• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

First Time Since 2002

BWahlberg said:
Does anyone else imagine Alpha singing "for the first time in forever" about this?
If by forever you mean five years, sure. Quite the parallels in fact...

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Fu*k that, let them go unused and send a message to O'Day.

I am also excited about Griz football again. Its been 7 years of pure hell knowing that every year you start out with ZERO chance of winning it all.

Its so awesome to finally have a qualified offensive minded coach to lead this team. Pflugrad is the best recruiter we have ever had so sit back and enjoy this ride!

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Loved the creative play calling tonight so much more inventive and exciting to watch when the players could actually catch the ball.

Loved the call in the 1st qtr when they hit Sambrano on the reverse for the TD. Coach obviously saw the over pursuing D and hit em where it hurts. Great call Smith!

Many other plays would have resulted in big gains but the QB couldnt get the ball into the playmakers hands.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Pflugrad is a real coach not one that needs to learn on the job.

I have a feeling that when this guys gets to the NC he closes the deal.

I'm not sure I'm comfortable with middle aged men "picturing" me doing anything let alone singing 2 of the greatest songs ever.

Bah, whatever floats your boat... Just don't tell me about it :shrug:

Griz basketball is in the hunt for the conference title despite being picked to finish 8th. MSU Football appears to be in the dumpster just waiting for a bum to flick in a cigarette. EWUs QB hero has turned villain. The recruiting exceeded expectations. Bob Stitt brings energy and optimism to the offense. NDSU is coming to WaGriz for the national season opener. And by God, even AG1 is upbeat about the direction Griz football is going. Happy Days are here my friends - can't wait.

Buttegrizzle said:
Griz basketball is in the hunt for the conference title despite being picked to finish 8th. MSU Football appears to be in the dumpster just waiting for a bum to flick in a cigarette. EWUs QB hero has turned villain. The recruiting exceeded expectations. Bob Stitt brings energy and optimism to the offense. NDSU is coming to WaGriz for the national season opener. And by God, even AG1 is upbeat about the direction Griz football is going. Happy Days are here my friends - can't wait.

Well put :thumb:

Buttegrizzle said:

It is an absolute HELLUVA time to be a motherfucking GRIZ my friends!!!! :cool:

Props to the Lady Griz hoops team for clinching a share of the Big Sky Title!!

PlayerRep said:
One of things I learned over the years, including from Alpha, is how to make comments that designed to fire up some of you. Alpha is the king of Living in Your Heads, but he's not the only one. Thanks for playing.

Nice try. Please play again.

Coach Stitt mixes up a mean batch of Griz Kool-Aid and I'm bellying up for a full pitcher.

kemajic said:
grizcountry420 said:
PlayerRep said:
mtgrizrule said:
Could it be possible? Alpha and PR actually on the same page.

No way, don't see Alpha allowing for that ever. Egriz would become much too boring.

Most of egriz as well as certain others may be excited about Stitt, but many of the big supporters and multiple former playrers seem to be taking a wait-and-see attitude.

and when he does succeed they will be the first in line to give him a hand job.... Those are the type of fans we dont need..
Right; let's nominate him FCS coach of the year before we see fly sweep one.

Mark me down as a wait and see, not sure he was the best hire, although, he is here now, so I will support him, with the hope that the "Fly Sweep" is what will win football games, it takes more than trickery offense to win football games, excited that Gregorak is still here.

Griz90 said:
Coach Stitt mixes up a mean batch of Griz Kool-Aid and I'm bellying up for a full pitcher.

I was hesitant about Stitt at first, but if you can spare a glass, I'd have a glass of that Kool-Aid!

:thumb:

GO GRIZ!t

Stitt's offense isn't a "fly sweep offense", it's a play in an offense.. it's not even trickery, it's a misdirection play. I don't know what's so hard to understand.

Titleless this is eGriz, quit wasting your time.........you know why.

:coffee:

Now go work on your game..........its 18 days to Vegas

MrTitleist said:
Stitt's offense isn't a "fly sweep offense", it's a play in an offense.. it's not even trickery, it's a misdirection play. I don't know what's so hard to understand.

Remember when Hauck ran the "Fake Punt Offense?" Every play was a fake punt, right? I'm glad that didn't catch on.

CDAGRIZ said:
MrTitleist said:

Remember when Hauck ran the "Fake Punt Offense?" Every play was a fake punt, right? I'm glad that didn't catch on.

Riverboat Bobby @ his best. I'm also fond of the "Don't throw it to Mariani" second half of the NC. Why wear the guy out when all he did was own Nova's asses the whole first half.

bgbigdog said:
CDAGRIZ said:
MrTitleist said:

Riverboat Bobby @ his best. I'm also fond of the "Don't throw it to Mariani" second half of the NC. Why wear the guy out when all he did was own Nova's asses the whole first half.

You will never convince eGriz that wasnt the proper way to use Mariani.

Wouldnt want him getting hurt from running too many plays. You should always limit your best players in ways to save them from getting tired, injuries or for their NFL career.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
bgbigdog said:
CDAGRIZ said:
MrTitleist said:

Wouldnt want him getting hurt from running too many plays. You should always limit your best players in ways to save them from getting tired, injuries or for their NFL career.

Light years ago when I was a kid every RB carried 20+ times and every WR played every down, now they play half the snaps and are hurt all the time, anybody have ideas why? I'm sure the fact that the defensive side of the ball has gotten much bigger and faster in the last 40 years is a big factor, but really when I see a stud RB with 8 carries in a game I have to think WTF?

MrTitleist said:

Thank you! As it has already been put, it's an opportunistic spread offense. There may be long stretches where that play isn't even called. His offense isn't gimicky it is innovative and very difficult to prepare for.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
bgbigdog said:
CDAGRIZ said:
MrTitleist said:

I guess he figured one Sports Center catch per game was enough !

Latest posts

Back