• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Georgia Thread

HookedonGriz said:
They held Georgia to 20+ points less than their average, so that was good. The rest wasn’t great. Was hoping to see more from Steadman in this matchup. Kyle Owens is the most improved Griz player in my opinion. Sorry but I miss Timmy.

Steadman who is that, oh the preseason bsc mvp, was that this year or next year.

I am not sorry to miss Timmy.

Looking like High School ball and yes the season is early but

Are we really playing West Yellowstone Christian , maybe Parker could get 7-8 assists, maybe.

Holy cow just looked at the schedule and we are playing them, thought is was or IS a joke.

I have no problems whatsoever with how the Griz played against Georgia last night. Sure, they had too many turnovers, but the Griz played pretty well without DCH and Satterwhite (and essentially Mack Anderson). The effort was there. Too bad a few more shots didn’t drop, but that’s life on the road in college basketball.

Eddy Egun has a very nice-looking shot. Best pure shooter on the roster, perhaps. If he can improve some other aspects of his game, watch out!

What was this, "SC Two?" Didn't' we just see this horror movie?

We know this team has no quit. But does it have a start?

Like SC, this game over before we brought our heads out of the locker room. Remember that one in-bounds play, where we threw the ball straight to a Georgia player while our three of kids looked at each other, shrugging their shoulders, as the Georgia kid goes in for a dunk?

And then it got worse. Twenty more turnovers. Yet another time an opponent gets their own rebound off a missed foul shot--third time that's happened to us this year. Our kids out-hustled and out- quicked to almost every loose ball.

How many shots did we miss, not from downtown but right at the rim? From my mind's eye: Whitney, Parker, Steadman, Bannan, Owens, Egun.

And never an easy basket! Once, we got a rebound and a quick outlet pass to half-court. Two Georgia players scrambling to get back, but nobody for our guard to pass to. Until our players lope up the court into their set offense, and once again we have to work for an open shot against a tough Georgia set defense.

But then we get an open shot--and we pass it up! Twice Eddie Egun, after that his hot first half, passed up a shot. Why? Shoot the damned ball!! How many times did we pass up an open three for a drive straight into traffic--and another turnover.

Argh!!!!!

And yet...hope. Always hope.

Owens and Whitney are emerging stars. Eddie Egun looked very good, with tremendous upside to his game. Bannan continues to have good moments and will get better as he adjusts to the speed of the American game.

And not only are they all underclassmen, we were without three more good young players, Beasely, Clarke and Carter-Hollinger.

The future remains bright.

Just the one big question: When does it arrive?

Looks like I was expecting way too much, way too soon.

Just watched this via DVR. Anyone see the officiating in this game?? Wow.

I’m sure the bsc brass was far too busy with the important work of the conference to watch (you know, like trying to find a way to add SE Midwestern Coastal Nebraskan Wesleyan), but maybe they could put down the shrimp and champagne long enough to take a peek at how a game should be officiated.

EverettGriz said:

I’m sure the bsc brass was far too busy with the important work of the conference to watch (you know, like trying to find a way to add SE Midwestern Coastal Nebraskan Wesleyan), but maybe they could put down the shrimp and champagne long enough to take a peek at how a game should be officiated.

Did you watch the 2nd SUU game?

AZGrizFan said:
EverettGriz said:

It was better officiated than the first one but can we agree that the refs should, unless a foul is completely obvious, swallow their whistle in the last minute of a tightly contested game?

tgreseth said:
AZGrizFan said:

It was better officiated than the first one but can we agree that the refs should, unless a foul is completely obvious, swallow their whistle in the last minute of a tightly contested game?

Well certainly, but it’s not the first time that’s happened. I.e., take a look at the last 45 seconds of the UVA/Texas Tech 2018 national championship game...three horrid, game-changing calls...ALL bad, ALL in UVA’s favor. And one would think that crew would be fairly highly respected?

AZGrizFan said:
tgreseth said:

Well certainly, but it’s not the first time that’s happened. I.e., take a look at the last 45 seconds of the UVA/Texas Tech 2018 national championship game...three horrid, game-changing calls...ALL bad, ALL in UVA’s favor. And one would think that crew would be fairly highly respected?

Sure, now imagine if Texas Tech played UVA again 3 days later, got the same officiating crew, and a similar late call that cost them the game (again)...

AZGrizFan said:
EverettGriz said:

A little like comparing the Grand Canyon to the Berkley Pit.

That said, if we could ever get consistent officiating even half that good I'd be satisfied. But obviously that's a fucking pipe dream because, well, #bsc.

tgreseth said:
AZGrizFan said:

Sure, now imagine if Texas Tech played UVA again 3 days later, got the same officiating crew, and a similar late call that cost them the game (again)...

It only took once. I don’t need to relive it. :twisted: :twisted:

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
Does asking where Henderson is = "going to be a thing or a game changer"?

:lol: :lol:

My thought exactly. Just wondering what happened after his initial showing. Did he immediately get into the dog house? did he get injured? Inquiring minds want to know...

I was taking several posts into account, there seemed to be a general sentiment that Henderson is supposed to be a weapon why isn't he out there, to be reach out full potential he should be playing etc... I just don't see what evidence ever pointed to him being more than JAG or below that level.

Latest posts

Back