• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz Basketball 2023-24 Schedule Tracker

Griz will host Northern on Tuesday December 5th. This is the only NAIA school from Montana that the Griz will play this season. I also checked MSU Billings and Yellowstone Christian and did not see us (YCC doesn't even have a website lol). So the other(s) Non-D1 opponent(s) will come from outside the state of Montana. Only 2 games remain. I'm gonna comb through some other non D1 teams websites that we've played in the past to see if I can figure out who the 2 remaining opponents are.

Griz will host D2 Western Washington in an exhibition game on Saturday October 21. They probably should've scheduled these guys in the regular season, and we wouldn't still be waiting on the schedule to come out.

https://x.com/MontanaGrizBB/status/1707467370271502846?s=20
At long last! We finally have a completed schedule! The remaining 2 dates have been added With our opening night game coming against Northwest Indian College on Tuesday November 7, and Montana Tech on Friday December 8. What's funny is just last week I checked both Tech and NWIC websites and both of them had posted their schedules, but neither one of them had the Griz listed, so IDK if these were incredibly late adds or what the case is. A few things to note:

- The schedule consists of 7 home games and 6 road games. Good on the athletic department for getting more than half of the non-conference games at home. Only 4 of those home games will come against D1 opponents (UC Davis, NDSU, SJSU, South Dakota).

-The Big Sky must have changed their policy regarding the number of non D1 opponents you're allowed to play. Up until last year, you were only allowed to schedule 2. I do remember hearing a quote from Tom Wistrcill at Big Sky media days where he said part of the reason we get such bad seeds is because our teams don't play enough home games in non-conference, which was part of the intrigue of extending the Big Sky-Summit League Challenge and perhaps changing their policy on non D1 opponents

- The Zootown Classic has a new name: Basketball Travelers Mike Montgomery Classic, I thought that was interesting. Too bad we weren't able to convince a third team to join as I think MTE's are a lot better with 4 teams than 3.

- Not looking forward to playing Davis, SJSU, and NDSU all twice in non-conference but sometimes that's just the way it works out. Hopefully we never have the problems putting together the schedule that we had this year. Hopefully this is the latest they ever release it ever again!

Thanks for all the help along the way. Excited for the start of the season on the 7th! Go Griz!

Griz til I die said:
https://x.com/MontanaGrizBB/status/1707467370271502846?s=20
At long last! We finally have a completed schedule! The remaining 2 dates have been added With our opening night game coming against Northwest Indian College on Tuesday November 7, and Montana Tech on Friday December 8. What's funny is just last week I checked both Tech and NWIC websites and both of them had posted their schedules, but neither one of them had the Griz listed, so IDK if these were incredibly late adds or what the case is. A few things to note:

- The schedule consists of 7 home games and 6 road games. Good on the athletic department for getting more than half of the non-conference games at home. Only 4 of those home games will come against D1 opponents (UC Davis, NDSU, SJSU, South Dakota).

-The Big Sky must have changed their policy regarding the number of non D1 opponents you're allowed to play. Up until last year, you were only allowed to schedule 2. I do remember hearing a quote from Tom Wistrcill at Big Sky media days where he said part of the reason we get such bad seeds is because our teams don't play enough home games in non-conference, which was part of the intrigue of extending the Big Sky-Summit League Challenge and perhaps changing their policy on non D1 opponents

- The Zootown Classic has a new name: Basketball Travelers Mike Montgomery Classic, I thought that was interesting. Too bad we weren't able to convince a third team to join as I think MTE's are a lot better with 4 teams than 3.

- Not looking forward to playing Davis, SJSU, and NDSU all twice in non-conference but sometimes that's just the way it works out. Hopefully we never have the problems putting together the schedule that we had this year. Hopefully this is the latest they ever release it ever again!

Thanks for all the help along the way. Excited for the start of the season on the 7th! Go Griz!

Thanks for staying on top of this.

Griz til I die said:
The remaining 2 dates have been added With our opening night game coming against Northwest Indian College on Tuesday November 7, and Montana Tech on Friday December 8. What's funny is just last week I checked both Tech and NWIC websites and both of them had posted their schedules, but neither one of them had the Griz listed, so IDK if these were incredibly late adds or what the case is.

Yeah, the Twitter/X announcement image and the GoGriz Schedule webpage don't agree on the date of the Montana Tech game. The Twitter image was posted in the last hour so either really late changes or maybe a typo?

Back