• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Georgia Thread

AZGrizFan said:
TrueGriz said:
redshirt senior

You were close, Mouse... :lol:

Hint of sarcasm perhaps.m?...tongue in cheek? I know he's our big man improvement senior transfer all conference mvp candidate.....just not seeing it. Where is Kelby Kramer when we need him?

Mousegriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
You were close, Mouse... :lol:

Hint of sarcasm perhaps.m?...tongue in cheek? I know he's our big man improvement senior transfer all conference mvp candidate.....just not seeing it. Where is Kelby Kramer when we need him?

:thumb: :thumb:

Is this team just Stupid or Lazy when it come to rebounding constantly letting 1 guy come in and take it away from 3 of our guys or us having nobody in position to rebound on what should be an easy rebound.
Not to mention could hardly make single clean pass tonight, score was closer than it actually was.
Ga Dogs looked like a smart high energy good defensive team...probably be a middle of pack team in SEC though as it looks like they don't have much size or shooting and will probably struggle to score in SEC

Rebounds 30-49. O rebounds 3-18.

TO 20-18. Whitney had only 1 in 2d half, Bannan 0. After 5 and 4 in first half.

Minutes: Whitney, Owens, Steadman, Egun, Parker, Bannan 38, 37, 33, 28, 25, 19. 1 for Anderson.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
Where’s DCH?
Where’s Henderson?

Henderson is listed in stats as having played a few minutes.

Why are people thinking Henderson is going to be a thing or a game changer. He didn't do anything great at Umass-Lowell. Hopefully he can be a solid guy off the bench give you 7-10 good minutes a night but I don't see why to expect more than that.
DHC must be hurt?
Is Beasley still recovering from injury? He hurt his ankle last year right?

CleanHOUSE said:
Is this team just Stupid or Lazy when it come to rebounding constantly letting 1 guy come in and take it away from 3 of our guys or us having nobody in position to rebound on what should be an easy rebound.
Not to mention could hardly make single clean pass tonight, score was closer than it actually was.
Ga Dogs looked like a smart high energy good defensive team...probably be a middle of pack team in SEC though as it looks like they don't have much size or shooting and will probably struggle to score in SEC

Not disagreeing or making excuses, but that one Georgia kid had 8 offensive rebounds and is a super good rebounder. 17 rebounds for him overall.

CleanHOUSE said:
PlayerRep said:
Henderson is listed in stats as having played a few minutes.

Why are people thinking Henderson is going to be a thing or a game changer. He didn't do anything great at Umass-Lowell. Hopefully he can be a solid guy off the bench give you 7-10 good minutes a night but I don't see why to expect more than that.
DHC must be hurt?

Does asking where Henderson is = "going to be a thing or a game changer"?

PlayerRep said:
CleanHOUSE said:
DHC must be hurt?

:lol: :lol:

My thought exactly. Just wondering what happened after his initial showing. Did he immediately get into the dog house? did he get injured? Inquiring minds want to know...

PlayerRep said:
The refs were good, didn't try to overcall the game, and didn't homer the Griz.

Unfortunately our crew doesn't handle physical play very well. They are so used to touch fouls when the get bumped instead of playing through it they freeze up and lose the ball. They looked decent in short stretches then Ga turned up the pressure and they wilted and had turnover flurries. It was nice to see refs actually let them play but they did not react well. Can't squawk about cheapie foul calls and not be able to handle some physical play.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

:lol: :lol:

My thought exactly. Just wondering what happened after his initial showing. Did he immediately get into the dog house? did he get injured? Inquiring minds want to know...

I heard he was caught eating a hot dog at halftime.

My assessment of this game. Georgia is athletic, long and fast. Outside of that I’m not that impressed and think they will end up in the bottom third of the SEC. Of course their going to out rebound us because of the aforementioned attributes. Outside of that we lost a game we could have won without 20 turnovers but we’re still in that learning curve stage.
O I think I can understand Travis’s rationale for starting Bannan to get him familiar with American basketball but at this point he’s more of a liability than asset. Parker on the other hand needs to give up the ball once in a while and be part of and not try and control the ball. After watching Eddie Egan I feel he will always be a spot player despite his 3 point range. He does not handle the ball very well, cannot create his own shot once the defense takes away the 3 point line and he’s turnover prone. Owens to this point looks the best offensively and seems to work the hardest. Whitney is going to be a force in the future.
Come the 16th it’s on to Seattle and Huskies. I know they had a bad year last year but they are a PAC-12 team so they should be favored. I’m not ready to throw in the towel by a long shot as long as Travis is our coach. He has to be really frustrated that he can’t recruit top quality players to Montana.

Sport said:
My assessment of this game. Georgia is athletic, long and fast. Outside of that I’m not that impressed and think they will end up in the bottom third of the SEC. Of course their going to out rebound us because of the aforementioned attributes. Outside of that we lost a game we could have won without 20 turnovers but we’re still in that learning curve stage.
O I think I can understand Travis’s rationale for starting Bannan to get him familiar with American basketball but at this point he’s more of a liability than asset. Parker on the other hand needs to give up the ball once in a while and be part of and not try and control the ball. After watching Eddie Egan I feel he will always be a spot player despite his 3 point range. He does not handle the ball very well, cannot create his own shot once the defense takes away the 3 point line and he’s turnover prone. Owens to this point looks the best offensively and seems to work the hardest. Whitney is going to be a force in the future.
Come the 16th it’s on to Seattle and Huskies. I know they had a bad year last year but they are a PAC-12 team so they should be favored. I’m not ready to throw in the towel by a long shot as long as Travis is our coach. He has to be really frustrated that he can’t recruit top quality players to Montana.

I believe that TD said they have a game scheduled for this weekend against Yellowstone Christian.

They held Georgia to 20+ points less than their average, so that was good. The rest wasn’t great. Was hoping to see more from Steadman in this matchup. Kyle Owens is the most improved Griz player in my opinion. Sorry but I miss Timmy.

Latest posts

Back