• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FCS "Rankings" and The Folly of Trusting Media About The FCS

It's crucial to approach FCS rankings with a critical eye, as media coverage may not always reflect the true strength of teams. Diverse sources and firsthand knowledge offer a more comprehensive view. Stay informed and engaged to make well-informed judgments about FCS football.
This has to be AI generated. No one here would craft such a perfectly bland and inoffensive paragraph. Anyone have more knowledge on the subject?

This has to be AI generated. No one here would craft such a perfectly bland and inoffensive paragraph. Anyone have more knowledge on the subject?
Could be right. 1st post from a new member from India. Interesting that it was smart enough to put a 37 in their name though. Mods, is it possible for an AI to join a fan forum and post?

Could be right. 1st post from a new member from India. Interesting that it was smart enough to put a 37 in their name though. Mods, is it possible for an AI to join a fan forum and post?
Was sort of wondering if posting on message boards was a way they "practice" using these AI creations. Just curious.

Absolutely, it would be pretty easy to make a bot to do some things. Having it read and insert a paragraph like that is pretty doable, from my understanding, and that is exactly the kind of weird and bland advice that nobody asked for that screams random bot.

Bot actually account for 20-30% of online twitter posts. It is a LOT more prevalent than people realize.

Absolutely, it would be pretty easy to make a bot to do some things. Having it read and insert a paragraph like that is pretty doable, from my understanding, and that is exactly the kind of weird and bland advice that nobody asked for that screams random bot.

Bot actually account for 20-30% of online twitter posts. It is a LOT more prevalent than people realize.
That’s definitely interesting. I know the possibilities are limitless and it’s exciting but it’s going to become a very different world we live in. Not sure if I’m young and adaptable enough for it😂.

That’s definitely interesting. I know the possibilities are limitless and it’s exciting but it’s going to become a very different world we live in. Not sure if I’m young and adaptable enough for it😂.
Man, I'm hitting the point where technology can fool me and I'm confused by the names of some rappers. I have to finally accept that I'm old, and not cool anymore. But I'm really not sure how we are going to be quite sure of anything we see on a screen in ten years. The AI and the CGI is just getting way too good.

I had a family event I hosted a few weeks ago that involved a presentation, and I just had ChatGPT do it for me. All I did was take what it out out, throw it on a few slides and add images.

Man, I'm hitting the point where technology can fool me and I'm confused by the names of some rappers. I have to finally accept that I'm old, and not cool anymore. But I'm really not sure how we are going to be quite sure of anything we see on a screen in ten years. The AI and the CGI is just getting way too good.

I had a family event I hosted a few weeks ago that involved a presentation, and I just had ChatGPT do it for me. All I did was take what it out out, throw it on a few slides and add images.
I was just having that age old debate of what society would be like if all of our phone/app technology just suddenly vanished. I know older people like us would adapt back to “normal” quicker but anyone under 20-25 would be in serious trouble.

I was just having that age old debate of what society would be like if all of our phone/app technology just suddenly vanished. I know older people like us would adapt back to “normal” quicker but anyone under 20-25 would be in serious trouble.
I am genuinely concerned for a lot of businesses, in that case. When the internet goes out in businesses I have worked at, it has been really eye opening to me not just that we rely too much on the internet and technology, we all know that is normal, but that we have in many cases forgotten how to operate without it.

I was working in a sales job 10 years ago, and when the internet went down it was almost appalling how unequipped to deal with it the business was. There was talk of just closing the doors until there was internet again.

I am genuinely concerned for a lot of businesses, in that case. When the internet goes out in businesses I have worked at, it has been really eye opening to me not just that we rely too much on the internet and technology, we all know that is normal, but that we have in many cases forgotten how to operate without it.

I was working in a sales job 10 years ago, and when the internet went down it was almost appalling how unequipped to deal with it the business was. There was talk of just closing the doors until there was internet again.
The internet has just become what electricity was before it was around. It was the same thing 30-40 years ago when the electricity went out. It's essentially a utility now. We need it as a society to function, and I don't necessarily see it as something wrong with society.

The internet has just become what electricity was before it was around. It was the same thing 30-40 years ago when the electricity went out. It's essentially a utility now. We need it as a society to function, and I don't necessarily see it as something wrong with society.
Yea, and maybe I'm just a bit jaded. I am worried about a lot of where society is headed, and I don't mean in terms of like "I hate the other side politically," but am really worried about general sourcing of information and lost a ability to think critically and communicate successfully that I see going further and further by the wayside as people dive further into our own little internet rabbit holes.

But, not like I can change it and it has nothing to do with FCS football, so I will stop digressing.

It’s scary especially with how hackable it is. Hacker’s technology will always be ahead of those trying to stop them. There’s no question how dependent we’ve become on it also. All your security systems are run through internet. All banks and money transferring sites. It would be pretty easy to quickly gown down the USA internet takeover rabbit hole.

Back