• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz and McNeese

AG1 - 19 time eGriz ban victim/champion now with 100% BOLA

e-BOLA can be hazardous to your health....

get'em_griz said:
Yukon said:
western FBS open teams Sep. 3rd, 2016:

(MWC)
San Diego St
UNLV
Utah St

(PAC-12)
none

(Sun Belt)
New Mexico St
ULM

Any of those MWC teams would be great.

It would be nice to see how the Griz stack up against any possible future conference mates....

Yukon said:

(MWC)
San Diego St
UNLV
Utah St

(PAC-12)
none

(Sun Belt)
New Mexico St
ULM
Inadequate money in any of the above. If MSU can schedule E. Tennessee St., we probably can too.

Fullerton will help Kent with the schedule. A future Big Sky member such as Ft. Lewis or Rocky is possible.

This worries me some. Having games like this, NDSU, Wyoming, Washington, Liberty make excitement for both players and fans. I think it also is great for recruitment knowing the possibility of playing in these games. Has Haslam created any new "excitement" games in his tenure? The aforementioned were all done under the Oday regime.

PlayerRep said:
kyle_sample said:
get'em_griz said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Richmond and JMU would be nice. SE Louisianna could be good. Even Jax St, E Ken, or Chattanooga. Or we could just reschedule McNeese St. They didn't back out, the contract just couldn't be completed because if ASU's move up.

I don't understand how the ASU is the reason behind the Griz and Cowboys not following through with their package deal. Was there something in the contract that said all three teams had to play or nobody could play?

When Bruce Hemphill was hired at McNeese two years ago, he approached Kent with the idea of canceling the agreement and Kent obliged. Kent said it benefitted both schools. I still had a long interview to transcribe, a story to write and a meeting to attend so I didn't press for further details.
He said they have had promising discussions with other schools to start a home-and-home.

Why would it take so long for the athletic department to release this information?

I should clear something up: I didn't mean that Hemphill made it one of his first orders of business to reevaluate this contract. I don't know when he approached Kent, it could have been very recently. It was a couple weeks ago that UM put up a note on footballscoop.com trying to fill those dates. This could have happened recently, or it could have happened two years ago. I can't say with any certainty

kyle_sample said:
I should clear something up: I didn't mean that Hemphill made it one of his first orders of business to reevaluate this contract. I don't know when he approached Kent, it could have been very recently. It was a couple weeks ago that UM put up a note on footballscoop.com trying to fill those dates. This could have happened recently, or it could have happened two years ago. I can't say with any certainty
"Kent said it benefitted both schools." Do you have any sense of how? The opportunity for two home games instead of one, thus more money?

GlacierGrizX said:
This worries me some. Having games like this, NDSU, Wyoming, Washington, Liberty make excitement for both players and fans. I think it also is great for recruitment knowing the possibility of playing in these games. Has Haslam created any new "excitement" games in his tenure? The aforementioned were all done under the Oday regime.

Exactly what I was thinking too!

kemajic said:
kyle_sample said:
"Kent said it benefitted both schools." Do you have any sense of how? The opportunity for two home games instead of one, thus more money?

UM would have had the opportunity for one home game because it already capitalized on the App. State game. I would figure the home game with McNeese would have netted around $1 million so I don't know how UM benefitted. But Kent knows more about that contract than I do

Dear Friends,

No FBS team, I repeat, no FBS team, is ever going to schedule a "home and home" with the University of Montana.

Sincerely,

Reality

AllWeatherFan said:
Dear Friends,

No FBS team, I repeat, no FBS team, is ever going to schedule a "home and home" with the University of Montana.

Sincerely,

Reality

Per NCAA no FBS team can play at an FCS school. That's why the Idaho game is no longer on our schedule.

MiningCityGrizFan said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Dear Friends,

Sincerely,

Reality

Per NCAA no FBS team can play at an FCS school. That's why the Idaho game is no longer on our schedule.

I was under the impression that it is not an NCAA rule, but more of a choice by each conference to dissuade all schools from doing so.

CV Griz Fan said:
get'em_griz said:
Yukon said:

(MWC)
San Diego St
UNLV
Utah St

(PAC-12)
none

(Sun Belt)
New Mexico St
ULM

It would be nice to see how the Griz stack up against any possible future conference mates....

As an outsider, I seriously thank Montana's chance to move up died the day the WAC quit sponsoring football. The MWC isn't going to take you and the Sun Belt once they tell Idaho that their days are numbered and sends them back to the Big Sky. The SB will tell you no also, that you aren't in their foot print.

In other words you are about 5-10 years to late.

MiningCityGrizFan said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Dear Friends,

Sincerely,

Reality

It's not an NCAA rule. Each conference has their own rules about scheduling. Each IA conference except the MAC has a rule about not scheduling IAAs for H/H. Ball State a few years ago signed a H/H with Illinois State, played the 1st game in Muncie IN, and then bought out the 2nd game for the ridiculous price of 7500.00

HerdFan12 said:
CV Griz Fan said:
get'em_griz said:
Yukon said:

(MWC)
San Diego St
UNLV
Utah St

(PAC-12)
none

(Sun Belt)
New Mexico St
ULM

As an outsider, I seriously thank Montana's chance to move up died the day the WAC quit sponsoring football. The MWC isn't going to take you and the Sun Belt once they tell Idaho that their days are numbered and sends them back to the Big Sky. The SB will tell you no also, that you aren't in their foot print.

MiningCityGrizFan said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Dear Friends,

Sincerely,

Reality

It's not an NCAA rule. Each conference has their own rules about scheduling. Each IA conference except the MAC has a rule about not scheduling IAAs for H/H. Ball State a few years ago signed a H/H with Illinois State, played the 1st game in Muncie IN, and then bought out the 2nd game for the ridiculous price of 7500.00
Like the rest of the Griz fans here for the last 6 hours, I wasn't going to respond at your attempted dig at the Griz, then I decided to any way. The MTW could kick out UNLV and invite us and there's no question, it would be a better conference.

alabamagrizzly said:
HerdFan12 said:
CV Griz Fan said:
get'em_griz said:

MiningCityGrizFan said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Dear Friends,

Sincerely,

Reality

Like the rest of the Griz fans here for the last 6 hours, I wasn't going to respond at your attempted dig at the Griz, then I decided to any way. The MTW could kick out UNLV and invite us and there's no question, it would be a better conference.
JMO but if the MWC kicks an institution it won't be UNLV even though their FB has pretty much always stunk and people care more about Bishop Gorman than UNLV. Too many TV sets in Vegas. The MWC would be a better FB conference with UM as a member but that usually isn't the main driving factor. If it was, the donkeys would be in the PAC!

this sounds interesting:

12. Anyone interested in some long-range football scheduling? Montana and Northern Iowa earlier this month announced a home-and-home football series that will start in 2016 in Cedar Falls and conclude in 2018 in Missoula, and that's only the start of the contracts that have nonconference games locked in through the 2021 season. Look for a pair of schools from east of the Mississippi to visit Missoula in 2016 and '17, followed in 2018 by a team out of the Pioneer Football League, then a home-and-home series with a member of the Ohio Valley Conference in 2020 and '21. And those are just the FCS opponents. High-profile games against teams from the Pac-12 -- on the road of course -- will be coming in 2017, '19 and '21 (and you'd be wise to remember that every-other-year-a-Pac-12 trend). Opponents and dates will be announced on gogriz.com as contracts are finalized.

http://www.gogriz.com/news/2015/7/29/GEN_0729152626.aspx

Latest posts

Back