardly a sinking ship. :lol: :lol: :lol:

bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:

:lol: The reason for leaving is the good depth that the Cats have. Competition is good. Players leave because they think they can get more playing time at another school or they no longer see a future in football. Good luck to them. They were on a team that went to the semifinals last year and to the national championship the year before. Hardly a sinking ship. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Definitely not what I've heard.

bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:
The reason for leaving is the good depth that the Cats have. Competition is good. Players leave because they think they can get more playing time at another school or they no longer see a future in football. Good luck to them.
:clap: :lol: :clap: :lol: :clap:
Such a bubcatz response.
You lose your starting punter, starting kicker, among others, including the best back in school history, but according to bigguy, “Our backups are better!!”
Can’t make this up. Thank you, Bigguy.

garizzalies said:
bigsky33 said:
The reason for leaving is the good depth that the Cats have. Competition is good. Players leave because they think they can get more playing time at another school or they no longer see a future in football. Good luck to them.
Such a bubcatz response.
You lose your starting punter, starting kicker, among others, including the best back in school history, but according to bigguy, “Our backups are better!!”

Never said back-ups are better. I know you have trouble with reading comprehension. I mentioned depth and competition are reasons young men may decide to leave or no longer see a future in football. For some it is a move up to an FBS school where maybe much more NIL money is involved. That was the case with the kicker going to UCLA and Ifanse after graduating from MSU going to an FBS school.

bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:
Such a bubcatz response.

Never said back-ups are better. I know you have trouble with reading comprehension. I mentioned depth and competition are reasons young men may decide to leave or no longer see a future in football. For some it is a move up to an FBS school where maybe much more NIL money is involved. That was the case with the kicker going to UCLA and Ifanse after graduating from MSU going to an FBS school.

I've heard otherwise. More factors at play. All just rumors.

bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:
Such a bubcatz response.

Backups aren’t better, but at many positions, the backups are just as good as starters. It’s what Vigen does. Cats are going to be very good for a long time.

poorgriz said:
bigsky33 said:

Backups aren’t better, but at many positions, the backups are just as good as starters. It’s what Vigen does. Cats are going to be very good for a long time.

It's wild. Almost seems like the program has ways to supplement a player's talent to make him even better. The only other program at our level that I can remember being able to do that is UNDSU. Maybe it's just a "culture" thing? Who knows?

CDAGRIZ said:
poorgriz said:

It's wild. Almost seems like the program has ways to supplement a player's talent to make him even better. The only other program at our level that I can remember being able to do that is UNDSU. Maybe it's just a "culture" thing? Who knows?

😂😂💥💥

bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:
Such a bubcatz response.

Never said back-ups are better. I know you have trouble with reading comprehension. I mentioned depth and competition are reasons young men may decide to leave or no longer see a future in football.
My god, gramps, I know you are old as dirt, so I am trying to handle you with boomer gloves, but you cannot accuse me of having trouble with reading comprehension when you are the dumbass who claimed “depth” was the reason so many players with eligibility were leaving. You didn’t say shit about moving up to fbs. Instead, you went on and on about depth like you were looking for lost slippers. Go back and read your post again, fossil. Heck, even poorcatz had to correct you.

garizzalies said:
bigsky33 said:
Never said back-ups are better. I know you have trouble with reading comprehension. I mentioned depth and competition are reasons young men may decide to leave or no longer see a future in football.
My god, gramps, I know you are old as dirt, so I am trying to handle you with boomer gloves, but you cannot accuse me of having trouble with reading comprehension when you are the dumbass who claimed “depth” was the reason so many players with eligibility were leaving. You didn’t say shit about moving up to fbs. Instead, you went on and on about depth like you were looking for lost slippers. Go back and read your post again, fossil. Heck, even poorcatz had to correct you.

The reason the guys who were first on the depth chart bailed is because the guys behind him on the depth chart were too good. Simple.

CDAGRIZ said:
garizzalies said:
My god, gramps, I know you are old as dirt, so I am trying to handle you with boomer gloves, but you cannot accuse me of having trouble with reading comprehension when you are the dumbass who claimed “depth” was the reason so many players with eligibility were leaving. You didn’t say poop about moving up to fbs. Instead, you went on and on about depth like you were looking for lost slippers. Go back and read your post again, fossil. Heck, even poorcatz had to correct you.

The reason the guys who were first on the depth chart bailed is because the guys behind him on the depth chart were too good. Simple.
Yes! Thank you!
#bubcatLogic
The starters must have been so scared they were going to lose their starting position that they just said “F— it” and split before spring ball. That’s how good they are.
Or maybe I just can’t read good

garizzalies said:
bigsky33 said:
My god, gramps, I know you are old as dirt, so I am trying to handle you with boomer gloves, but you cannot accuse me of having trouble with reading comprehension when you are the dumbass who claimed “depth” was the reason so many players with eligibility were leaving. You didn’t say poop about moving up to fbs. Instead, you went on and on about depth like you were looking for lost slippers. Go back and read your post again, fossil. Heck, even poorcatz had to correct you.

Some of the players who left were not starters. Yes, I used the word depth and competition is the reason why they left. Your reply was that I said the back-ups are better. It is not what I said. And yes, a couple of starters went to the FBS. The few that were not starters either left to try to get to a school that will give them more playing time or they decided to give-up football. There is nothing in my post about the back-ups are better. Did you graduate from UM?

CDAGRIZ said:
garizzalies said:

The guys who were first on depth chart left for better opportunities and landed with FBS schools. Good for them. Nothing to do with the guys behind them.

bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:

Some of the players who left were not starters. Yes, I used the word depth and competition is the reason why they left. Your reply was that I said the back-ups are better. It is not what I said. And yes, a couple of starters went to the FBS. The few that were not starters either left to try to get to a school that will give them more playing time or they decided to give-up football. There is nothing in my post about the back-ups are better. Did you graduate from UM?

You should talk to more people. Even if the deep, deep depth was the only reason they all left, that depth is shallower now. The staff over there is a trainwreck.

CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:

You should talk to more people. Even if the deep, deep depth was the only reason they all left, that depth is shallower now. The staff over there is a trainwreck.

In your dreams! :lol: :lol: :lol:

bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

In your dreams! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, car wreck*
Why don't you put some feelers out and inquire as to what factored into one of more decision to GTFO of Bozeman forever?

bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

The guys who were first on depth chart left for better opportunities and landed with FBS schools. Good for them. Nothing to do with the guys behind them.

The trolls aren't listening to you, they don't want to, and they never will. The Griz used to lose players and egrizzers would call out 'next man up!'. It was incredible to watch, they never missed a beat. Tremendous team depth. The glory days these guys are still living in. Now they blame losses on injuries & bad officiating. The Cats have depth, great coaching, and a team and culture these guys can't stand - because it's working. Because they're beating the Griz. Because they're the dominant team. Because they're making deep playoff runs. Because MSU has what they don't. Remember last year when the MSU line was all new, young, and inexperienced? Remember last year when Vigan said the O-line would be better than the one they replaced? Remember last year when that same O-line blocked for an all time rushing record at MSU, with Ifanse on the bench? Depth, coaching, recruiting, culture. They'd rather be trolls than have a real discussion, especially if it involves facing the truth.

Back